Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
A young autistic kid my girls know, and my 12 year old is really fond of, got hit by a car and died back home and they got the text today so my young one is really distraught and I’m trying to manage that here. My 16 year old is colder and more clinical so she makes it worse when she talks.

I’m taking them on a street food/street art tour today so I hope that distracts her a little bit. I didn’t know the kid and I’m trying to deal myself as I see how hurt my kid is and then I think about the family and can’t imagine. I tried to tell her that it’s good that he’s being remembered as a very kind kid so that’s a good thing and you never know when in life.

Anyhow... sorry for the off topic rant. Puts shît in perspective.

Hey man been in Destin and just saw this.
Prayers go to that poor family but also to Your girls who have to try and cope with this at such a young age.

Go spend some time with them while they figure out how to deal with this.Tears will be here ( albeit not as well as when you’re leading us) when you’re finished doing daddy duty.

Take care and know we are all here for you and the family.

Advertisement

The answer is no.

I love the smell of desperation in these Gaytor articles.

The kid JUST CHOSE Alabama. But because he did a retarded "Gaytor chop" in a photo at some point in his life, they are firing up the Gaytor Flipz Machine. Oh, he went to "Friday Night Bites" (which was planned before he committed to Alabama). Oh, and he "worked out for the Gaytor coaches, unlike other ungrateful recruits who therefore are "not takes" and thus are not Gaytor losses".

The kid chose ALA-FRIGGIN-BAMA, and he's going to camps and taking visits, and the desperate Gaytors think they are going to pry a kid away from Saban, when they can't even score any recruiting wins over the Saban Jr. twins (Kirby and Dabo).

Advertisement
Off the top of your head how many players have we flipped from the gators? Or how many important recruiting battles have we beaten them compared to them beating us for legit players we both wanted.

The issue is not whether we have flipped Gaytor verbals, the issue is whether the Gaytors have flipped Miami verbals.

So let's give full and fair disclosure on everything. It's hard to say what the score is on "players we both wanted". Everyone is going to have a different story on whether a kid was a "take", or had a "committable offer", or if a school "backed off".

From the standpoint of official UF decommits that later chose Miami (and in the same timeframe as the article), we only have Nigel Bethel, who took about 6 weeks to choose Miami after decommitting from UF. So, by my working definition, NOT a flip.

The bigger problem is that from the 2015 class up through the 2020 class (thus far), Miami has had 88 decommits, while UiF has had 61. Some of these decommits (at both schools) ultimately chose to recommit. More telling, though, is that for this 6-year class-window, Miami has had more decommits than UiF in every year except one (Class of 2018), when we had a seemingly secure Richt and UiF had the shark-fvcker.

There is an important issue and a "who-cares" issue here. First, we have to look at what is going on with decommits, particularly with SoFla kids, which I believe impacts Miami more heavily, even when we seem to have a secure head coach. And in a not-so-shocking "who cares" analysis, yes, if Miami has more decommits, then STATISTICALLY speaking, some of them are going to choose UiF. Or F$U. Or Clemson. Or Alabama. Or Georgia.

So if anyone cares to look at our 88 decommits, we could try to figure out how many chose those other big schools in the southeast. Because then you could argue that all of these other schools have a "history" of "stealing" Miami recruits.

I'd like to see Manny get us back to single-digit decommits in any given year. That's fairly straightforward.

And, yes, decommits DO end up choosing another school. Big deal. Several chose UiF. Only 7 Gaytor Flipz in 6 years. That's 7 more than I would prefer, but it makes the Gaytors fans feel all warm and fuzzy at night.

Let's see how they feel when they go to sleep on August 24th.

The issue is not whether we have flipped Gaytor verbals, the issue is whether the Gaytors have flipped Miami verbals.

So let's give full and fair disclosure on everything. It's hard to say what the score is on "players we both wanted". Everyone is going to have a different story on whether a kid was a "take", or had a "committable offer", or if a school "backed off".

From the standpoint of official UF decommits that later chose Miami (and in the same timeframe as the article), we only have Nigel Bethel, who took about 6 weeks to choose Miami after decommitting from UF. So, by my working definition, NOT a flip.

The bigger problem is that from the 2015 class up through the 2020 class (thus far), Miami has had 88 decommits, while UiF has had 61. Some of these decommits (at both schools) ultimately chose to recommit. More telling, though, is that for this 6-year class-window, Miami has had more decommits than UiF in every year except one (Class of 2018), when we had a seemingly secure Richt and UiF had the shark-fvcker.

There is an important issue and a "who-cares" issue here. First, we have to look at what is going on with decommits, particularly with SoFla kids, which I believe impacts Miami more heavily, even when we seem to have a secure head coach. And in a not-so-shocking "who cares" analysis, yes, if Miami has more decommits, then STATISTICALLY speaking, some of them are going to choose UiF. Or F$U. Or Clemson. Or Alabama. Or Georgia.

So if anyone cares to look at our 88 decommits, we could try to figure out how many chose those other big schools in the southeast. Because then you could argue that all of these other schools have a "history" of "stealing" Miami recruits.

I'd like to see Manny get us back to single-digit decommits in any given year. That's fairly straightforward.

And, yes, decommits DO end up choosing another school. Big deal. Several chose UiF. Only 7 Gaytor Flipz in 6 years. That's 7 more than I would prefer, but it makes the Gaytors fans feel all warm and fuzzy at night.

Let's see how they feel when they go to sleep on August 24th.

Like you said a lot of flips to the gators were when our program was in turmoil with golden or Richt when they were ****ting the bed. Our offense and punting game last year was laughable and seemed Richt thought it would just fix itself.

I think you highlighted on your first post how most of our decommitments are coming from south Florida kids who commit early then start getting hype going into their senior year. I think manny building a Miami type of culture and holding kids accountable in the city should improve this problem. We need success on the field and the decommitments should become fewer and further between. I don’t know the bag game, I’m sure we have one, but some of the southern school offer the win and money it is hard to beat.

Advertisement
Like you said a lot of flips to the gators were when our program was in turmoil with golden or Richt when they were ****ting the bed. Our offense and punting game last year was laughable and seemed Richt thought it would just fix itself.

I think you highlighted on your first post how most of our decommitments are coming from south Florida kids who commit early then start getting hype going into their senior year. I think manny building a Miami type of culture and holding kids accountable in the city should improve this problem. We need success on the field and the decommitments should become fewer and further between. I don’t know the bag game, I’m sure we have one, but some of the southern school offer the win and money it is hard to beat.

There is something in your post that should be noted.

Miami's biggest "got into trouble with the NCAA" issues have NOT involved recruiting, they have involved things that happened once kids had already chosen Miami.

There has NEVER been an NCAA allegation that said "Player X chose Miami because of 'big hit bounties' or 'Pell Grant money' or 'VIP status at the club'". Miami's NCAA issues have arisen outside of the "paid a recruit to come to Miami" zone.

Keep that in mind. Miami has NEVER been in the bag game. Ever. Miami is a big city, I'm sure that our student-athletes will eventually run into someone who will be extra-nice to them because they are UM players. But I cannot EVER remember a rumor, story, or NCAA allegation that mentioned our alums/boosters giving out money, no-show jobs, or any other benefit as an inducement for players to choose Miami on National Signing Day.

Anyone following Gator Camp (probably no one) any word on injuries for them. I’m hoping they have a few important pieces getting hurt 🤷🏻‍♂️

I dont because I don't want to hear the excuses although you know they will have about 50 of them when they lose to us

A young autistic kid my girls know, and my 12 year old is really fond of, got hit by a car and died back home and they got the text today so my young one is really distraught and I’m trying to manage that here. My 16 year old is colder and more clinical so she makes it worse when she talks.

I’m taking them on a street food/street art tour today so I hope that distracts her a little bit. I didn’t know the kid and I’m trying to deal myself as I see how hurt my kid is and then I think about the family and can’t imagine. I tried to tell her that it’s good that he’s being remembered as a very kind kid so that’s a good thing and you never know when in life.

Damm that’s terrible. Prayers out to the child, their family and your girls. Hope you are able to comfort them during this terrible situation.

Advertisement
There is something in your post that should be noted.

Miami's biggest "got into trouble with the NCAA" issues have NOT involved recruiting, they have involved things that happened once kids had already chosen Miami.

There has NEVER been an NCAA allegation that said "Player X chose Miami because of 'big hit bounties' or 'Pell Grant money' or 'VIP status at the club'". Miami's NCAA issues have arisen outside of the "paid a recruit to come to Miami" zone.

Keep that in mind. Miami has NEVER been in the bag game. Ever. Miami is a big city, I'm sure that our student-athletes will eventually run into someone who will be extra-nice to them because they are UM players. But I cannot EVER remember a rumor, story, or NCAA allegation that mentioned our alums/boosters giving out money, no-show jobs, or any other benefit as an inducement for players to choose Miami on National Signing Day.

If we are not involved in this when I know for a fact other schools(Clemson, Georgia, bama) do pay then we are in big trouble. Unfortunetly not every player comes from a great background and the life changing money some of these programs offer can’t be turned down. But yes outside of the ncaa story about nevin Shapiro and the parties and bounties I have never heard of one of our players getting paid.

If we are not involved in this when I know for a fact other schools(Clemson, Georgia, bama) do pay then we are in big trouble. Unfortunetly not every player comes from a great background and the life changing money some of these programs offer can’t be turned down. But yes outside of the ncaa story about nevin Shapiro and the parties and bounties I have never heard of one of our players getting paid.

Plenty of poor families don't take the money. That's not a judgement, it's just a warning against equating every "poor family" with people who take bags. The money CAN be turned down.

Fortunately, we are only talking about a handful of, say, Top 100 kids that command the bigger numbers. I'm sure some of the others get paid too, but by the time you get down to 3-stars, there's not a lot of "life changing money" floating around.

Most of this stuff is not "life changing" anyhow. Life improving, for a short time, yes.

Man, that's rough. I think you are doing the right things with your kids to try and help distract. Good luck with everything and so sorry for all involved.

Advertisement
Back