Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

What's your early prediction on their schedule? I got 8-4 with losses to Bama, UGA, LSU, and a random SEC game that Mullen always finds a way to lose where he shouldn't. Ill with SC coming off a beatdown by UGA.
GIF by Rexona Now United

Yes. I believe the kid's name is Finn and he signed with either UVA or VT. Not sure the exact story, but I vaguely remember they brought in an Aussie punter recently (I remember because in typical **** fashion they laughed at us for bringing in an Australian punter and then proceeded to copy us by bringing in an Australian punter). Maybe he got scared by the Aussie? @flagator86 may have more insight?

this is correct!!!

What's your early prediction on their schedule? I got 8-4 with losses to Bama, UGA, LSU, and a random SEC game that Mullen always finds a way to lose where he shouldn't. Ill with SC coming off a beatdown by UGA.

i got 10-2 reg season with Bama & UGA losses. LSU game is a toss up as that game has always been close for like the past 20 years. Even with a new HC etc, I don’t like that USCe game as I never like our game that’s after the UGA game bc we typically struggle if not lose. The UGA game is slighty UGA imo but can go either way as well.

DE’s: Zach Carter and Brenton Cox (I like Bogle more than Cox if I’m being honest)

DT’s: Shelton (the PSU transfer) and Newkirk (transfer from AU) along with Dexter and Jalen Lee are the first 4.

LB’s: Diabate and Tyron Hopper (along with Amari Burney who’s not done much). Hopefully Derek Wingo and/Diwun Black get up to speed and can contribute

Secondary: Elam and Hill at corner although Marshall should overtake him (Hill) soon. At STAR/Nickel it’ll be Trev Johnson and at Safety should be Rashad Torrence and Trey Dean

Last edited:
Advertisement
i got 10-2 reg season with Bama & UGA losses. LSU game is a toss up as that game has always been close for like the past 20 years. Even with a new HC etc, I don’t like that USCe game as I never like our game that’s after the UGA game bc we typically struggle if not lose. The UGA game is slighty UGA imo but can go either way as well.

DE’s: Zach Carter and Brenton Cox (I like Bogle more than Cox if I’m being honest)

DT’s: Shelton (the PSU transfer) and Newkirk (transfer from AU) along with Dexter and Jalen Lee are the first 4.

LB’s: Diabate and Tyron Hopper (along with Amari Burney who’s not done much). Hopefully Derek Wingo and/Diwun Black get up to speed and can contribute

Secondary: Elam and Hill at corner although Marshall should overtake him (Hill) soon. At STAR/Nickel it’ll be Trev Johnson and at Safety should be Rashad Torrence and Trey Dean
so wait, you are going to have a better season after losing a historically good offense that won 8 games...and are going from an NFL drafted QB to a qb who we aren't sure can complete a forward pass?

I genuinely believe it’s more likely that Anthony Richardson finishes the season at QB than the Turds win 9 games with Jones.

Then again, we all know it takes a QB getting injured for Mullen to realize that his backup is better.

UK could give you trouble... Mizzou always plays you guys tough too

so wait, you are going to have a better season after losing a historically good offense that won 8 games...and are going from an NFL drafted QB to a qb who we aren't sure can complete a forward pass?

the defense will be better and we also face like 600 first time QB’s and a few new or 2nd year HC’s along the way in Norvell, Huepel, Beamer, Vandy new HC and UK, Missouri I believe, UT, FSU to a degree will be breaking in new QB’s. Our schedule is friendly and yes I believe we’ll have a better record than last season.

And come on now, Emory can pass. If comparing him to Trask, obviously that’s a step down and would be for anyone who’d be replacing him but he will be good enough

Advertisement
the defense will be better and we also face like 600 first time QB’s and a few new or 2nd year HC’s along the way in Norvell, Huepel, Beamer, Vandy new HC and UK, Missouri I believe, UT, FSU to a degree will be breaking in new QB’s. Our schedule is friendly and yes I believe we’ll have a better record than last season.

And stop the cap on Emory, he can pass. If comparing him to Trask, obviously that’s a step down and would be for anyone who’d be replacing him but he will be good enough
I think it’s likely that UF and UM match up in a bowl game this year in a non NY6. Both sitting at 9-3/8-4 territory

And stop the cap on Emory, he can pass. If comparing him to Trask, obviously that’s a step down and would be for anyone who’d be replacing him but he will be good enough

Jones is also a better fit for what Mullen likes to do at his roots. He'll put up good numbers. I think the offense will take a step back but the defense should be improved with the talent coming back and the transfers.

People seem to have already forgotten that 2020 was a unique season from a schedule perspective. The SEC played 10 league games. So yes, the bottom line was 8-4, but they were 8-2 in the regular season vs only SEC teams. Throw in 4 OOC games this year (which, in typical gator fashion, are all trash), and there's a reason 9 or 9.5 wins is the line in Vegas.

Samford, FAU, USF and FSU in the OOC. That's almost assuredly 4 wins right there
Then Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee. That's almost assuredly at least 3 right there.
Then Bama, LSU, UGA, and USCe. They probably win 2 of those.

They have at least 7 locks. Just win 2 more from that 2nd and 3rd block and you're at 9 pretty easily.

I think it’s likely that UF and UM match up in a bowl game this year in a non NY6. Both sitting at 9-3/8-4 territory

right. They were speaking on Miami here yesterday about the over under on wins for UM and i think it was set at 8.5 and im taking the over. The team may not be better than last year’s squad BUT the schedule for you all sits pretty enough that if you get pst the Bama game, I would favor UM going into every game the rest of the schedule as of now.

Jones is also a better fit for what Mullen likes to do at his roots. He'll put up good numbers. I think the offense will take a step back but the defense should be improved with the talent coming back and the transfers.

People seem to have already forgotten that 2020 was a unique season from a schedule perspective. The SEC played 10 league games. So yes, the bottom line was 8-4, but they were 8-2 in the regular season vs only SEC teams. Throw in 4 OOC games this year (which, in typical gator fashion, are all trash), and there's a reason 9 or 9.5 wins is the line in Vegas.

Samford, FAU, USF and FSU in the OOC. That's almost assuredly 4 wins right there
Then Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee. That's almost assuredly at least 3 right there.
Then Bama, LSU, UGA, and USCe. They probably win 2 of those.

They have at least 7 locks. Just win 2 more from that 2nd and 3rd block and you're at 9 pretty easily.
Yeah it’s tough to realistically predict less than 7 wins based solely on their schedule. Maybe 6 wins if they struggle. Although predicting more than 8 wins seems very generous to me also. You can’t ignore the fact that they were carried by a record breaking offense last year and almost everyone from that offense is gone. Also, their defense was really bad last season and they didn’t do a whole lot to change that. They could improve but they’re nowhere near good enough to carry a bad offense. They can’t afford to get into shootouts because even if Jones doesn’t suck, they don’t have the weapons to score 40 points against P5 teams. I’m expecting the offense to look more like it did in 2018/2019.

Advertisement
Anyways lets see how today plays out because at 2pm, 4* CB from Texas Julian Humphrey is set to announce where he’s going and it’s down to UF, Texas A&M, and a LSU.

If we whiff here, that CB board gets a bit spooky with Singletary and Little no longer in realistic play for UF. Myles Pollard, Spells, Stinson (AU commit), and Terrance Brooks are our other CB targets at the moment worth mentioning

Well, they do have, like, eighteen guys who are going to be drafted. Worst case scenario. According to that one Gaytor porster.

And come on now, Emory can pass. If comparing him to Trask, obviously that’s a step down and would be for anyone who’d be replacing him but he will be good enough
Gator, you will not beat LSU in Baton Rouge next season. At the Swamp - I'd give you that one. You have a favorable schedule indeed, but there is absolutely no way you replace the productivity of Trask, Pittman and Toney next season to win 10 games.

9-3 or 8-4.

Advertisement

Defense has to be better, it couldn't get much worse...I mean Trask had to average 400+ yards on most of the games in the second half of the season. Offensively you guys are going to struggle with decent teams. I agree that if you win 8 games again, that is an improvement as your offense will come back down to reality.

If I'm teams I stack the line and make Emory pass, as I don't think he can. I think as another poster said that Richardson will take over at some point.

Advertisement
Back