Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

But, but, but...Manny Diaz is a FIRST TIME HEAD COACH...

Actually, I would like to know the Gaytor Relevanze of this oft-quoted meme. What do they think is going to happen? Manny will call 4 timeouts in a half? Manny will forget that he is not up in the booth, and therefore he will wet his pants during the game? Manny will neglect to send out the captains for the coin toss?

Sure, Manny's a first-time head coach. But he was elevated within a program where he has been DC for several years, he doesn't need to do anything special to "earn the respect" of players he just met and never recruited. As Richt himself said, Manny is a guy who showed head coaching aptitude. And he led one of the top defenses in the country (though the Gaytors will try to overexaggerate the impact of the Wisconsin bowl game, when everyone thought Manny was leaving).

More importantly, this is a brand new head coach who (a) hasn't had any players charged with crimes in the off-season, (b) hasn't had any recruits fail to qualify academically, and (c) hasn't ignored any players who have requested dorm room changes. Manny used the spring game as a dress rehearsal for the first game of his tenure. And Manny hasn't shot off his mouth in ridiculous losing flame wars with better football teams.

By the way, how did freakin' Larry Coker do in his first game, and first season, as a brand new head coach with talented South Florida players?

Bottom line is simple. Mullet may have more years of experience as a HC, but that doesn't protect him from making one clown move after another. If you took away the names "Diaz" and "Mullet", and just blindly summarized the highlights of each person's tenure since January, you would easily conclude that Mullet is the less qualified and less talented of the two coaches. Mullet is an immature, insecure little *****, and while he may have gotten a few lucky wins in 2018 (and maybe a few more in 2019), his ego is writing checks that his body can't cash. Eventually, McSharkFvcker's players are going to leave UF (notice I didn't say "graduate"), and Mullet is going to have to rise or fall on his own.

First time head coach. I've never seen that stat in a box score. F the Gaytors.

Actually, I would like to know the Gaytor Relevanze of this oft-quoted meme. What do they think is going to happen? Manny will call 4 timeouts in a half? Manny will forget that he is not up in the booth, and therefore he will wet his pants during the game? Manny will neglect to send out the captains for the coin toss?

As long as Enos and Baker do their jobs with the rest of the assistant coaches, all Manny has to do is call some time outs. I can't wait until this game.

Advertisement
Look, we know that "brcane1" and "2.0" are Gaytor trolls who are just trying to distract us from our core task of enjoying salty Gaytor Tears.

I don't like lies, and I don't like liars, thus my problems with these Gaytor trolls. I realize they are trying to derail this glorious thread, but instead they just keep adding to the post count. Hilarious.
2.0 is not a gaytor but yes, he will say some crazy shît sometimes.

So what's this about Brad Stewart failing a drug test and missing the first 3 games? Anyone git any info?

Advertisement
Potentially relevant? This is likely the difference in the game and why UF fans look like clowns predicting a 40 point blow out.

New OL
QB terrible under pressure

Against a heavy pressure defense

Stop it with your insanity.

Everyone knows that Franks has been turned into a Heisman frontrunner by the QB Whisperer, Mullet. And that Miami's defense is a house of cards that was built on terrible ACC competition, and all their best players graduated. Though your point about the OL might be valid.

At least...that's what you'll read on Gaytor boards...

Sure, Manny's a first-time head coach. But he was elevated within a program where he has been DC for several years, he doesn't need to do anything special to "earn the respect" of players he just met and never recruited. As Richt himself said, Manny is a guy who showed head coaching aptitude. And he led one of the top defenses in the country (though the Gaytors will try to overexaggerate the impact of the Wisconsin bowl game, when everyone thought Manny was leaving).

More importantly, this is a brand new head coach who (a) hasn't had any players charged with crimes in the off-season, (b) hasn't had any recruits fail to qualify academically, and (c) hasn't ignored any players who have requested dorm room changes. Manny used the spring game as a dress rehearsal for the first game of his tenure. And Manny hasn't shot off his mouth in ridiculous losing flame wars with better football teams.

By the way, how did freakin' Larry Coker do in his first game, and first season, as a brand new head coach with talented South Florida players?

Bottom line is simple. Mullet may have more years of experience as a HC, but that doesn't protect him from making one clown move after another. If you took away the names "Diaz" and "Mullet", and just blindly summarized the highlights of each person's tenure since January, you would easily conclude that Mullet is the less qualified and less talented of the two coaches. Mullet is an immature, insecure little *****, and while he may have gotten a few lucky wins in 2018 (and maybe a few more in 2019), his ego is writing checks that his body can't cash. Eventually, McSharkFvcker's players are going to leave UF (notice I didn't say "graduate"), and Mullet is going to have to rise or fall on his own.

First time head coach. I've never seen that stat in a box score. F the Gaytors.

Anyone could have coached that 2001, 2002, and 2003 squads but we all saw what happened when the team started to become more of his recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone could have coached that 2001, 2002, and 2003 squads but we all saw what happened when the team started to become more of his recruits.

I don't care what RVA says, you're a Gaytor troll.

I'm not comparing Coker to Diaz, I'm merely pointing out a HISTORICAL FACT that first-time head coaches don't necessarily defecate on themselves in Game 1.

I mean, just imagine if we had the internet in 2001, what the Gaytor fans would say about Coker being a "first time head coach". Oh, wait, the internet WAS around in 2001 and I DO REMEMBER what the Gaytor fans and SemenHole fans were saying AND IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING NOW. ****, I remember when I started at UM in 1986, and all the Gaytor fans and SemenHole fans were explaining to me how our 1983 national championship had been a fluke.

You can set your clocks and watches by the regularity with which Gaytor trolls repeat their memes. Yeah "first time head coach".

And, if anything, the Coker and Diaz situations are INCREDIBLY similar. UM coordinators who were promoted to first time head coaches and were beloved by their teams. This is NOT a comparison of how they will do over years and years of coaching. It is ONLY a comparison of whether IN THE FIRST GAME AS HEAD COACH a person will make so many mistakes that the "first time" errors cost them the game. Gaytor fans like to pretend that this is a "thing" that is so unavoidable, and I'm pointing out that it's not.

The "inexperienced head coach" thing means nothing unless it leads to mistakes. You can have an "experienced head coach" who sucks (Golden) or an "inexperienced head coach" who wins the national championship (Coker). All of Dan Mullet's experience doesn't make him any better than an 8-5-year-coach (over his entire career, on average).

F the Gaytors, including Gaytor troll 2.0.

Had some pretty highly rated classes in '03 (#4), '04 (#3), '05 (#9). It was likely player development more than his recruiting.

Exactly. After the 2003 season, when Chud joined Butch on the Browns, our offensive production declined over the next few years. Just didn't have the same player development for Coker's last 3 seasons that we had in his first 3. Great talent in all of Coker's years, though, and the NFL rosters proved it.

Advertisement
Back