Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
So I think Mullen gets a lot out of some very mediocre QB's, but that doesn't make him a qb developer. Riley develops QB's. Mullet is just good at getting production out of them at the college level.
Exactly! And I wish someone would tell these turds that he developed them in a gimmicky offense to get production out of them at the college level which is why almost none of them get drafted high because of mullens smoke and mirrors gimmick offense. I mean look at Trash, kid cant complete a pass with any constancy past 10 yards and is basically nothing but an option running QB. Watch SEC d coordinators feast on that kid these year now that they have film. Georgia defense might be the best in college football this year, there that good. This could be the year they blank UF due to there defense being that good, oh and also because they have a dynamic QB this year in that kid from wake forest.

Advertisement
This Gaytor Mullet thread is the perfect example of why Gaytor Tears exists, because the Gaytor fans are so delusional.

In one breath, they argue that Riley should get no credit for development, because he "only" worked with two Heisman Trophy winning QBs for three years. He never got to "handpick" his own QBs. He never had to play "young QBs". He has such high-rated talent.

Meanwhile, poor poor Mullet has been forced to handpick young QBs who are low-ranked, and then work with them for five years.

Except...none of the Mullet myth is true.

Mullet worked at Bowling Green for 2 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet never got to "handpick" and "develop" his own QB. As I pointed out before, Mullet "developed" Josh Harris (a QB he didn't recruit or "handpick") for only 2 years, less time than Riley had with his Heisman winners. Then, when Mullet finally got to "handpick" his own QB (Omar Jacobs), he immediately left Bowling Green for a better job at Utah, thus Mullet never "developed" Jacobs.

Mullet worked at Utah for 2 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet never got to "handpick" Alex Smith, he merely "developed" him for 2 years. Again, less time than Riley had with his 2 Heisman winners.

Mullet worked at UF for 4 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet did not "handpick" 4-star Chris Leak. However, Mullet "handpicked" 5-star Tim Teblow, 5-star Cam Newton, and 4-star John Brantley. Poor, poor Mullet, getting stuck with such horrible talent that he had to transform.

Mullet worked at MSU for 9 years. Now we can analyze a track record that includes BOTH "handpicking" and "developing". Remember, this is the magical time when Mullet transformed a bunch of 2-star QBs into "serviceable" QBs in the SEC-SEC-SEC. Except...never happened. The only consensus 2-star QB that Mullet signed at MSU was named Favre, who was only signed after Mullet whiffed on getting his former "handpicked" 5-star Cam Newton as a JuCo transfer. However, Mullet did sign a bunch of 3-star and 4-star QBs, the only one of which he "developed" into anything decent was Dak Prescott. Many of the others transferred out of MSU.

And now Mullet has been at UF for 2+ years. He didn't "handpick" 4-star Franks. He didn't "handpick" 3-star Trash. He did handpick 4-star Emory Jones. He did handpick 3-star *** offender Jalon Jones. And he handpicked 4-star Anthony Richardson. So far, no draft picks. It could still happen, though.

So, to summarize, the Myth of Mullet Da Gawd Who Handpicks AND Develops For Five Years is just a load of crap. Gaytor fans who are SO desperate to slag Riley for "only" working with transfer QBs who he turns into Heisman winners in 3 years are busy deifying a guy for spending 2 years at Bowling Green, 2 years at Utah, 4 years at UF (where he developed, really, only Teblow), 9 years at MSU (where he developed, really, only Prescott), and now 2 years at UF (where he has developed no one yet).

Yeah, Mullet is better than Riley...only in the minds of Gaytor homers.

Exactly! And I wish someone would tell these turds that he developed them in a gimmicky offense to get production out of them at the college level which is why almost none of them get drafted high because of mullens smoke and mirrors gimmick offense. I mean look at Trash, kid cant complete a pass with any constancy past 10 yards and is basically nothing but an option running QB. Watch SEC d coordinators feast on that kid these year now that they have film. Georgia defense might be the best in college football this year, there that good. This could be the year they blank UF due to there defense being that good, oh and also because they have a dynamic QB this year in that kid from wake forest.

To keep harping on my original point, there is nothing wrong with that. I would love if we employed a system that would help our qb's and overall offensive production and hopefully now we do. To call mullet some kind of qb savant though is just too much. Anyways, thats enough praise from me. Eff the gates.

This Gaytor Mullet thread is the perfect example of why Gaytor Tears exists, because the Gaytor fans are so delusional.

In one breath, they argue that Riley should get no credit for development, because he "only" worked with two Heisman Trophy winning QBs for three years. He never got to "handpick" his own QBs. He never had to play "young QBs". He has such high-rated talent.

Meanwhile, poor poor Mullet has been forced to handpick young QBs who are low-ranked, and then work with them for five years.

Except...none of the Mullet myth is true.

Mullet worked at Bowling Green for 2 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet never got to "handpick" and "develop" his own QB. As I pointed out before, Mullet "developed" Josh Harris (a QB he didn't recruit or "handpick") for only 2 years, less time than Riley had with his Heisman winners. Then, when Mullet finally got to "handpick" his own QB (Omar Jacobs), he immediately left Bowling Green for a better job at Utah, thus Mullet never "developed" Jacobs.

Mullet worked at Utah for 2 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet never got to "handpick" Alex Smith, he merely "developed" him for 2 years. Again, less time than Riley had with his 2 Heisman winners.

Mullet worked at UF for 4 years UNDER URBAN MEYER. Mullet did not "handpick" 4-star Chris Leak. However, Mullet "handpicked" 5-star Tim Teblow, 5-star Cam Newton, and 4-star John Brantley. Poor, poor Mullet, getting stuck with such horrible talent that he had to transform.

Mullet worked at MSU for 9 years. Now we can analyze a track record that includes BOTH "handpicking" and "developing". Remember, this is the magical time when Mullet transformed a bunch of 2-star QBs into "serviceable" QBs in the SEC-SEC-SEC. Except...never happened. The only consensus 2-star QB that Mullet signed at MSU was named Favre, who was only signed after Mullet whiffed on getting his former "handpicked" 5-star Cam Newton as a JuCo transfer. However, Mullet did sign a bunch of 3-star and 4-star QBs, the only one of which he "developed" into anything decent was Dak Prescott. Many of the others transferred out of MSU.

And now Mullet has been at UF for 2+ years. He didn't "handpick" 4-star Franks. He didn't "handpick" 3-star Trash. He did handpick 4-star Emory Jones. He did handpick 3-star *** offender Jalon Jones. And he handpicked 4-star Anthony Richardson. So far, no draft picks. It could still happen, though.

So, to summarize, the Myth of Mullet Da Gawd Who Handpicks AND Develops For Five Years is just a load of crap. Gaytor fans who are SO desperate to slag Riley for "only" working with transfer QBs who he turns into Heisman winners in 3 years are busy deifying a guy for spending 2 years at Bowling Green, 2 years at Utah, 4 years at UF (where he developed, really, only Teblow), 9 years at MSU (where he developed, really, only Prescott), and now 2 years at UF (where he has developed no one yet).

Yeah, Mullet is better than Riley...only in the minds of Gaytor homers.
They’re criticizing Riley for only having his 2 Heisman winning overall 1st picks for 3 years yet giving Mullet credit for Alex Smith who he had for less time than that.

Advertisement
I love coming here and reading how deranged they are but they are getting to the point of unbearable. How the **** is Dak a top 5 QB when he maybe 3rd in his own division. Guy plays behind an all star line with all star WR and RB still cant win his division.

Wow I’m much dumber for reading that. The guy with two Heisman winners and two #1 overall
Picks back to back and throw in a second rounder also is not as good as mullet. In what universe. And is mullet even #2? Don’t think so I’d give the edge to Brandon streeter at Clemson. Guy gets it done.

Wow I’m much dumber for reading that. The guy with two Heisman winners and two #1 overall
Picks back to back and throw in a second rounder also is not as good as mullet. In what universe. And is mullet even #2? Don’t think so I’d give the edge to Brandon streeter at Clemson. Guy gets it done.
They’ll say Fields had success at Ohio State bc he left the SEC.

Advertisement
And so it begins. Anyone with VIP - what is Alderman is saying?

164E1DA0-DF41-4E60-BE29-ACEA011D816C.jpeg
01A64A64-A62E-49B3-84A1-3E103B3C5BF0.jpeg
3CE2E8A1-2AAB-47FB-A64B-675C9F768789.jpeg
FB339294-43C6-4521-923C-4AA70FA2BCA0.jpeg
5BDBDD46-CC01-4141-8A1B-43EB4FE67779.jpeg
5D748BC9-E47C-4821-A431-4AA11D340E2E.jpeg
C1118D42-8BA0-410E-B0D2-30DFB033EE88.jpeg

I think this is the reaction they’re having from the reality of us being in it for guys like James Williams and the Palmetto kids and they don’t want to believe that they’re gonna whiff there with the exception of Collins if they want him.

Advertisement
I am not going to try to assign percentages to recruiting, development, and scheme when it comes to Riley's QBs, but clearly all three are working. This isn't to say Mullet has been poor by any means, but he lags in all three departments when compared to the current best. That much should be fairly obvious.

Advertisement
Back