Garcia ineligible.

I won't dive into whether the people making the decision were marxists (this whole thing seems more aligned with fascist ideology, frankly), but IMO this had more to do with personal vendettas and petty rivalries between coaches. Coach Propst is not exactly the most popular guy in the Georgia HS coaching fraternity, and a lot of people want to see him fail.

The whole thing feels like a hit job on Coach Propst by the GHSA and the coaches who levied complaint. And if a kid from California gets caught up in it and loses his senior year of eligibility, then that's just acceptable collateral damage to them. He's not "one of us" anyway.

I'm no fan of Rush Propst, but endangering a kid's future and taking away HS football from him during his senior year is a pathetic and embarrassing move. The adults making that decision should all be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are capable of it.
This 100% correct. Garcia would still be eligible if Propst wasn’t his coach, he’s been a headache for GHSA ever since he got to Colquit.

Advertisement
This has to be made up. Graham(OC) and USC aren’t a perfect fit. They wouldn’t have this reassurance at USC.
This was my thought, too. No guarantees anywhere, never mind 2 years. Although after seeing USC's schedule this morning, if they get past the first game they should do well...

So basically you're in favor of open recruiting? That's why rules like this are in place, otherwise nobody would give a care about players moving about.

Im in favor of an individual's right to choice and overall freedom. People move all the time to put their kids into a better school district. Should those kids be ruled academically ineligible? If a kid's best chance at a sports scholarship and maybe a chance at a professional sports contract is to move to another district then so be it. Its not for some random governmental body to inject their subjective enforcement into people's lives.

Exactly, if Lashlee thought he was the guy, he would have played him more in the 4th quarter. His HS tape against underwelming Connecticut competition was 3* and that's what he is.
I really really liked his HS tape......his arm strength and ball placement in particular, both in the pocket and on the run.

He may have played underwhelming Connecticut competition but his offensive talent was in line with that comp.....so you have to look solely at the personal skill of the player.

Advertisement
Im in favor of an individual's right to choice and overall freedom. People move all the time to put their kids into a better school district. Should those kids be ruled academically ineligible? If a kid's best chance at a sports scholarship and maybe a chance at a professional sports contract is to move to another district then so be it. Its not for some random governmental body to inject their subjective enforcement into people's lives.

That would be allowed.

What him and his family did was fake a break to play ball. Come seasons end, back to their home and his school choice. They were knowingly trying to play the system.

I really really liked his HS tape......his arm strength and ball placement in particular, both in the pocket and on the run.

He may have played underwhelming Connecticut competition but his offensive talent was in line with that comp.....so you have to look solely at the personal skill of the player.
I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I think he does, but it's not at the level we need it to be after King and we can't wait 2 to 3 years for him to develop into maybe a pretty good QB. Now.Garcia on the other hand is elite right off the bat and will win us a natty if he comes and I've said for months I think he's coming.

Keep telling you guys King is coming back so use that scholarship on an olineman,CB or LBer and get a top guy next year.
King will be taking snaps when we take the field against Bama..book it

Advertisement
That would be allowed.

What him and his family did was fake a break to play ball. Come seasons end, back to their home and his school choice. They were knowingly trying to play the system.
They were trying to play a football season. They were simply going through the stupid motions of a stupid system.

Garcia filed for reinstatement this week and was denied. To his credit, he's on the sideline tonight and encouraging the Valdosta team during the game. Looks like he will finish the semester there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back