Tears Gator Tears

The transformation on the O-line is legitimate

It didn't take long out at practice to be willing to give a major cap tip to director of strength and conditioning Nick Savage. It was pretty readily apparent which of the freshman offensive linemen were early enrollees.

FIRST, THESE ARE GAYTOR PLAYERS WHO ARE UNLIKELY TO PLAY VS. UM (EXCEPT IN THE SECOND HALF, WHEN THEY ARE WINNING BY 40). AND GAYTOR FANS RIP US FOR POSSIBLY STARTING ZION.

The Gators need at least a handful of a five-man signing class on the O-line to pan out early, and based on sheer physical appearance and movement it now looks like that might be possible.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UNIT OF MEASUREMENT FOR THE ******** GAYTOR FANS. AND SPEAKING OF ******** MATERIAL, BASED SOLELY ON PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, GOLDKAMP HAS COME TO A HIGHLY CERTAIN CONCLUSION.

Early on in the stretching and warm-up sessions, it was very apparent how much work a handful of the freshmen have put in in the weight room.

TOLD YOU.

Right tackle Michael Tarquin was pretty underdeveloped in his upper body this spring but now appears very well-balanced in terms of his frame. He looked significantly bulked up in the arms and chest, to the point that he now looks like a capable tackle physically.

HIGH PRAISE. TARQUIN WILL ONLY GET INTO THE UM GAME DURING THE SECOND-HALF GARBAGE TIME, THOUGH. CONGRATS TO TARQUIN FOR DOING THOSE "I MUST, I MUST, I MUST IMPROVE MY BUST" EXERCISES.

It was similar story with right guard William Harrod, who also was quite lean in the upper body this spring. Harrod has had one of the most impressive physical turnarounds on the team in just a few short months, really filling out his frame across the board. He looks the part of a college guard now.

AND, REALLY, THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT, LOOKS. LOOK GOOD, PLAY GOOD, THAT'S WHAT THE GAYTORS ALWAYS SAY. ANOTHER GUY WHO WILL ONLY GET REPS ONCE THE GAYTORS ARE UP BY 40, WHICH MEANS HE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST LATE INTO THE SECOND QUARTER.

But the most impressive change had to belong to guard/tackle Ethan White. White came in topping the scales at more than 400 pounds. He has easily lost at least 50 pounds, to our eye. If you hadn't seen the before pictures, you'd probably say something to the effect of, 'Wow, that guy looks great for a freshman.'

SO HE WENT FROM "FAT GUY IN A LITTLE COAT" TO "ONLY" 350 POUNDS. HOW IMPRESSIVE. HE SHOULD BE ANOTHER SECOND-HALF STAR FOR THE DOMINANT FIRST-HALF GAYTORS.

While there's going to be plenty of work for those players to do still to be ready to actually play at the college level, they look miles and miles closer to actually contributing now than they did just a little more than three months ago when spring ball ended. It's hard to overstate the differences physically.

TALK ABOUT MOVING THE GOALPOSTS, GOLDKAMP WENT FROM "O-LINE TRANSFORMATION IS LEGITIMATE" (FOR A "HANDFUL" OF TRUE FRESHMAN OLS) TO "WELL, THEY'RE GONNA NEED A LOT MORE WORK BEFORE THEY ARE READY TO PLAY" IN JUST THE SPAN OF A FEW PARAGRAPHS. GOLDKAMP IS A HERO TO ALL OF THE ON-THE-LEDGE GAYTOR FANS WHO JUST NEEDED A FEW POSITIVE WORDS TO JUMP TO INSANE DELUSIONAL CONCLUSIONS ABOUT HOW GREAT THEIR TEAM IS.

Florida's got some elite athletes away from the trenches

I JUST LOVE THE HEADLINE SO MUCH THAT I HAD TO SHARE IT. NO ELITE ATHLETES IN THE TRENCHES FOR THE GAYTORS.

Other News & Notes

-- In terms of who lined up where on the offensive line, the first day was pretty consistent with the spring. The first-team O-line from left to right was: Stone Forsythe, Brett Heggie, Nick Buchanan, Chris Bleich and Jean Delance. Bleich looked notably leaner and seemed to be moving better than he did in the spring.

GOLDKAMP RAVED ABOUT THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE TRUE FRESHMEN, BUT THE ONLY NICE THING HE CAN SAY ABOUT THE STARTERS IS THAT ONE OF THEM LOOKED NOTABLY LEANER.

-- Freshman offensive lineman Riley Simonds repped at both guard and tackle in individual drills. Meanwhile, redshirt freshman Griffin McDowell, who missed spring with an injury following a scooter accident, repped mostly at left guard in individual drills. McDowell appears to have added back some upper body mass.

AGAIN WITH THE NON-STARTER FRESHMEN. GOOD LORD, I WAS STARTING TO GET WORRIED THAT THE GAYTORS WILL FIELD AN ALL-FRESHMEN OFFENSIVE LINE FULL OF LEAN GUYS WITH WELL-DEVELOPED BUSTLINES.

Here are a few other fun facts:

-- Quarterbacks focused on a ball security drill during one individual period, tucking the ball with two hands as they hit the ground face first. They later worked with running backs on exchanges in the run game, then transitioned into throwing a few passes out of the backfield. There wasn't much to note from the group overall. Freshman running back Nay'Quan Wright is the smallest running back in the group. He didn't particularly stand out as an explosive runner or cutter, which was the book on him coming in. He's best known for his vision and constantly making things happen despite having jump-off-the-page athleticism. It will be interesting to see how that translates in the coming practices.

-- In individual drills, the receivers worked with a Jugs machine at one point. The veterans seemed to make the drill old hat, catching virtually everything thrown at them. Joshua Hammond, in particular, continues to display some of the softest hands on the team. A few struggled, though. Toney had at least four drops, including at least one that hit him square in the hands. That was an issue for him in the spring and something he'll need to continue to work on. Meanwhile, both freshmen had drops. Dionte Marks seemed a bit surprised at how quicky the ball came into him off the Jugs machine, twice taking balls off the helmet. Fellow freshman Ja'Markis Weston also had a drop. Weston has a pretty lean frame, something that stood out against the more physically refined veterans.

-- Nickelback John Huggins was not at Friday's practice and is not expected to practice this weekend. UF officials said that Huggins was dealing with a family issue. Starting safety Jeawon Taylor practiced Friday morning in a red non-contact jersey.

Advertisement
Does anyone notice anything GLARING about this Goldkamp article (and headline) about "OL development clear" and "transformation on the O-line is legitimate"?

I'm just curious if anyone else sees it...

Yeah it's a complete fluff piece. I wouldn't be surprised if they are told to write positive articles to not give away anything

I love the shots at Enos. His teams at Arkansas vs miss state(mullet) dropped 50, 58, and 21(vs grantham with a very bad Arkansas roster)going 1-2. They also beat the gators the one time they played dropping 31 points in 2016. These were not good Arkansas teams with the only player I’ve ever heard of on offense being Alex Collins in 2015.

He then was a god send at Bama and left nick Saban at the alter to come to Miami. How delusional are these gators fans?

Whoops, I missed a GOLDkamp NUGGET about our old buddy Turdbarrel:

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (64785)
  • 100 months
5 hours agovia Mobile
Slaton looks like he’s slimmed about 20 pounds. Looks fit. Pierre is a bowling ball. Burney seems to have added a few pounds.

Advertisement
They just keep stroking each other. How does this guy conclude that the OL has so much "experience"? And then Goldkamp agrees with him.

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (64785)
  • 100 months
3 hours ago

pogfee said... (original post)
That's the thing a lot of people are missing about our OL, the guys we have may not have been starters but we have some experience.
I've been saying that for a while. I think if no one gets hurt, UF's ceiling as a team is higher than most people think.

They just keep stroking each other. How does this guy conclude that the OL has so much "experience"? And then Goldkamp agrees with him.

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (64785)
  • 100 months
3 hours ago

I've been saying that for a while. I think if no one gets hurt, UF's ceiling as a team is higher than most people think.

That dude would shoot himself before he actually kept it real about that team. He is always sugercoating shiiit

Thomas Goldkamp
  • (64785)
  • 100 months
3 hours ago

They are five star bench warmers.

Just being on the team doesn't make you experienced. Actually playing gives you experience.

Advertisement
The transformation on the O-line is legitimate

It didn't take long out at practice to be willing to give a major cap tip to director of strength and conditioning Nick Savage. It was pretty readily apparent which of the freshman offensive linemen were early enrollees.

FIRST, THESE ARE GAYTOR PLAYERS WHO ARE UNLIKELY TO PLAY VS. UM (EXCEPT IN THE SECOND HALF, WHEN THEY ARE WINNING BY 40). AND GAYTOR FANS RIP US FOR POSSIBLY STARTING ZION.

The Gators need at least a handful of a five-man signing class on the O-line to pan out early, and based on sheer physical appearance and movement it now looks like that might be possible.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UNIT OF MEASUREMENT FOR THE ******** GAYTOR FANS. AND SPEAKING OF ******** MATERIAL, BASED SOLELY ON PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, GOLDKAMP HAS COME TO A HIGHLY CERTAIN CONCLUSION.

Early on in the stretching and warm-up sessions, it was very apparent how much work a handful of the freshmen have put in in the weight room.

TOLD YOU.

Right tackle Michael Tarquin was pretty underdeveloped in his upper body this spring but now appears very well-balanced in terms of his frame. He looked significantly bulked up in the arms and chest, to the point that he now looks like a capable tackle physically.

HIGH PRAISE. TARQUIN WILL ONLY GET INTO THE UM GAME DURING THE SECOND-HALF GARBAGE TIME, THOUGH. CONGRATS TO TARQUIN FOR DOING THOSE "I MUST, I MUST, I MUST IMPROVE MY BUST" EXERCISES.

It was similar story with right guard William Harrod, who also was quite lean in the upper body this spring. Harrod has had one of the most impressive physical turnarounds on the team in just a few short months, really filling out his frame across the board. He looks the part of a college guard now.

AND, REALLY, THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT, LOOKS. LOOK GOOD, PLAY GOOD, THAT'S WHAT THE GAYTORS ALWAYS SAY. ANOTHER GUY WHO WILL ONLY GET REPS ONCE THE GAYTORS ARE UP BY 40, WHICH MEANS HE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST LATE INTO THE SECOND QUARTER.

But the most impressive change had to belong to guard/tackle Ethan White. White came in topping the scales at more than 400 pounds. He has easily lost at least 50 pounds, to our eye. If you hadn't seen the before pictures, you'd probably say something to the effect of, 'Wow, that guy looks great for a freshman.'

SO HE WENT FROM "FAT GUY IN A LITTLE COAT" TO "ONLY" 350 POUNDS. HOW IMPRESSIVE. HE SHOULD BE ANOTHER SECOND-HALF STAR FOR THE DOMINANT FIRST-HALF GAYTORS.

While there's going to be plenty of work for those players to do still to be ready to actually play at the college level, they look miles and miles closer to actually contributing now than they did just a little more than three months ago when spring ball ended. It's hard to overstate the differences physically.

TALK ABOUT MOVING THE GOALPOSTS, GOLDKAMP WENT FROM "O-LINE TRANSFORMATION IS LEGITIMATE" (FOR A "HANDFUL" OF TRUE FRESHMAN OLS) TO "WELL, THEY'RE GONNA NEED A LOT MORE WORK BEFORE THEY ARE READY TO PLAY" IN JUST THE SPAN OF A FEW PARAGRAPHS. GOLDKAMP IS A HERO TO ALL OF THE ON-THE-LEDGE GAYTOR FANS WHO JUST NEEDED A FEW POSITIVE WORDS TO JUMP TO INSANE DELUSIONAL CONCLUSIONS ABOUT HOW GREAT THEIR TEAM IS.

Florida's got some elite athletes away from the trenches

I JUST LOVE THE HEADLINE SO MUCH THAT I HAD TO SHARE IT. NO ELITE ATHLETES IN THE TRENCHES FOR THE GAYTORS.

Other News & Notes

-- In terms of who lined up where on the offensive line, the first day was pretty consistent with the spring. The first-team O-line from left to right was: Stone Forsythe, Brett Heggie, Nick Buchanan, Chris Bleich and Jean Delance. Bleich looked notably leaner and seemed to be moving better than he did in the spring.

GOLDKAMP RAVED ABOUT THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE TRUE FRESHMEN, BUT THE ONLY NICE THING HE CAN SAY ABOUT THE STARTERS IS THAT ONE OF THEM LOOKED NOTABLY LEANER.

-- Freshman offensive lineman Riley Simonds repped at both guard and tackle in individual drills. Meanwhile, redshirt freshman Griffin McDowell, who missed spring with an injury following a scooter accident, repped mostly at left guard in individual drills. McDowell appears to have added back some upper body mass.

AGAIN WITH THE NON-STARTER FRESHMEN. GOOD LORD, I WAS STARTING TO GET WORRIED THAT THE GAYTORS WILL FIELD AN ALL-FRESHMEN OFFENSIVE LINE FULL OF LEAN GUYS WITH WELL-DEVELOPED BUSTLINES.

Here are a few other fun facts:

-- Quarterbacks focused on a ball security drill during one individual period, tucking the ball with two hands as they hit the ground face first. They later worked with running backs on exchanges in the run game, then transitioned into throwing a few passes out of the backfield. There wasn't much to note from the group overall. Freshman running back Nay'Quan Wright is the smallest running back in the group. He didn't particularly stand out as an explosive runner or cutter, which was the book on him coming in. He's best known for his vision and constantly making things happen despite having jump-off-the-page athleticism. It will be interesting to see how that translates in the coming practices.

-- In individual drills, the receivers worked with a Jugs machine at one point. The veterans seemed to make the drill old hat, catching virtually everything thrown at them. Joshua Hammond, in particular, continues to display some of the softest hands on the team. A few struggled, though. Toney had at least four drops, including at least one that hit him square in the hands. That was an issue for him in the spring and something he'll need to continue to work on. Meanwhile, both freshmen had drops. Dionte Marks seemed a bit surprised at how quicky the ball came into him off the Jugs machine, twice taking balls off the helmet. Fellow freshman Ja'Markis Weston also had a drop. Weston has a pretty lean frame, something that stood out against the more physically refined veterans.

-- Nickelback John Huggins was not at Friday's practice and is not expected to practice this weekend. UF officials said that Huggins was dealing with a family issue. Starting safety Jeawon Taylor practiced Friday morning in a red non-contact jersey.

Thomas Goldkunt is a racist POS..he’s the tard that constantly uses the “5 rangz” insult in his posts/articles. I look forward to personally confronting him soon, preferably in front of his colleagues. Promise you his bladder will empty.

Advertisement
I could never coach.

'Cause if I did - I'd tell the team, "That first play - someone go knock the QB's head OFF - personal foul and all - even if he handed it off."

Get in that SOB's head - immediately.

And maybe do it the second play too. Thirty yards in penalties - but one loopy, irritated, nervous QB the rest of the game.

When I played pee wee ball my Uncle was my coach and every game we would take a 15 yard personal call. When the qb would say ready everyone ran to the line, when he said set everyone went across the line and rocked everyone. It was to scare the crap out of the qb. Not many wanted to get back under center thinking it was coming again

When I played pee wee ball my Uncle was my coach and every game we would take a 15 yard personal call. When the qb would say ready everyone ran to the line, when he said set everyone went across the line and rocked everyone. It was to scare the crap out of the qb. Not many wanted to get back under center thinking it was coming again

'Zactly!

When Gaytor fans try to lie to you and tell you that Miami is not as talented, and doesn't have any edges against UF:

2019 Butkus Watch List (best LB), 51 players on the list, Miami has 2, Gaytors have 0
2019 Mackey Watch List (best TE), 60 players on the list, Miami has 1, Gaytors have 0
2019 Biletnikoff Watch List (best WR), 50 players on the list, Miami has 1, Gaytors have 0
2019 Outland Watch List (best OL/DL), 83 players on the list, Miami has 1 (an OL!!!), Gaytors have 0
2019 Thorpe Watch List (best DB), 46 players on the list, Miami has 1, Gaytors have 1 (but, but, but DBU)

Gaytors have the edge (1-0) in the following watch list categories:

Groza (best K, 30 on the list, but this will not matter in the game, as Gaytors will be up 40 by halftime vs. UM)
Guy (best P, 26 on the list, but this will not matter as Gaytors will never have to punt vs. UM, while Miami has a brand new P)
Rimington (best C, 81 on the list, basically every returning starter in D1)
O'Brien (best QB, 30 on the list, Miami will have a brand new starting QB)
Walker (best RB, 71 on the list, basically every returning starter in D1, Miami will have a brand new starting RB)

So, Miami has the edge in all of the categories where there are multiple players, while the Gaytor has the edge in all of the categories with 1 starter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thomas Goldkunt is a racist POS..he’s the tard that constantly uses the “5 rangz” insult in his posts/articles. I look forward to personally confronting him soon, preferably in front of his colleagues. Promise you his bladder will empty.

He got called out by one of their WR for what he said on twitter about his hamstring and being injured. When the player called him out he walked it back.

WTF did he even say there?
He said: "Wild Bill" Hickok & his boy “Mousee” donkey punched and DP’d my mammy in the back of a stage coach.
Making him the ‘wagon master’ and me the countriest squirt of lawnman nut on the planet.
1564181099846.gif

Gayturd fans are like a box of chocolates ...you never know what delusional sHT will come out of their mouths next.

They are ,without a doubt,the most delusional bunch of ******** that has ever rooted for ANY sports team.

I know you like to back your team to the enth degree but **** when you just toss all facts aside an insert some contrived nonsense you’ve dreamed up in your head instead the word delusional just doesn’t cut it.

Their stupidity has to come from the fact they were conceived through incest.

This thread will most likely go on to be one of if not the biggest thread ever started.The fact that it continues to be fueled by the delusion that is the UFAG fan is all you have to know when speaking about the gutterville gaytors.

Advertisement
Back