Tears Gator Tears

ESPNU is replaying the 2018 UF/UGA game. UF just had an insane goal line stand, how many of those guys on their dline are gonna be back for this season?

Gone are the 3 that's known (Polite, Jefferson, and Joseph) and also Kyrie Campbell at DT. My apologies, Polite wasn't out there during the goal line stand, it was Luke Ackrum and he'll be back. He's just another guy, nobody to "fear"

Advertisement
Isn't it odd that all the **** suspension talks suddenly disappeared?
Not to me. HCs aren’t going to do their opponent the service of announcing who’s out a month before the game.

Think back to other openers. People usually find out suspensions when the team leaves to travel or the morning of. The only reason we’ve heard anything is because of these “leaks”, which admittedly may or may not be true.

Advertisement
So is TheSwamp15 being serious about they didn't really want these other players they were recruiting because they got Elam? It has to be him joking around right?

Advertisement
Pinck's rated a .86 but McCloud a .89.
Patchan a .87 but Garvin .85

Not sure where buddy got his numbers but they are junk and only used cause they help skew his narrative

His "argument" is that the analysis is all about talent. So I think he is taking the 247 recruiting rankings, and then "updating" them based on if you are a freshman, sophomore, etc.

Thus, a senior in college will have the exact same talent rating he had as a HS senior.

It's brilliant, I tell ya. The Gaytors are going to beat us...because...because they had better recruiting classes.

Makes perfect sense. For Gaytor Logicz.

Pinck's rated a .86 but McCloud a .89.
Patchan a .87 but Garvin .85

Not sure where buddy got his numbers but they are junk and only used cause they help skew his narrative
@TheOriginalCane is correct. McCloud was a 4 star and Pinkney was 3 star and Patchan was also a 4 star while Garvin was a 3 star. He literally just took their 247 "ranking" and adjusted for experience. Like every single player improves at the exact same increment. And a 3 star player could NEVER turn out to be better than a 4 star at the same position.

@TheOriginalCane is correct. McCloud was a 4 star and Pinkney was 3 star and Patchan was also a 4 star while Garvin was a 3 star. He literally just took their 247 "ranking" and adjusted for experience. Like every single player improves at the exact same increment. And a 3 star player could NEVER turn out to be better than a 4 star at the same position.
There fu<king idiots, plain and simple! And I can’t wait to smash there faces in on the field and parking lot.

They're terrified of losing this game on 8/24, knowing that if they do it means they're going at best 9-3 and will give us a leg up in recruiting if we have double-digit wins like we should. It's always a cycle when we play them. First, they believe months out that we won't have a pulse and that they'll blow us out. Second, they start accounting for "raw talent" and how we could put up a fight for the first half and then get blown out. Third, they start publishing posts and articles with garbage data to validate one of their skewed points of view. Fourth, when the game turns out to be competitive they start moving the goalpost.

Finally, when they lose and have a more disappointing season than expected, they say the loss to doesn't matter because "Miami beat one of the worst Florida team's in our history." They said and did the same in 2013, blaming it on "injuries" as well. Despite the fact that they had no major injuries when they played us in week 2. It's predictable with them. I think this game is a tossup, they won't realize it's a tossup until we actually get to gameday.

Advertisement
They're terrified of losing this game on 8/24, knowing that if they do it means they're going at best 9-3 and will give us a leg up in recruiting if we have double-digit wins like we should. It's always a cycle when we play them. First, they believe months out that we won't have a pulse and that they'll blow us out. Second, they start accounting for "raw talent" and how we could put up a fight for the first half and then get blown out. Third, they start publishing posts and articles with garbage data to validate one of their skewed points of view. Fourth, when the game turns out to be competitive they start moving the goalpost.

Finally, when they lose and have a more disappointing season than expected, they say the loss to doesn't matter because "Miami beat one of the worst Florida team's in our history." They said and did the same in 2013, blaming it on "injuries" as well. Despite the fact that they had no major injuries when they played us in week 2. It's predictable with them. I think this game is a tossup, they won't realize it's a tossup until we actually get to gameday.

Lmao you on point with this!

Lmao you on point with this!
It's always the same thing with these guys. They go from the most aggressive trash talkers pregame/first quarter to people that don't seem to understand the language they'd previously been trash-talking in by the end of the game. I was in school at the time, and all the Gator fans were talking mad garbage in the weeks and days before the game. When we all came back that Monday after the game, they all acted as if the game had never happened. Once their season tanked, and we were a Top 10 team, they started using the excuse that a "Top 10 ranked Miami team needed 5 turnovers to beat the worst Florida team in 30 years" blah blah blah. If you brought up the fact that they were a top 10 team when they played us and that they had no injuries, they'd momentarily act as if they couldn't comprehend the English language.

I have no doubt they'll do the same if they lose on 8/24. Not counting my chickens before they hatch, it'll be a dogfight, but beating them would be a season highlight no doubt.

Then their O-line is in serious trouble. I think it's made up of one 4* & a bunch of mid to low 3*.

Advertisement
Then their O-line is in serious trouble. I think it's made up of one 4* & a bunch of mid to low 3*.
This is from a post I had last week, with their projections of who's going to start.
  1. LT - Stone Forsythe (RS JR, 6' 7", 323 lbs): Started 2 games in 2017 and 1 game in 2018. Played in 13 games in 2018 as a backup at guard and tackle, with some special teams duty. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  2. LG - Brett Heggie (RS JR, 6' 4", 314 lbs): Was redshirted in 2016. Played in 8 games in 2017, started in 7, before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Played in 9 games last year at LG and RG, but dealt with injuries all year long. 3-Star OC recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  3. OC - Nick Buchanan (RS SR, 6' 3", 291 lbs): Was redshirted in 2015. Played 2 games as a backup in 2016, and appeared in 1 game as a backup in 2017. Played a lot in 2018, and started in 12 games at OC. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  4. RG - Chris Bleich (RS FR, 6' 6", 321 lbs): Played in 4 games as a reserve OL in 2018 (CSU, Colorado St., Idaho, UM). 3-Star OT initially recruited by Jim McElwain's staff but ultimately signed by then-new HC Dan Mullen.
  5. RT - Jean Delance (RS JR, 6' 4", 313 lbs): Transferred from Texas to UF in 2016. Played 2 games at Texas, and played 4 games (CSU, FSU, Idaho, and UM) during the 2018 season. 4-Star OT that transferred from Texas to UF in 2016.
Minus Nick Buchanan, they're basically career reserve guys that finally have a chance to break into the starting rotation because they more talented guys ahead of them for years are gone. They definitely have a **** of an offensive line coach, but I have doubts they can keep it all together against our front 7 on 8/24. It's a huge mismatch, and their OL looked terrible in the spring.

Also, their projected LG has had injury issues his entire career (I wish him the best, but those type of issues can be aggravated in fall camp). None of the other players, minus Buchanan, have played any really significant snaps. They also have a lower ceiling than their 2018 line, being that most were 3-Star recruits.

I have been watching alot of Florida film lately and the best way to beat them is by making Frank's beat u. Shut down the run. If u can make him move in the pocket most downs we win the game. He has happy feet as soon as he hears noise u dont have to pressure him just move the pocket. When he has to move his throws are all over the place. With hill and garvin on the edge it should make the job easy. Frank's has really bad happy feet in alot of cases he would have a really open reciever but he had to move in the pocket and he would make erent throws and its constant throughout there games
This will help our young corners also. The less time they have cover the better they will be.

This is what is hilarious.

The Gaytors fans could take a 5-star OL (no they don't have one, just play along), and he could fail for 4 years and then be thrust into a starting role as a senior. In that case, he would have a nearly perfect score (HS ranking, plus 100% as a senior). Of course, that kid could be a complete bust, but for Gaytor Logicz purposes, he would be the most talented player possible.

On the other side of it, Zion might be a low 3-star recruit who is GOOD ENOUGH to break into the OL as a pure freshman. Not only would he just have HS rating, he would only get a fraction of it for being a freshman. So, again, he would be one of the least talented players possible, regardless of what he actually accomplishes in competition and practice.

It's brilliant. These Gaytors are self-delusional, using years-old HS rankings to predict victory.

This is from a post I had last week, with their projections of who's going to start.
  1. LT - Stone Forsythe (RS JR, 6' 7", 323 lbs): Started 2 games in 2017 and 1 game in 2018. Played in 13 games in 2018 as a backup at guard and tackle, with some special teams duty. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  2. LG - Brett Heggie (RS JR, 6' 4", 314 lbs): Was redshirted in 2016. Played in 8 games in 2017, started in 7, before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Played in 9 games last year at LG and RG, but dealt with injuries all year long. 3-Star OC recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  3. OC - Nick Buchanan (RS SR, 6' 3", 291 lbs): Was redshirted in 2015. Played 2 games as a backup in 2016, and appeared in 1 game as a backup in 2017. Played a lot in 2018, and started in 12 games at OC. 3-Star OT recruited by Jim McElwain's staff.
  4. RG - Chris Bleich (RS FR, 6' 6", 321 lbs): Played in 4 games as a reserve OL in 2018 (CSU, Colorado St., Idaho, UM). 3-Star OT initially recruited by Jim McElwain's staff but ultimately signed by then-new HC Dan Mullen.
  5. RT - Jean Delance (RS JR, 6' 4", 313 lbs): Transferred from Texas to UF in 2016. Played 2 games at Texas, and played 4 games (CSU, FSU, Idaho, and UM) during the 2018 season. 4-Star OT that transferred from Texas to UF in 2016.
Minus Nick Buchanan, they're basically career reserve guys that finally have a chance to break into the starting rotation because they more talented guys ahead of them for years are gone. They definitely have a **** of an offensive line coach, but I have doubts they can keep it all together against our front 7 on 8/24. It's a huge mismatch, and their OL looked terrible in the spring.

Also, their projected LG has had injury issues his entire career (I wish him the best, but those type of issues can be aggravated in fall camp). None of the other players, minus Buchanan, have played any really significant snaps. They also have a lower ceiling than their 2018 line, being that most were 3-Star recruits.
They’re going to, “Wear us down,” with that lineup? Awesome.....

Advertisement
Back