Tears Gator Tears

Most rational tears I have seen in there. That’s the scariest part. Some of them might actually be waking up right… naw, once they get their first 4 star recruit they taking over haha. One thing that was touched on briefly that I want to point out is that our staff is full of guys who have won big in the SEC and theirs is not outside of Raymond. I think that matters more then they realize. We also have guys who have coached in a bunch of conference so they can temper some of the SEC, SEC garbage.

Miami has more former SEC coaches than Florida has...

Advertisement
So here's my question: what is their staff doing that they like? They keep saying "yeah, recruiting is slow, but I like what Billy's doing." So like, what is that? I'm not trying to be funny, does anyone know what it is they think Billy is doing well?

Ok, the answer to my question will be hilarious, but I'm not trying to be funny with the question itself.

Looks like QueJay may be taking his ball and going home...

"Anybody built for the message board life interested in passing information to the board on my behalf shoot me a message please. I’m not and I have no problem admitting that. I don’t have thick skin and I don’t plan on growing any either. I can’t stand the constant negativity but there are some things I’d still like to share every now & then. I’m outta here for the night but I’ll check the messages sometime tomorrow. Thanks in advance."

"Anybody built for the message board life interested in passing information to the board on my behalf shoot me a message please. I’m not and I have no problem admitting that. I don’t have thick skin and I don’t plan on growing any either. I can’t stand the constant negativity but there are some things I’d still like to share every now & then. I’m outta here for the night but I’ll check the messages sometime tomorrow. Thanks in advance."

Amazing ppl get this worked up over a bunch of kids playing football. Fanatic/fans are crazy.

Advertisement
Uh-oh, Gaytor fans aren't going to like this...

Smells like...courtesy visit...

1651064921022.png

Advertisement
So here's my question: what is their staff doing that they like? They keep saying "yeah, recruiting is slow, but I like what Billy's doing." So like, what is that? I'm not trying to be funny, does anyone know what it is they think Billy is doing well?

Ok, the answer to my question will be hilarious, but I'm not trying to be funny with the question itself.

It's crazy, isn't it?

---One thing that they seem to like is that Gaypier has hired a bunch of people for eval/recruiting. As if numbers are everything. The Gaytor fans haven't quite accounted for reality, which is that maybe...just maybe...and hear me out on this...an "army" of evaluators might make sense when you are at a G5 and are mining for hidden gems, but it doesn't seem to be the magic formula when you are at a P5 and the pool of recruits is pretty much published on Rivals and 247 (with rankings and everything). Don't get me wrong, they still need to pick the RIGHT blue-chips, but I'm not sure that "Billy's Army" and "Layers" are some sort of brilliant/novel edge that Gaypier brings to Hogtown.

---They do not seem to have anything they can identify and name that Gaypier is doing PROFOUNDLY different than Mullet did. For instance, Miami can point to specific things that Mario has changed, from the emphasis on physical play in practice, to the 11-on-11s instead of 7-on-7s, to the vast number of COACHES (not recruiting analysts) who are on the field for every practice. I wouldn't say that Gaypier has "done nothing", and maybe his practices are more organized than what Mullet did. But as goofy as Mullet was on a personal level, he was a former SEC HEAD COACH. He basically knew what to do as an SEC head coach, unlike Manny. So until Gaytor fans explain "Mullet did X, but now Gaypier does Y", I'm going to chalk up the "I like what Billy's doing" to the Gaytor fans just being happy to have a new/different coach.

---If you want reeeeeeal honesty, we all know that Mullet was a "smartest guy in the room" type, he bombed two interviews with UM because he was an arrogant prick who came off as if he invented football. At the same time, the Gaytor fans are among the most arrogant in college football, constantly bragging about Gaytor Brandz and SEC-SEC-SEC and getting Top 5 recruiting classes. So as long as they have a coach who appears to embrace all of the Gaytor attributes WITHOUT acting like he is above it all or separate from it all or better than everyone else, then they are fine with it. "Smug" Gaypier is OK, but "Smarter than you without any rings to show" Mullet is not OK.

This is why I love this thread so much. Gaytor fans just write their own roast jokes.

Mercy Percy just sharted himself trying to type out a breathless DM response to QueJay...

Alderman holding fast to his story that Miami doubled it's NIL offer to Jackson once he set the OV to the Gators. They are holding on to that story like a life raft..
And my response to him and them, again, is who cares. It is not like Ruiz and Co have shown a limit to their marketing budget. If anything, they went and said WR next.

Advertisement
Alderman holding fast to his story that Miami doubled it's NIL offer to Jackson once he set the OV to the Gators. They are holding on to that story like a life raft..

And, again, Blake Alderman confirms the true story that Gaytor Guard simply doesn't have the funding to compete with Miami, let alone Alabama and Georgia.

Yup. We just saw fsu do it with mims. **** can get weird real quick lol

Right. In this situation, I can def understand the tears though because looking at the main thing portal kids look for, playing time, he had that **** near guaranteed at UF (not saying he don’t at UM) and we got our food eaten off our plate to our in state rival at a position of NEED.

Advertisement
Tried to tell folks that recruiting is fluid and never count some kid as in until he makes it PUBLIC. **** good get by Miami. You gonna win some in recruiting and you’re going to lose some
If there’s any program/fan base that knows this too well, it’s us U fans. For the last two decades, nothing but heartaches at the alter holding the flowers. It’s a new day.

Advertisement
Back