Tears Gator Tears

This is from a post I had last week, with their projections of who's going to start.
  1. LT - Stone Forsythe (RS JR, 6' 7", 323 lbs): Started 2 games in 2017 and 1 game in 2018. Played in 13 games in 2018 as a backup at guard and tackle, with some special teams duty. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  2. LG - Brett Heggie (RS JR, 6' 4", 314 lbs): Was redshirted in 2016. Played in 8 games in 2017, started in 7, before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Played in 9 games last year at LG and RG, but dealt with injuries all year long. 3-Star OC recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  3. OC - Nick Buchanan (RS SR, 6' 3", 291 lbs): Was redshirted in 2015. Played 2 games as a backup in 2016, and appeared in 1 game as a backup in 2017. Played a lot in 2018, and started in 12 games at OC. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  4. RG - Chris Bleich (RS FR, 6' 6", 321 lbs): Played in 4 games as a reserve OL in 2018 (CSU, Colorado St., Idaho, UM). 3-Star OT initially recruited by Jim McElwain's staff but ultimately signed by then-new HC Dan Mullen.
  5. RT - Jean Delance (RS JR, 6' 4", 313 lbs): Transferred from Texas to UF in 2016. Played 2 games at Texas, and played 4 games (CSU, FSU, Idaho, and UM) during the 2018 season. 4-Star OT that transferred from Texas to UF in 2016.
Minus Nick Buchanan, they're basically career reserve guys that finally have a chance to break into the starting rotation because they more talented guys ahead of them for years are gone. They definitely have a **** of an offensive line coach, but I have doubts they can keep it all together against our front 7 on 8/24. It's a huge mismatch, and their OL looked terrible in the spring.

Also, their projected LG has had injury issues his entire career (I wish him the best, but those type of issues can be aggravated in fall camp). None of the other players, minus Buchanan, have played any really significant snaps. They also have a lower ceiling than their 2018 line, being that most were 3-Star recruits.

That's just awful. I won't sit here and pretend size is everything, but they don't exactly scream power run game.

Advertisement
It's always the same thing with these guys. They go from the most aggressive trash talkers pregame/first quarter to people that don't seem to understand the language they'd previously been trash-talking in by the end of the game. I was in school at the time, and all the Gator fans were talking mad garbage in the weeks and days before the game. When we all came back that Monday after the game, they all acted as if the game had never happened. Once their season tanked, and we were a Top 10 team, they started using the excuse that a "Top 10 ranked Miami team needed 5 turnovers to beat the worst Florida team in 30 years" blah blah blah. If you brought up the fact that they were a top 10 team when they played us and that they had no injuries, they'd momentarily act as if they couldn't comprehend the English language.

I have no doubt they'll do the same if they lose on 8/24. Not counting my chickens before they hatch, it'll be a dogfight, but beating them would be a season highlight no doubt.

That’s exactly why all the people that are saying “let’s play them at their best” are misguided. It doesn’t matter what condition we beat them in they’ll still talk about how “they beat themselves”. I hope they have to suspend everyone and we run up the score anyway

This is from a post I had last week, with their projections of who's going to start.
  1. LT - Stone Forsythe (RS JR, 6' 7", 323 lbs): Started 2 games in 2017 and 1 game in 2018. Played in 13 games in 2018 as a backup at guard and tackle, with some special teams duty. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  2. LG - Brett Heggie (RS JR, 6' 4", 314 lbs): Was redshirted in 2016. Played in 8 games in 2017, started in 7, before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Played in 9 games last year at LG and RG, but dealt with injuries all year long. 3-Star OC recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  3. OC - Nick Buchanan (RS SR, 6' 3", 291 lbs): Was redshirted in 2015. Played 2 games as a backup in 2016, and appeared in 1 game as a backup in 2017. Played a lot in 2018, and started in 12 games at OC. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  4. RG - Chris Bleich (RS FR, 6' 6", 321 lbs): Played in 4 games as a reserve OL in 2018 (CSU, Colorado St., Idaho, UM). 3-Star OT initially recruited by Jim McElwain's staff but ultimately signed by then-new HC Dan Mullen.
  5. RT - Jean Delance (RS JR, 6' 4", 313 lbs): Transferred from Texas to UF in 2016. Played 2 games at Texas, and played 4 games (CSU, FSU, Idaho, and UM) during the 2018 season. 4-Star OT that transferred from Texas to UF in 2016.
Minus Nick Buchanan, they're basically career reserve guys that finally have a chance to break into the starting rotation because they more talented guys ahead of them for years are gone. They definitely have a **** of an offensive line coach, but I have doubts they can keep it all together against our front 7 on 8/24. It's a huge mismatch, and their OL looked terrible in the spring.

Also, their projected LG has had injury issues his entire career (I wish him the best, but those type of issues can be aggravated in fall camp). None of the other players, minus Buchanan, have played any really significant snaps. They also have a lower ceiling than their 2018 line, being that most were 3-Star recruits.

Excellent analysis, particularly with this Gaytor "argument" that they have a very "experienced" OL due to having 1 senior and 3 juniors. The more accurate analysis would point out that the 3 juniors have ascended by default, rather than by excellence.

And, hey, they could all surprise us and play very well on August 24. But their spring practices did not give that indication. Curious to see what August holds for this "SEC-SEC-SEC" offensive line. I remain unconvinced that they will be very good 30 days from now.

Buchanan is good. But if you line up our DTs on Heggie and Bleich, and our DEs on Forsythe and Delance, I tend to believe that we will win more battles than we lose.

That's just awful. I won't sit here and pretend size is everything, but they don't exactly scream power run game.
And last year, they needed that power run game to win. They lost every game where they rushed under 200 yards. The only game that they won when they had under 200-yards rushing was a 13-6 slugfest against Mississippi State. The only TD scored in that game was on a trick play. Franks has proven time and time again that he can't beat you with his arm.

I wish it could be broken down by snaps instead of games played because it can say they played in a game but if the game was close they may have had 5-10 snaps.

Advertisement
I wish it could be broken down by snaps instead of games played because it can say they played in a game but if the game was close they may have had 5-10 snaps.

I searched for snaps too, but couldn't find anything. For the guys who only played in a few games, it lists the opponents, and they are not impressive, so we are talking about garbage time snaps for Bleich and Delance.

Didn't read any of the last pages, just wanted to drop in & say I hate UF.

I hate their fans.
I hate their players.
I hate their coaches.
I hate their administration.
I hate their boosters.
I hate their ****** stadium.
I hate Gaynesville.

I hate UF.

Advertisement
Looks like @flagator86 kept an old log-in name alive...

How long until his honesty gets this guy banned from Swamp 247?

JetSkiSwampGator
  • (352)
  • 20 months
63 minutes agovia Mobile
I still don't understand the overwhelming confidence some have that we will steamroll them.
I do think we'll win, but the UF game will be their Super Bowl (just like it always is when we play them). Manny's defense has been good, and they will be running the same scheme with the same players... against our unproven offensive line.
I just don't see us blowing them out.

I searched for snaps too, but couldn't find anything. For the guys who only played in a few games, it lists the opponents, and they are not impressive, so we are talking about garbage time snaps for Bleich and Delance.
I couldn't find any evidence that their projected starters played any significant snaps. They're going to go from getting some reps against subpar competition to facing one of the top ten front 7's in all of College Football. That's a big hurdle for any team to overcome. On the flip side, you could say our OL has big issues too (which we do). Nevertheless, their front 7 is not 1) as experienced or as proven as ours and 2) lost quite a few playmakers. I expect Enos to scheme around our OL issues, whereas UF could not win a game last year without push upfront from its OL. It'll be hard for Mullen to scheme around an unproven OL, especially when their winning formula all of last year was a power run game. Adding the fact that Franks underperforms against good defenses, and you've got a toss-up game that can go anywhere.

So...wait a minute...

Now Mullet is claiming that he KNEW that Wardrick Wilson would have student visa problems? This ****e just keeps getting better and better.

I'm beginning to think that Mullet botched both of his failed job interviews at UM solely on the basis of being an inarticulate buffoon.

Once both receivers make it to campus, the only outstanding signee yet to join the team will be offensive lineman Wardrick Wilson. Wilson is working on obtaining a proper visa that will allow him to join the Gators from the Bahamas.

Mullen did not have a timeline on when that might happen.

"Wilson is, I mean that's not a surprise for us of that situation, I think we had a lot of the information on it and we knew that that was going to be a process that we would not know a calendar or a timing on the process," Mullen said. "To be honest our expectations were it would happen at some time -- but it wasn't, we weren't thinking it would happen immediately."

Advertisement
I couldn't find any evidence that their projected starters played any significant snaps. They're going to go from getting some reps against subpar competition to facing one of the top ten front 7's in all of College Football. That's a big hurdle for any team to overcome. On the flip side, you could say our OL has big issues too (which we do). Nevertheless, their front 7 is not 1) as experienced or as proven as ours and 2) lost quite a few playmakers. I expect Enos to scheme around our OL issues, whereas UF could not win a game last year without push upfront from its OL. It'll be hard for Mullen to scheme around an unproven OL, especially when their winning formula all of last year was a power run game. Adding the fact that Franks underperforms against good defenses, and you've got a toss-up game that can go anywhere.

Agree completely. I would also add that I do not think they have a proven "speed" RB to utilize when power runner Perine is unable to get a push from his OL.

Didn't read any of the last pages, just wanted to drop in & say I hate UF.

I hate their fans.
I hate their players.
I hate their coaches.
I hate their administration.
I hate their boosters.
I hate their ****** stadium.
I hate Gaynesville.

I hate UF.

You don't hate their ****** uniforms and colors? I ******* do.

Advertisement
Agree completely. I would also add that I do not think they have a proven "speed" RB to utilize when power runner Perine is unable to get a push from his OL.
There isn't anything in their archival film that indicates that Malik Davis or Daemon Pierce, their two backup RB's, have that speed. Davis had a pretty bad season-ending injury last year, like Lingard it changes your playing style, and Pierce did have some quality reps in big games. I'd need to see more from Pierce to see that he's got that speed, but it seems he'll be their #3 back.

Everything about this school sucks. The players. The fans. Their overhyped, ****** stadium. Gainesville itself. The fact they unrhythmically clap as a "tradition" like a bunch of morons. "Work 'em silly Gators" sign is one of the gayest things in all of sports. Every time I deal with their fanbase I feel like I'm volunteering with a Special Olympics team visiting a Kid Rock concert. Don't kid yourself. We own them. We are in their heads. We will not lose to them because for as much as their fanbase thinks they are big brother, they know better deep down. We don't lose to the Gator. Full stop.

Looks like @flagator86 kept an old log-in name alive...

How long until his honesty gets this guy banned from Swamp 247?

JetSkiSwampGator
  • (352)
  • 20 months
63 minutes agovia Mobile
I still don't understand the overwhelming confidence some have that we will steamroll them.
I do think we'll win, but the UF game will be their Super Bowl (just like it always is when we play them). Manny's defense has been good, and they will be running the same scheme with the same players... against our unproven offensive line.
I just don't see us blowing them out.

Agree I wouldn't say a blowout is expected, although I do think if it is a blowout, it is more likely to be us. If we have a good start, bust out the chain early a couple times, get some breaks, good qb play, we could run away with it. Similar to ND.

But I disagree though, I don't think they look at it as a Super Bowl at all. They themselves admit this is probably their 4th or 5th game on their must-win priority list. I think they look like at it kind of as an event as much of as a game. Like a fun jamboree against that one irrelevant school down south that they will win easily and then move on to the "important" games in the sec. It's no secret how over confident they are.

Advertisement
Back