Garcia is proof that HL tapes are BS

Cribby, I too was not high on Garcia but my opinion was based on non Miami coaches who watched him play.
At the end of the day, I will wait until both of our young’ens have live fire in their face rather than knowing they aren’t getting hit and are protected by a green jersey.

Advertisement
Yep, but for Wiggly too hot to handle.

I'm no fan of Wiggins, but that was a catch. I've never understood why both Wiggins and Pope are such slump-shouldered idiots when dealing with the refs. Those two dipsh!tes just jog away, never making their cases for pass interference or possession to the refs.

That was a catch, Wiggins never left his feet, he had possession all the way, and the ball popped out when he was on the ground. Instead of making that case to the ref, he just flopped around on the ground in frustration.

Garcia is proof that HS players aren't finished products as Juniors or even Seniors. The evaluation continues and you have to keep an open mind.

His traits looked ordinary as a Junior but his Senior highlights were outstanding and he showcased improved arm talent. I was lukewarm on him as a Jr and really high on him as a Senior and I think others had the same experience including DMoney. Yesterday when he scrambled it looked identical to a play I saw on his HS film except he looked quicker and faster. Athletic development continues into the early 20s and many of these kids don't have adequate nutrition, speed or weight training until they reach college.

I remember watching Soph HLs of Duke Johnson and being unimpressed then a year later he looked like a 5*. Kam Kinchens looked fast enough as a Jr, slow as molasses as a Sr, and all the while missed a ton of tackles. Now it seems he's regained his speed and is a leading tackler this spring (I haven't seen the film yet to verify his improvement there).

It's a huge challenge for the staff to prioritize recruitments and send out offers to 15-16 year olds. As fans we have the benefit of waiting to see as close to a complete picture as we can find. Don't write off kids off of one exposure, especially on highlights. Don't be LCE.
I'm not sure I'm interpreting your post correctly. Are you saying Garcia isn't as good as he appears?

I’ve been saying this since day 1. All I had to watch was one game of Jake’s and it was obvious as all **** he’s the best QB UM has had in a long time. Then I watched 4 more games and realized he maybe on par with some dudes in the 80s. These 247 cucks saying he’s a day three pick are morons. This kid has IT! He’s much more polished right now than Bama’s QB getting front page headlines on ESPN. And it isn’t close either. That Bama boy is maybe 5’10 and has no touch past 20 yards. His outs were all off target or high. Yeah, he’s got talented WRs that make one handed grabs but that doesn’t mean he’s a better QB.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I'm interpreting your post correctly. Are you saying Garcia isn't as good as he appears?
I honestly have no idea what I said lol. I had a profound point to make but it ended up meandering and confusing, sigh.

If you read my Spring Game Review thread it's clear I think Garcia is really good. The cliff's notes is I saw what many others saw of Garcia's Jr highlights which was a lack of mobility and arm strength traits. His Sr year HLs and film quelled those concerns for me - his arm looked stronger, his mobility looked functional enough and his intangibles were impressive. Now he looks quicker and faster. The point is not to dismiss HL tapes but rather to keep an open mind tracking the growth of developing athletes. You can't get anchored to an opinion based on your first exposure impressions.

He’s rapidly winning me over. As always though, the ONLY real test for a QB is live bullets in real game situations. He’s passed the dress rehearsals with flying colors.

However, when I see a QB light it up in practice where they’re playing touch football it takes me back to my life as a prospective *** worker. Your Legend was truly legendary in the bedroom. He was blessed with a monolithic rod. The kind that had chicks wondering if they could handle a 32 ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes.

Not only that, fellas. He pounded more chicks into coital submission than Habib has dudes in the octagon. Just relentless piston-like pounding with the lasting power of a Honda motor. And the strapping good looks of an Uncle Jesse from the first incarnation of Full House.

The Legend and any of the hundreds of women he had satisfied in the privacy of his stately mansion thought the next logical step was to take his talents to The Valley, the **** capitol of the world. He made the connections and made his way out to CA.

Full of swagger, at his first meeting with studio head, Vic Lagina, your beloved Legend plopped his massive and already fully engorged crank on the table. I’ll tell ya that table shook as if a butcher just tossed a 48oz. Wagyu tomahawk on the table. There were a couple young starlets present at that initial meeting, and I could swear they started sweating instantly like they had just been handed an envelope with their STD results inside. But they were in love.

Thinking he had found an incredibly handsome John Holmes, Vic immediately scheduled your dude for his first live shoot later that same day with his number one contract girl, who shall remain nameless. The Legend showed up to makeup hard as a rock, and the makeup girl immediately gave him her number. Your Legend strutted out to the set like a peacock of a peacock had a 13 inch member.

Then the entire crew started trickling in. There must have been 10 dudes there. And the hot lights came on. And suddenly every drop of that gallon of blood rushed from The Legend’s massive tool into his other extremities. The director clicked that wooden contraption and yelled “ACTION!”

Regrettably, that **** shoot turned into a taffy pull. After your boy clumsily wasting an hour trying to shove a giant oversized marshmallow into a piggy bank slot, Vic walked over, punched me in the eye and told me to get my soft dyck off his set. He called the always reliable Danny DeMeato, who was on standby, and Danny did a solid workmanlike job as he always did.

Having said all that, you never what you really have until the director clicks that box and yells “ACTION!!!”
this made me laugh. thank you.

He just looks different. His quick release is a big plus. I like TVD, and TVD is a good player, little bigger better athletically, but man I don’t see how Garcia is not the guy once King leaves.

I’ll say it for you Cribby, I think we finally have a round 1 QB type.

That’s a big statement by you. You’re not prone to hyperbole on QBs, so I’ll take note of what you’re saying but I can’t say that I agree just yet. I need to see him play against a team that’s trying to take his head and separate it from his body.. Then I can make a judgment on the kid.

I had to keep reminding myself he was a TF EE. Really liked what I saw. Hopefully we can continue developing him.
It seems like just yesterday that we were trotting out upperclassman Malik "doesnt know how to step up in the pocket/cant throw" Rosier, and now we have TVD and Garcia both behind King. I'm hyped boys.

Advertisement
Never was a fan of highlight tapes to scout talent. Highlight tapes want you to see what they want you to see.

Watched N'Kosi play a whole game in high school in Ocala, against good competition. You are a product of your successes AND failures.

I think you have to consider his transfers as an obstacle too. New system, new players. I only watched one game & definitely noticed his arm talent. Had a friend that isn’t really knowledgeable but even commented on it that he looked like an nfl type player/impressed with a HS player dropping dimes like that - think it was the state champ game. Like most I was indifferent at first on if he came to Miami or not because there wasn’t a ton on of film, but I was impressed with his spring game. He looks like the real deal if he can progress

Loved how Lashee got all over his *** a couple times for not getting rid of the ball or checking down. Both TVD and Garcia throw better than King actually, but King's ability to run out of trouble and make plays were important when our line was so marginal. As the line improves, both the guys competing for backup can excel.

Advertisement
Bryan Fortay as well.
Man what a mess that was. Fortay was supposed to start over some weak armed kid from Cali whose older brother played at UM and didn’t seem to bring much more to the table. Until he actually played and that weak armed kid won a NC and Heisman.
And Fortay was suing Erickson.
Coaches need to be a little more careful with the promises they make in recruiting.

nobody is expected to ace evaluations on highlights alone, but you can look at film and see traits for sure. Garcia's were evident if you watched enough, but the challenge was drilling down and wanting to watch him work without the elite traits jumping off the screen.

Tvd has every physical trait you’d want but there was things I saw from Garcia that makes it a given he’ll be good. No doubt. Tvd could be better , there’s talent there to be a nfl qb. But it’s more unknown. Garcia was doing things that highlight tapes don’t show or can be taught. The only way I don’t see him being successful is if he gets the Kyle Wright treatment, having god awful ol that completely breaks him mentally, to where he’s paying attention more to what’s around him than what’s going on downfield. People forget Kyle was good his first year. By the end of his career he was shot.
Kyle never did the things Garcia is doing now. Even as the best high school QB in the country he was a statue in the pocket compared to Garcia.

Advertisement
He’s rapidly winning me over. As always though, the ONLY real test for a QB is live bullets in real game situations. He’s passed the dress rehearsals with flying colors.

However, when I see a QB light it up in practice where they’re playing touch football it takes me back to my life as a prospective *** worker. Your Legend was truly legendary in the bedroom. He was blessed with a monolithic rod. The kind that had chicks wondering if they could handle a 32 ounce can of San Marzano tomatoes.

Not only that, fellas. He pounded more chicks into coital submission than Habib has dudes in the octagon. Just relentless piston-like pounding with the lasting power of a Honda motor. And the strapping good looks of an Uncle Jesse from the first incarnation of Full House.

The Legend and any of the hundreds of women he had satisfied in the privacy of his stately mansion thought the next logical step was to take his talents to The Valley, the **** capitol of the world. He made the connections and made his way out to CA.

Full of swagger, at his first meeting with studio head, Vic Lagina, your beloved Legend plopped his massive and already fully engorged crank on the table. I’ll tell ya that table shook as if a butcher just tossed a 48oz. Wagyu tomahawk on the table. There were a couple young starlets present at that initial meeting, and I could swear they started sweating instantly like they had just been handed an envelope with their STD results inside. But they were in love.

Thinking he had found an incredibly handsome John Holmes, Vic immediately scheduled your dude for his first live shoot later that same day with his number one contract girl, who shall remain nameless. The Legend showed up to makeup hard as a rock, and the makeup girl immediately gave him her number. Your Legend strutted out to the set like a peacock of a peacock had a 13 inch member.

Then the entire crew started trickling in. There must have been 10 dudes there. And the hot lights came on. And suddenly every drop of that gallon of blood rushed from The Legend’s massive tool into his other extremities. The director clicked that wooden contraption and yelled “ACTION!”

Regrettably, that **** shoot turned into a taffy pull. After your boy clumsily wasting an hour trying to shove a giant oversized marshmallow into a piggy bank slot, Vic walked over, punched me in the eye and told me to get my soft dyck off his set. He called the always reliable Danny DeMeato, who was on standby, and Danny did a solid workmanlike job as he always did.

Having said all that, you never what you really have until the director clicks that box and yells “ACTION!!!”
I believe you should be writing books my man.

Tvd has every physical trait you’d want but there was things I saw from Garcia that makes it a given he’ll be good. No doubt. Tvd could be better , there’s talent there to be a nfl qb. But it’s more unknown. Garcia was doing things that highlight tapes don’t show or can be taught. The only way I don’t see him being successful is if he gets the Kyle Wright treatment, having god awful ol that completely breaks him mentally, to where he’s paying attention more to what’s around him than what’s going on downfield. People forget Kyle was good his first year. By the end of his career he was shot.
garcia plays fast and the ball comes out of his hands fast and he looked great out there for sure. however tvd apparently has had a great spring maybe even better according to barry jackson. i would give tvd a chance before i pass over him. this has the potential to be one of those situations where you give the job to garcia, tvd transfers and goes on to be a first round pick.

I admittedly wasn’t blown away by the junior year highlights either. I didn’t really get the hype but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt for two reasons. Firstly, we didn’t have a quarterback in the class at all so I figured signing Garcia was better than signing nobody. Secondly, Rhett Lashlee totally honed in on this guy for a reason. He said “that’s the kid I want and I don’t care if he’s committed to USC, I’m chasing him until he signs a LOI”. Especially when everyone else was questioning why they were going so hard after a pocket passer type. It’s obvious that Lashlee likes his game and thinks he can really make the offense work.

His footwork is already top level. He’s been coached really well. He’s got good touch and nice accuracy. Not a cannon but plenty of arm. I will say that he’s still a tick slow in making decisions and getting the ball out but that’s 100% a product of him getting his first taste of the college game. The kid should still be in high school so the game is probably a bit too fast for him but that will come. Is he ready to start against Alabama? Not really. Could he become an All Conference type of guy in 2022? Absolutely but we’ll have to see how well he handles the live ammunition

I'm no fan of Wiggins, but that was a catch. I've never understood why both Wiggins and Pope are such slump-shouldered idiots when dealing with the refs. Those two dipsh!tes just jog away, never making their cases for pass interference or possession to the refs.

That was a catch, Wiggins never left his feet, he had possession all the way, and the ball popped out when he was on the ground. Instead of making that case to the ref, he just flopped around on the ground in frustration.

It did look like he had possession until he hit the ground. So maybe overturned if reviewed. But it looks like he is still dealing with the mental part of it and putting more pressure on himself- which may be a good or bad thing. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Back