Garcia ineligible.

Advertisement
Lashlee didn't have any problems scheming to Shane Buecheles strengths. Why would any elite OC pigeon hole themselves into only recruiting mobile guys.

And yes i would prefer a mobile QB this cycle, just more importantly we need to make sure we land a QB this cycle or snipe the portal again.

There’s a good portion of malzahns scheme to Laslees offense, a statue would be a horrible fit. Why bring somebody in that cuts a quarter of your playbook off ? The qb run threat is what makes it go. Malzahn learned the hard way with bringing in a statue. It’s a square peg into a circular hole.

Everyone is talking buechelle but he’s at least a threat, a pretty **** good athlete. Btw buechelle wasn’t a recruit or Lashlees choice.

At smu Lashlee was running more air raid ( dykes o) than what he’s running here. There’s air raid principles but Lashlee will always depend on the power run ( which we’ve seen). The zone read being a big part. The power run being the engine to this o. It makes no sense to bring in a statue that imo isn’t that good anyways. There’s better lower rated options out there.

and his parents legally separated! What a joke. This is a red flag on this kid. I think we should stay away.

How is that a red flag? If his parents had to do that for him to play, than good for them. They sacrificed for their kid and he wanted to play bad enough that he moved across the country. I’m betting on the kid that did everything he could to play, before one that decided oh well guess I won’t have a season this year.

I want a QB who can sling it good. Its great to have run threat, but only if they can throw as well and can read the defenses or we end up with that guy from Virginia.

Btw does Van Dyke have any chance of being good here? He is big as ****, remind of the Klein guy from K State a little while back. In any case the transfer rules have been a blessing overall. U can snatch kids from bum programs and bring them in immediately if they see opportunities

Advertisement
There’s a good portion of malzahns scheme to Laslees offense, a statue would be a horrible fit. Why bring somebody in that cuts a quarter of your playbook off ? The qb run threat is what makes it go. Malzahn learned the hard way with bringing in a statue. It’s a square peg into a circular hole.

Everyone is talking buechelle but he’s at least a threat, a pretty **** good athlete. Btw buechelle wasn’t a recruit or Lashlees choice.

At smu Lashlee was running more air raid ( dykes o) than what he’s running here. There’s air raid principles but Lashlee will always depend on the power run ( which we’ve seen). The zone read being a big part. The power run being the engine to this o. It makes no sense to bring in a statue that imo isn’t that good anyways. There’s better lower rated options out there.

The "not duel threat" QB talent pool is probably north of 50%. You can't eliminate 50% of the talent pool for less than 20% of the playbook. Quick read mobile Qb's who are accurate don't grow on trees. Lashlee signed on to coach here when the only truly mobile QB on the roster was Tate.

I'm just talking theory here, not the particular player in question.

From watching his only game at Valdosta, he was more blue collar than I expected. Tough kid who knew where to go with the football and didn't talk too much. That doesn't mean he won't be a bust, but I didn't get those Kevin Olsen/Tate Martell vibes in terms of personality.
Haven’t watched him play tbh.. just going off extra curriculars. I’d be looking at Arizona St if I were him.

Advertisement
The "not duel threat" QB talent pool is probably north of 50%. You can't eliminate 50% of the talent pool for less than 20% of the playbook. Quick read mobile Qb's who are accurate don't grow on trees. Lashlee signed on to coach here when the only truly mobile QB on the roster was Tate.

I'm just talking theory here, not the particular player in question.
Tbh I’d roll with another transfer like OU. After king we should have pick of the litter.

Advertisement
Buechelle is Vick compared to Garcia. Shane is a 4.6-4.7 guy, you had to at least respect the threat. Garcia is a 4.99 kid , he’s a statue. With nothing about him that stands out. Nothing. From height , to arm to athletic ability. I’ve always thought he was severely overrated.
Is he basically Brad Kaaya?

Advertisement
Lashlee didn't have any problems scheming to Shane Buecheles strengths. Why would any elite OC pigeon hole themselves into only recruiting mobile guys.

And yes i would prefer a mobile QB this cycle, just more importantly we need to make sure we land a QB this cycle or snipe the portal again.
Give me the kid who consistently processes information quickly, remembers everything and is calm under pressure over the combine warriors every time.

What do NFL all-pro quarterbacks have in common? They’ve got it together between the ears

Not saying I’m immune to being enamored by height, “arm talent”, and all of the other things we like to get excited about.. I’ve been fooled. Latest example was Jarren Williams haha

Having him in this offense would completely take away the run /zone read threat. Which takes away a good bit of the playbook. On top of that nothing about this kid blows me away.
I agree with the first part of the take Cribby. However, if we're being fair, Lashlee just ran a Top 10 Offense in 2019 with a true pocket passing QB. I think Lashlee can execute his O with either or. I like the Garcia kid, but at this point, with him not flipping yet, I'm almost ready to move on. I've always said the kid D. Davis that committed to Auburn was the ideal fit for us. Not sure if he's a realistic option for us though.

Advertisement
Back