Tears Gator Tears

They really are pûssies. The biggest pûssy program there is.

Okay im gonna say this but im sure i have before. The whole SEC is the toughest conference thing is pure crap. Every single year they inflate their pre season rankings and have like 7-8 ranked teams. So when they play one another and beat each other in the conference it looks like a quality win and loss because the loser never drops to far.

I cant remember the year but they have two 3 loss teams ranked in the top 25 which is bullsh*t. Are they a good conference? Sure but theyre over inflated egos are ridiculous. When we dominated you never heard of the SEC

Advertisement
Yep SEC looking to bring forward the next two crossover teams, too. Rusty Mansell on the UGA board said he was told the schedule was held up from going public because UF was fighting it.......
For whatever this is worth, I have a friend who does TV production for SEC football games. We were just chatting this afternoon. Their plan as we know is the 10 games. They also apparently have a backup schedule with 8 games if needed.

For whatever this is worth, I have a friend who does TV production for SEC football games. We were just chatting this afternoon. Their plan as we know is the 10 games. They also apparently have a backup schedule with 8 games if needed.

UF doesn't want Alabama & TAMU. UGA would get ARkansas and MSU I think. I think Bama would get UF and Vandy.

I wonder if the ACC will drop the extra game, to0

Okay im gonna say this but im sure i have before. The whole SEC is the toughest conference thing is pure crap. Every single year they inflate their pre season rankings and have like 7-8 ranked teams. So when they play one another and beat each other in the conference it looks like a quality win and loss because the loser never drops to far.

I cant remember the year but they have two 3 loss teams ranked in the top 25 which is bullsh*t. Are they a good conference? Sure but theyre over inflated egos are ridiculous. When we dominated you never heard of the SEC
Also, to be fair the SEC West is probably the toughest division in college football. The SEC East is a very far cry from that. If any SEC East team, other than Georgia these past 4 years, were in the West, they would have 3-4 losses a year minimum.

Advertisement
Also, to be fair the SEC West is probably the toughest division in college football. The SEC East is a very far cry from that. If any SEC East team, other than Georgia these past 4 years, were in the West, they would have 3-4 losses a year minimum.

This is true. Alabama, LSU and Auburn are all tough teams. Ole Miss and Miss St may be better with their coaching changes. Arkansas is the lone bad team

UF doesn't want Alabama & TAMU. UGA would get ARkansas and MSU I think. I think Bama would get UF and Vandy.

I wonder if the ACC will drop the extra game, to0
I honestly don’t know. The extra game that the ACC has just seems superfluous and a bit silly. I think they did it to make the SEC look like they were the ones who didn’t want the 4 in state rivalry games, but I just don’t see the point of that extra exposure risk, inconsistencies in other conferences’ scheduling, not having the same testing procedures, for and the less flexibility if they need to rework the schedule.

This is true. Alabama, LSU and Auburn are all tough teams. Ole Miss and Miss St may be better with their coaching changes. Arkansas is the lone bad team
And Texas A&M is in the west... compared to Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina and Missou. They have Georgia and LSU as their annual crossover, like us with FSU.

Advertisement
I know you’ll need booties , a rain coat and a umbrella. Bad storm brewing for my friends in Gainesville.
The high priest has spoken

1596244547812.gif

I honestly don’t know. The extra game that the ACC has just seems superfluous and a bit silly. I think they did it to make the SEC look like they were the ones who didn’t want the 4 in state rivalry games, but I just don’t see the point of that extra exposure risk, inconsistencies in other conferences’ scheduling, not having the same testing procedures, for and the less flexibility if they need to rework the schedule.

I actually like it. Its going to give the smaller programs a payout and a lifeline. It might keep a lot of schools from folding football.

Advertisement
I actually like it. Its going to give the smaller programs a payout and a lifeline. It might keep a lot of schools from folding football.

they did it solely to keep the SEC rivalry game in place for the ACC teams. clemsons ad spoke bout why they lobbied hard for it. it wasnt a secret. now SEC is going 10 games along with pac 12 and big 10, acc prolly does the same

Advertisement
I get that but two points. Smaller conferences may not have the same testing access and procedures. It’s noble if they want to do that, but it also may put the conference games at risk. Baseball is the first sport without a bubble and it is already on the brink of shutting down. So it’s a solid gesture but it’s frankly not worth risking the conference games.

The other thing is what if every ACC team can’t find an OOC opponent. Wagner is off the table, so we are down to the AAC and CUSA. What if both of them either cancel or do conference only? I have no idea what other ACC teams have for out of conference, but what if some teams have that situation and others don’t?

It just seems like more can go wrong than can go right from forcing this extra game.

I get that but two points. Smaller conferences may not have the same testing access and procedures. It’s noble if they want to do that, but it also may put the conference games at risk. Baseball is the first sport without a bubble and it is already on the brink of shutting down. So it’s a solid gesture but it’s frankly not worth risking the conference games.

The other thing is what if every ACC team can’t find an OOC opponent. Wagner is off the table, so we are down to the AAC and CUSA. What if both of them either cancel or do conference only? I have no idea what other ACC teams have for out of conference, but what if some teams have that situation and others don’t?

It just seems like more can go wrong than can go right from forcing this extra game.

I am pretty sure that every non-ACC opponent has to adhere to the ACC protocol in order to be eligible. Which dovetails into your second point, as it will be expensive for these teams to comply. But they will be paid enough for there to be legit ROI.

Just like Miami needs a season this year to stay solvent, the smaller teams live and die by these payouts. It's a necessary lifeline. But I do understand your point. I would just say as much can go wrong playing Pitt as Temple, and if we really want to be honest, if playing a Temple team that complies with the ACC protocol is that dangerous, then we probably shouldn't be playing football at all these season. But we are, solely for money.

As soon as I read his post I said to myself lord please no one ask him what he knows. Let Gator Tears be a Cribby sanctuary place and then the question was asked and you said exactly what I thought - though you said it more intelligently.

There will always be one ****hole that will ask ask ask and try to ruin it. People need to be chill and actually care about the program over leaks. This way we can have nice things!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that every non-ACC opponent has to adhere to the ACC protocol in order to be eligible. Which dovetails into your second point, as it will be expensive for these teams to comply. But they will be paid enough for there to be legit ROI.

Just like Miami needs a season this year to stay solvent, the smaller teams live and die by these payouts. It's a necessary lifeline. But I do understand your point. I would just say as much can go wrong playing Pitt as Temple, and if we really want to be honest, if playing a Temple team that complies with the ACC protocol is that dangerous, then we probably shouldn't be playing football at all these season. But we are, solely for money.

the issue is theyre gonna have to test stringently the entire time even before the game bc they need to field a team that is virus free before our game as well. they just dont have that money. im pretty sure AAC will go conference only as well. itll end up being UAB if acc still proceeds. i think acc will cut the non conf game out since it was in there for the sec games and start 9/26

Advertisement
Back