Garcia is proof that HL tapes are BS

Advertisement
First off let me be clear , I wasn’t blown away by Garcia’s Jr film, my skirt never left my knees. It didn’t blow up at all. I also wasn’t a fan of his dad and how the recruitment was handled, which is over now, but it played a part in my opinion of him. Back to the point of this thread.

Jake is the perfect example of highlight tapes being used to judge a qb is pretty much a waste. It’s also more proof we’re way too caught up in tangibles and what your physical gifts are. Qb is the one position that a lot more goes into it than that. The only way you can properly judge a qb is watching games , yes games with an “s”. You need to see all the intangibles , the leadership , and how he handles the ups and downs of a season. Which I never did , that’s why I always said “ honestly I don’t care either way if he commits here”. Boy was I off, I should’ve did some investigating before giving any opinion. Even though I didn’t say he sucked or I didn’t want, I was dismissive.

I’ve had my heart broken by highly rated qb’s at UM more times than Jennifer Aniston. From Brock Berlin (transfer) , to Kyle Wright , to the one that hurt the most Robert Marve. So I’m not just handing my heart over to either of these qb’s, they gotta earn my love. But for the first time in twenty plus years I feel very confident in the qb room.

Let’s be clear , I’m not saying Garcia is the next great or crowning him but **** there was intangibles that tell me we got a good one. He has every intangible you want in your qb. From confidence , moxy , leadership and just a calmness / presence in the pocket you can’t teach. He climbed and slid the pocket like no qb I’ve seen as a Fr in resent years, **** there’s a lot of Srs that don’t have that. His eyes stayed down field no matter what was around him or where he was manipulating the pocket. It was just unreal to think he should be on a Hs campus. The other things I noticed were anticipating throws , throwing guys open , unreal accuracy on every deep ball and the kid obviously loves ball. Anybody who moves across the country , willing to play at a high competition / class of football and winning over a new locker room to just play games , I’d say there’s a strong love.

Like I said , I’m not saying he’s the next great here but I’m very confident he’ll be a really good qb, there’s too many aspects of his game that are really good, things you can’t teach. You either have or you don’t.

I look forward to the battle , TVD probably has a slight lead all things considered from spring but it’s far from over. This will go to the last day of fall. I just hope both stay and battle even if one supplants the other.
Like I’ve said in certain posts about him. Saw him play at Grayson and he came in mid season and took over the starting job of an undefeated state champion. Teammates loved him and he was humble and gave the credit to them. Way more mature than any 18year old I’ve seen including my own.

He’s rapidly winning me over. As always though, the ONLY real test for a QB is live bullets in real game situations. He’s passed the dress rehearsals with flying colors.

However, when I see a QB light it up in practice where they’re playing touch football it takes me back to my life as a prospective *** worker. Your Legend was truly legendary in the bedroom. He was blessed with a monolithic rod. The kind that had chicks wondering if they could handle a 32 ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes.

Not only that, fellas. He pounded more chicks into coital submission than Habib has dudes in the octagon. Just relentless piston-like pounding with the lasting power of a Honda motor. And the strapping good looks of an Uncle Jesse from the first incarnation of Full House.

The Legend and any of the hundreds of women he had satisfied in the privacy of his stately mansion thought the next logical step was to take his talents to The Valley, the **** capitol of the world. He made the connections and made his way out to CA.

Full of swagger, at his first meeting with studio head, Vic Lagina, your beloved Legend plopped his massive and already fully engorged crank on the table. I’ll tell ya that table shook as if a butcher just tossed a 48oz. Wagyu tomahawk on the table. There were a couple young starlets present at that initial meeting, and I could swear they started sweating instantly like they had just been handed an envelope with their STD results inside. But they were in love.

Thinking he had found an incredibly handsome John Holmes, Vic immediately scheduled your dude for his first live shoot later that same day with his number one contract girl, who shall remain nameless. The Legend showed up to makeup hard as a rock, and the makeup girl immediately gave him her number. Your Legend strutted out to the set like a peacock of a peacock had a 13 inch member.

Then the entire crew started trickling in. There must have been 10 dudes there. And the hot lights came on. And suddenly every drop of that gallon of blood rushed from The Legend’s massive tool into his other extremities. The director clicked that wooden contraption and yelled “ACTION!”

Regrettably, that **** shoot turned into a taffy pull. After your boy clumsily wasting an hour trying to shove a giant oversized marshmallow into a piggy bank slot, Vic walked over, punched me in the eye and told me to get my soft dyck off his set. He called the always reliable Danny DeMeato, who was on standby, and Danny did a solid workmanlike job as he always did.

Having said all that, you never what you really have until the director clicks that box and yells “ACTION!!!”
I feel like this should be adapted into a children's book

First off let me be clear , I wasn’t blown away by Garcia’s Jr film, my skirt never left my knees. It didn’t blow up at all. I also wasn’t a fan of his dad and how the recruitment was handled, which is over now, but it played a part in my opinion of him. Back to the point of this thread.

Jake is the perfect example of highlight tapes being used to judge a qb is pretty much a waste. It’s also more proof we’re way too caught up in tangibles and what your physical gifts are. Qb is the one position that a lot more goes into it than that. The only way you can properly judge a qb is watching games , yes games with an “s”. You need to see all the intangibles , the leadership , and how he handles the ups and downs of a season. Which I never did , that’s why I always said “ honestly I don’t care either way if he commits here”. Boy was I off, I should’ve did some investigating before giving any opinion. Even though I didn’t say he sucked or I didn’t want, I was dismissive.

I’ve had my heart broken by highly rated qb’s at UM more times than Jennifer Aniston. From Brock Berlin (transfer) , to Kyle Wright , to the one that hurt the most Robert Marve. So I’m not just handing my heart over to either of these qb’s, they gotta earn my love. But for the first time in twenty plus years I feel very confident in the qb room.

Let’s be clear , I’m not saying Garcia is the next great or crowning him but **** there was intangibles that tell me we got a good one. He has every intangible you want in your qb. From confidence , moxy , leadership and just a calmness / presence in the pocket you can’t teach. He climbed and slid the pocket like no qb I’ve seen as a Fr in resent years, **** there’s a lot of Srs that don’t have that. His eyes stayed down field no matter what was around him or where he was manipulating the pocket. It was just unreal to think he should be on a Hs campus. The other things I noticed were anticipating throws , throwing guys open , unreal accuracy on every deep ball and the kid obviously loves ball. Anybody who moves across the country , willing to play at a high competition / class of football and winning over a new locker room to just play games , I’d say there’s a strong love.

Like I said , I’m not saying he’s the next great here but I’m very confident he’ll be a really good qb, there’s too many aspects of his game that are really good, things you can’t teach. You either have or you don’t.

I look forward to the battle , TVD probably has a slight lead all things considered from spring but it’s far from over. This will go to the last day of fall. I just hope both stay and battle even if one supplants the other.
I was sold on Garcia when he moved twice and got his team to rally behind him both times while also picking up the playbook and winning a chip. That showed me he had a different pedigree

Freshman Qbs success more than often is based on the unit around them Goldilocks walked into an exceptional scenario. If Garcia is going to be the wonder kid? The unit around him has to progress to ensure his success......
Coaching and what surrounds a qb is probably the most important part of the deal. Nfl and college. If I have stability as a franchise , coaching and surrounded by players my success rate is through the roof.

Advertisement
He’s rapidly winning me over. As always though, the ONLY real test for a QB is live bullets in real game situations. He’s passed the dress rehearsals with flying colors.

However, when I see a QB light it up in practice where they’re playing touch football it takes me back to my life as a prospective *** worker. Your Legend was truly legendary in the bedroom. He was blessed with a monolithic rod. The kind that had chicks wondering if they could handle a 32 ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes.

Not only that, fellas. He pounded more chicks into coital submission than Habib has dudes in the octagon. Just relentless piston-like pounding with the lasting power of a Honda motor. And the strapping good looks of an Uncle Jesse from the first incarnation of Full House.

The Legend and any of the hundreds of women he had satisfied in the privacy of his stately mansion thought the next logical step was to take his talents to The Valley, the **** capitol of the world. He made the connections and made his way out to CA.

Full of swagger, at his first meeting with studio head, Vic Lagina, your beloved Legend plopped his massive and already fully engorged crank on the table. I’ll tell ya that table shook as if a butcher just tossed a 48oz. Wagyu tomahawk on the table. There were a couple young starlets present at that initial meeting, and I could swear they started sweating instantly like they had just been handed an envelope with their STD results inside. But they were in love.

Thinking he had found an incredibly handsome John Holmes, Vic immediately scheduled your dude for his first live shoot later that same day with his number one contract girl, who shall remain nameless. The Legend showed up to makeup hard as a rock, and the makeup girl immediately gave him her number. Your Legend strutted out to the set like a peacock of a peacock had a 13 inch member.

Then the entire crew started trickling in. There must have been 10 dudes there. And the hot lights came on. And suddenly every drop of that gallon of blood rushed from The Legend’s massive tool into his other extremities. The director clicked that wooden contraption and yelled “ACTION!”

Regrettably, that **** shoot turned into a taffy pull. After your boy clumsily wasting an hour trying to shove a giant oversized marshmallow into a piggy bank slot, Vic walked over, punched me in the eye and told me to get my soft dyck off his set. He called the always reliable Danny DeMeato, who was on standby, and Danny did a solid workmanlike job as he always did.

Having said all that, you never what you really have until the director clicks that box and yells “ACTION!!!”
This needs a spot in the cis hof for posts.

for a true freshman Garcia proved he has the talent. I like the QB situation right now its promising without king. But, that aside if the O line can’t step up it wont matter who’s under center. We supposedly now have depth. Now we have to wait and see what the coaches do with all the talent we saw in the scrimmage.

there's that old saying, 'Highlight tapes get you recruiting letters. Game tape gets you scholarship offers."

So you were like the Chris Walsh of ****. Great talent, all the necessary tangibles -- then you developed the hitch that wasn't fixable

Advertisement

A tale of 2 marshmallows

6A6FC677-E35C-4898-B922-FA17B2CE6F69.jpeg

“turned into into a taffy pull” had me dying.

Excellent analogy, though. We really don’t know what either of these guys is about until the bullets are live and it actually means something in a real game.

Right now, like you, I’m considering it a huge win that Garcia has come in here and so quickly is already pushing a redhirt freshman that has had the benefit of a full year... and is pushing him hard.

In the end, I think either quarterback could end up being the guy after King, assuming King can actually go first game. Or before King, assuming he can’t go vs Alabama.

Either way, this summer and fall camp is going to be fascinating with respect to the quarterbacks.

There’s going to be a real big boy competition. Mark it down, it should be fun to behold.

Last edited:
His arm definitely popped more yesterday than I recall in his hudl highlights. You could tell he elevated his play when he got in with the first team O.Hopefully we can get him in some games for some live bullets. OP was right his dad gave off major helicopter dad vibes during his recruitment and if he can stay out of the way Jake can be very successful here as long as the OL doesn’t get him killed.

“turned into into a taffy pull” had me dying.

Excellent analogy, though. We really don’t know what either of these guys is about until the bullets are live and it actually mean something in a real game.

Right now, like you, I’m considering it a huge win that Garcia has come in here and so quickly is already pushing a redhirt freshman that has had the benefit of a full year... and is pushing him hard.

In the end, I think either quarterback could end up being the guy after King, assuming King can actually go first game. Or before King, assuming he can’t go vs Alabama.

Either way, this summer and fall camp is going to be fascinating with respect to the quarterbacks.

There’s going to be a real big boy competition. Mark it down, it should be fun to behold.
F788F412-4407-4F53-BF70-18676D6F2677.gif

Advertisement
I like his post game press... looks at his HS experience as a positive... while others look at is as a negative...

I don't know if anyone has ever watched 'The Brady 6' documentary.

It's pretty good - but he makes the salient point that QB play is about what's between the ears. Obviously he's dialed up to 11, but the point stands. I'm sure there's dozens and dozens of HS QBs who throw the ball further than Brady right now, but who would you want under C?

Advertisement

It depends on their competition too, I've seen incredible high school Running Backs that flat out suck when they go to college

You better pray NYSOM doesn’t see this, him and Kenneth may be triangulating your location as we speak

TVD is pretty darn good too. He looks really big and strong and throws some darn good balls. His year here also helps with knowing Lashlee longer

Advertisement
Back