Garcia is proof that HL tapes are BS

If Garcia isn’t QB1 next season after what I saw yesterday, I will be disappointed. He elevates the floor of this team. Need to him learn as much as he can this year from King while building on his game because he different, different!!!

Advertisement
Garcia looked like a seasoned QB. The moment was not to big for him. You want a QB that is in total command of the Offense. This guy has quite a few "flight hours" under his belt. Without question we got a Good One! Garcia is the real deal.
The moment was not too big for him? Dude it was a spring game.....throw him out there on National tv, first game of the year, in an NFL stadium against the best team in the country like these idiots on here want and let me know what happens. From the sound of it, he has a bright future but King is our guy this year and 2022 will be Garcia or TVD.

You mentioned the intangibles and you couldnt be more right! For an 18 year old kid to walk on campus and play in a spring game, against probably the best talent he's ever faced, and perform the way he did was outstanding! He looked calm, composed, and confident.

TVD is in for a BATTLE!!

Advertisement
First off let me be clear , I wasn’t blown away by Garcia’s Jr film, my skirt never left my knees. It didn’t blow up at all. I also wasn’t a fan of his dad and how the recruitment was handled, which is over now, but it played a part in my opinion of him. Back to the point of this thread.

Jake is the perfect example of highlight tapes being used to judge a qb is pretty much a waste. It’s also more proof we’re way too caught up in tangibles and what your physical gifts are. Qb is the one position that a lot more goes into it than that. The only way you can properly judge a qb is watching games , yes games with an “s”. You need to see all the intangibles , the leadership , and how he handles the ups and downs of a season. Which I never did , that’s why I always said “ honestly I don’t care either way if he commits here”. Boy was I off, I should’ve did some investigating before giving any opinion. Even though I didn’t say he sucked or I didn’t want, I was dismissive.

I’ve had my heart broken by highly rated qb’s at UM more times than Jennifer Aniston. From Brock Berlin (transfer) , to Kyle Wright , to the one that hurt the most Robert Marve. So I’m not just handing my heart over to either of these qb’s, they gotta earn my love. But for the first time in twenty plus years I feel very confident in the qb room.

Let’s be clear , I’m not saying Garcia is the next great or crowning him but **** there was intangibles that tell me we got a good one. He has every intangible you want in your qb. From confidence , moxy , leadership and just a calmness / presence in the pocket you can’t teach. He climbed and slid the pocket like no qb I’ve seen as a Fr in resent years, **** there’s a lot of Srs that don’t have that. His eyes stayed down field no matter what was around him or where he was manipulating the pocket. It was just unreal to think he should be on a Hs campus. The other things I noticed were anticipating throws , throwing guys open , unreal accuracy on every deep ball and the kid obviously loves ball. Anybody who moves across the country , willing to play at a high competition / class of football and winning over a new locker room to just play games , I’d say there’s a strong love.

Like I said , I’m not saying he’s the next great here but I’m very confident he’ll be a really good qb, there’s too many aspects of his game that are really good, things you can’t teach. You either it have or you don’t.

I look forward to the battle , TVD probably has a slight lead all things considered from spring but it’s far from over. This will go to the last day of fall. I just hope both stay and battle even if one supplants the other.
All of this! I’m right there with ya. When I learned that his HS teammates at Valdosta was still cheering for him to succeed, even after he had been declared ineligible there and had moved on to Grayson. That showed me that he had won over the Valdosta locker room in about a month. Which in turn, showed me that he was a different kind of kid. Then he went and won over the Grayson locker room in an even shorter time. Garcia is a natural leader. Players will play hard for a kid that’s built like that. What he lacks in ability, he will make up for it with guts and moxie. We MAY be sitting on a special one, man.

Advertisement
We're they allowed to hit him? I haven't watched him at all besides highlights but I would like to see his behavior in the pocket when it's live.....unless they were live yesterday which I doubt. If he has that same command of the pocket during live fire and going by what Cribby and LCE said we may have found something.

First off let me be clear , I wasn’t blown away by Garcia’s Jr film, my skirt never left my knees. It didn’t blow up at all. I also wasn’t a fan of his dad and how the recruitment was handled, which is over now, but it played a part in my opinion of him. Back to the point of this thread.

Jake is the perfect example of highlight tapes being used to judge a qb is pretty much a waste. It’s also more proof we’re way too caught up in tangibles and what your physical gifts are. Qb is the one position that a lot more goes into it than that. The only way you can properly judge a qb is watching games , yes games with an “s”. You need to see all the intangibles , the leadership , and how he handles the ups and downs of a season. Which I never did , that’s why I always said “ honestly I don’t care either way if he commits here”. Boy was I off, I should’ve did some investigating before giving any opinion. Even though I didn’t say he sucked or I didn’t want, I was dismissive.

I’ve had my heart broken by highly rated qb’s at UM more times than Jennifer Aniston. From Brock Berlin (transfer) , to Kyle Wright , to the one that hurt the most Robert Marve. So I’m not just handing my heart over to either of these qb’s, they gotta earn my love. But for the first time in twenty plus years I feel very confident in the qb room.

Let’s be clear , I’m not saying Garcia is the next great or crowning him but **** there was intangibles that tell me we got a good one. He has every intangible you want in your qb. From confidence , moxy , leadership and just a calmness / presence in the pocket you can’t teach. He climbed and slid the pocket like no qb I’ve seen as a Fr in resent years, **** there’s a lot of Srs that don’t have that. His eyes stayed down field no matter what was around him or where he was manipulating the pocket. It was just unreal to think he should be on a Hs campus. The other things I noticed were anticipating throws , throwing guys open , unreal accuracy on every deep ball and the kid obviously loves ball. Anybody who moves across the country , willing to play at a high competition / class of football and winning over a new locker room to just play games , I’d say there’s a strong love.

Like I said , I’m not saying he’s the next great here but I’m very confident he’ll be a really good qb, there’s too many aspects of his game that are really good, things you can’t teach. You either it have or you don’t.

I look forward to the battle , TVD probably has a slight lead all things considered from spring but it’s far from over. This will go to the last day of fall. I just hope both stay and battle even if one supplants the other.
I think the thing that will separate garcia from TVD is the deep ball. Garcia was much more accurate with his deep ball

This applies to the switch from HS to College and from College to the NFL. No one knows how good you are as a QB until you get on the field.

He’s rapidly winning me over. As always though, the ONLY real test for a QB is live bullets in real game situations. He’s passed the dress rehearsals with flying colors.

However, when I see a QB light it up in practice where they’re playing touch football it takes me back to my life as a prospective *** worker. Your Legend was truly legendary in the bedroom. He was blessed with a monolithic rod. The kind that had chicks wondering if they could handle a 32 ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes.

Not only that, fellas. He pounded more chicks into coital submission than Habib has dudes in the octagon. Just relentless piston-like pounding with the lasting power of a Honda motor. And the strapping good looks of an Uncle Jesse from the first incarnation of Full House.

The Legend and any of the hundreds of women he had satisfied in the privacy of his stately mansion thought the next logical step was to take his talents to The Valley, the **** capitol of the world. He made the connections and made his way out to CA.

Full of swagger, at his first meeting with studio head, Vic Lagina, your beloved Legend plopped his massive and already fully engorged crank on the table. I’ll tell ya that table shook as if a butcher just tossed a 48oz. Wagyu tomahawk on the table. There were a couple young starlets present at that initial meeting, and I could swear they started sweating instantly like they had just been handed an envelope with their STD results inside. But they were in love.

Thinking he had found an incredibly handsome John Holmes, Vic immediately scheduled your dude for his first live shoot later that same day with his number one contract girl, who shall remain nameless. The Legend showed up to makeup hard as a rock, and the makeup girl immediately gave him her number. Your Legend strutted out to the set like a peacock of a peacock had a 13 inch member.

Then the entire crew started trickling in. There must have been 10 dudes there. And the hot lights came on. And suddenly every drop of that gallon of blood rushed from The Legend’s massive tool into his other extremities. The director clicked that wooden contraption and yelled “ACTION!”

Regrettably, that **** shoot turned into a taffy pull. After your boy clumsily wasting an hour trying to shove a giant oversized marshmallow into a piggy bank slot, Vic walked over, punched me in the eye and told me to get my soft dyck off his set. He called the always reliable Danny DeMeato, who was on standby, and Danny did a solid workmanlike job as he always did.

Having said all that, you never what you really have until the director clicks that box and yells “ACTION!!!”

Advertisement
I was indifferent on him coming here because of the hype and the fact I was excited about TM. Oops. I have moved over to the really excited camp.

Had a bunch of people over last night and everyone was talking about JG and the spring game. Looks like we have a QB room of good potential and WR making catches helped. Need to make sure we progress on the OL and it looks like if our line could become top notch we have the weapons to be players on the big stage.

With that...Somebody said we have seen it on the practice field big screen before but if you don't have hope what is there right?

Add Kevin Olsen to that list of QBs that left us heartbroken.. I really thought he was gonna be our savior..

Idk why people were so low on this kid. He's a much better athlete then he gets credit for & I think his arm is above average for sure. He was ripping them in effortlessly yesterday. Oh & he's a winner & accurate. The two key measures for QB imo.

Advertisement
Idk why people were so low on this kid. He's a much better athlete then he gets credit for & I think his arm is above average for sure. He was ripping them in effortlessly yesterday. Oh & he's a winner & accurate. The two key measures for QB imo.
Nothing on his Jr film blew me away. Nothing about him was elite. Height / weight , arm strength, 40 time etc. That’s my point here , if you aren’t watching actual games you shouldn’t judge a qb. Period. That goes for me too. There’s too many intangibles you can’t see on a HL tape.

Garcia is proof that HS players aren't finished products as Juniors or even Seniors. The evaluation continues and you have to keep an open mind.

His traits looked ordinary as a Junior but his Senior highlights were outstanding and he showcased improved arm talent. I was lukewarm on him as a Jr and really high on him as a Senior and I think others had the same experience including DMoney. Yesterday when he scrambled it looked identical to a play I saw on his HS film except he looked quicker and faster. Athletic development continues into the early 20s and many of these kids don't have adequate nutrition, speed or weight training until they reach college.

I remember watching Soph HLs of Duke Johnson and being unimpressed then a year later he looked like a 5*. Kam Kinchens looked fast enough as a Jr, slow as molasses as a Sr, and all the while missed a ton of tackles. Now it seems he's regained his speed and is a leading tackler this spring (I haven't seen the film yet to verify his improvement there).

It's a huge challenge for the staff to prioritize recruitments and send out offers to 15-16 year olds. As fans we have the benefit of waiting to see as close to a complete picture as we can find. Don't write off kids off of one exposure, especially on highlights. Don't be LCE.

Advertisement
Back