Garcia ineligible.

From a human interest standpoint this is horrible story. A bunch of public sector bureaucrats chose to put a hard working young man's future at risk merely to flex their power.

Simply put, If one of his parents has a residence in the district and is paying rent & utilities then he should be 100% eligible to play. The kid was a high profile target at a high profile HS program. The marxist fcuks who made that decision should all be relieved of their duties.

BTW - I wasnt all that high on the kid as a recruit either but again, to me the human interest component is more compelling IMO.

I won't dive into whether the people making the decision were marxists (this whole thing seems more aligned with fascist ideology, frankly), but IMO this had more to do with personal vendettas and petty rivalries between coaches. Coach Propst is not exactly the most popular guy in the Georgia HS coaching fraternity, and a lot of people want to see him fail.

The whole thing feels like a hit job on Coach Propst by the GHSA and the coaches who levied complaint. And if a kid from California gets caught up in it and loses his senior year of eligibility, then that's just acceptable collateral damage to them. He's not "one of us" anyway.

I'm no fan of Rush Propst, but endangering a kid's future and taking away HS football from him during his senior year is a pathetic and embarrassing move. The adults making that decision should all be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are capable of it.

Advertisement
Dumb decision to talk to ESPN. Doubt it was the kid’s idea because he didn’t say much in the story.

Feel bad for him. His school got busted for an eligibility scandal, he transferred, California canceled football, he transferred again, and now this issue.
Perfect fit for the U

From a human interest standpoint this is horrible story. A bunch of public sector bureaucrats chose to put a hard working young man's future at risk merely to flex their power.

Simply put, If one of his parents has a residence in the district and is paying rent & utilities then he should be 100% eligible to play. The kid was a high profile target at a high profile HS program. The marxist fcuks who made that decision should all be relieved of their duties.

BTW - I wasnt all that high on the kid as a recruit either but again, to me the human interest component is more compelling IMO.

OH, bs. He skirted the rules and knowingly did so. At least his parents did. Otherwise they would've just moved there, paid rent and utilities, and not gotten their fake separation.

His future is hardly at risk, in fact nothing has changed besides where he's now sleeping at night.

He was brought in as a merc. Simple as that. I'm not mad at him, but for all their opponents doing it the right way, this is the just result.

I won't dive into whether the people making the decision were marxists (this whole thing seems more aligned with fascist ideology, frankly), but IMO this had more to do with personal vendettas and petty rivalries between coaches. Coach Propst is not exactly the most popular guy in the Georgia HS coaching fraternity, and a lot of people want to see him fail.

The whole thing feels like a hit job on Coach Propst by the GHSA and the coaches who levied complaint. And if a kid from California gets caught up in it and loses his senior year of eligibility, then that's just acceptable collateral damage to them. He's not "one of us" anyway.

I'm no fan of Rush Propst, but endangering a kid's future and taking away HS football from him during his senior year is a pathetic and embarrassing move. The adults making that decision should all be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are capable of it.

That's great insight into the politics of this situation. Thank you for that input.

Advertisement
OH, bs. He skirted the rules and knowingly did so. At least his parents did. Otherwise they would've just moved there, paid rent and utilities, and not gotten their fake separation.

His future is hardly at risk, in fact nothing has changed besides where he's now sleeping at night.

He was brought in as a merc. Simple as that. I'm not mad at him, but for all their opponents doing it the right way, this is the just result.

No Fly Zone's post (#122) above gives some insight into the political aspect of this case. Quite frankly, Ive never looked into the specifics of this case nor seen the ESPN story. I'm working on the understanding that the kid and his mother moved into the district and are living there now.

Im of the opinion that its not the business of any governmental agency what people do within the bounds of their marriage. The idea that a bunch of bureaucrats would factor someone's marital situation into this decision is an absolute overreach IMO. They live in the district and pay utilities there. Given that, I see this as a politically motivated move, plain and simple.

Having him in this offense would completely take away the run /zone read threat. Which takes away a good bit of the playbook. On top of that nothing about this kid blows me away.
I don't care as long as we photocopy Lashleee's play cheat..**** Cooney could run it. I just want the plays and keep the tempo. MD should have his QB pick off the litter. D.King is gonna have a great year.

No Fly Zone's post (#122) above gives some insight into the political aspect of this case. Quite frankly, Ive never looked into the specifics of this case nor seen the ESPN story. I'm working on the understanding that the kid and his mother moved into the district and are living there now.

Im of the opinion that its not the business of any governmental agency what people do within the bounds of their marriage. The idea that a bunch of bureaucrats would factor someone's marital situation into this decision is an absolute overreach IMO. They live in the district and pay utilities there. Given that, I see this as a politically motivated move, plain and simple.

So basically you're in favor of open recruiting? That's why rules like this are in place, otherwise nobody would give a care about players moving about.

Advertisement
Yeah, I wanted to SEE TVD, but they didn't play him.
Did you maybe think it has something to do with him being a freshman and not needing to play him until he has a full grasp of the playbook? Or maybe they want him to get bigger because he was still pitching as of December and still has a baseball frame? You know? Normal stuff freshmen go through?

Or you can look up the plethora of articles where Lashlee/staff raves about him and his skill level.

Did you maybe think it has something to do with him being a freshman and not needing to play him until he has a full grasp of the playbook? Or maybe they want him to get bigger because he was still pitching as of December and still has a baseball frame? You know? Normal stuff freshmen go through?

Or you can look up the plethora of articles where Lashlee/staff raves about him and his skill level.
Did it ever occur to you that we have Alabama 1st game next year and he needs real game reps. He's most probably not getting into Clemson, Pitt, VT, NC and who knows about the others. They could have scripted a few plays for him and got him in for a series or two being up by 40 pts.

Advertisement
Did it ever occur to you that we have Alabama 1st game next year and he needs real game reps. He's most probably not getting into Clemson, Pitt, VT, NC and who knows about the others. They could have scripted a few plays for him and got him in for a series or two being up by 40 pts.
So you’re worried about a game a year from now where we’ll probably have another QB transfer? That’s your rationale?

You’re retarded.

Advertisement
From a long time poster on Canesport, fwiw -

"#1 issue keeping Garcia from pulling the trigger is his camp needs reassurance that Lashlee will be here at least 2 years."
This has to be made up. Graham(OC) and USC aren’t a perfect fit. They wouldn’t have this reassurance at USC.

Advertisement
Back