Garcia ineligible.

Anybody knows how many HS games he has actually played for his career.
Seems like he has loss quite a bit due to injuries, transfers and being a backup.
So where all the hype is coming from camps?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shane Buechele did pretty well for Lashlee and he's hardly what someone would consider an electric athlete
Buechelle is Vick compared to Garcia. Shane is a 4.6-4.7 guy, you had to at least respect the threat. Garcia is a 4.99 kid , he’s a statue. With nothing about him that stands out. Nothing. From height , to arm to athletic ability. I’ve always thought he was severely overrated.

Advertisement
Dumb decision to talk to ESPN. Doubt it was the kid’s idea because he didn’t say much in the story.

Feel bad for him. His school got busted for an eligibility scandal, he transferred, California canceled football, he transferred again, and now this issue.
Bring him to South FL.

Advertisement
Having him in this offense would completely take away the run /zone read threat. Which takes away a good bit of the playbook. On top of that nothing about this kid blows me away.

Lashlee didn't have any problems scheming to Shane Buecheles strengths. Why would any elite OC pigeon hole themselves into only recruiting mobile guys.

And yes i would prefer a mobile QB this cycle, just more importantly we need to make sure we land a QB this cycle or snipe the portal again.

Advertisement
everyone on this staff has been quieter than a 12 year old jerking in the bathroom about qb recruiting and I doubt they will pop off on twatter after the Marshall BS.
Manny has to be up to some wild sht imo.

Advertisement
Having him in this offense would completely take away the run /zone read threat. Which takes away a good bit of the playbook. On top of that nothing about this kid blows me away.
I see people are bringing up the Buechele dude and I hope we don't fall into the trap that Malzahn did with Chris Todd. With what I've seen from Lashlee so far I'm going to trust/hope that we aren't really recruiting this kid too hard. Like you said, this offense seems to be at its best when you have a serious zone read threat. I know numerous people probably watched Auburn when Cam Newton was there, but that thing was humming like **** for two seasons with Nick Marshall at QB also.

His whole vibe/story feels very Tate Martell’ish. Pass.

From watching his only game at Valdosta, he was more blue collar than I expected. Tough kid who knew where to go with the football and didn't talk too much.

That doesn't mean he won't be a bust, but I didn't get those Kevin Olsen/Tate Martell vibes in terms of personality.

Advertisement
Back