Garcia Decommits!!

Kosi was not good in HS. He was playing backyard QB in his highlights...running around and chucking it deep, praying his WRs came down with it. It would've been a huge surprise to me if he succeeded in college. And those were his **** highlights.
he was better moving cause the comp wasnt ACC comp as well, he was doing what u were saying but doing it better. Dude was getting grabbed and caught in college though. That little escapability was gone

Advertisement
Thank u bro, im not a mope but I go with it cause Im not going to argue with these dudes. I try to look at my Canes as an outsider with no loyalty so I can see straight. I try to be honest

You are the undisputed king of the mopes.

But I’d have your back as a true Canes fan all day long.

he was better moving cause the comp wasnt ACC comp as well, he was doing what u were saying but doing it better. Dude was getting grabbed and caught in college though. That little escapability was gone

I agree. The issue I had was he had no concept of really how to play QB. He was hustling around with eyes down, then pops his eyes up and chucks it. It wasn't good football, but everyone was enamored with the big arm and some pseudo-wheels.

Look, I think you are pretty good about being objective with the Canes, but I feel like you aren't giving Garcia a fair shake due to a bit of confirmation bias based on our past few QBs. This kid isn't Kaaya after watching his film...not even close. He can move more than enough to be successful. He also isn't King, but you do not have to be. In fact, alot of offenses can be better with a guy that makes quick reads and gets the ball out from the pocket. Lashlee's is one of em. I try and not get too caught up in thinking we need a specific type of QB to be successful...

Parkview is still good and still alive in the playoffs. But Parkview plays the game by the books and attracts kids from within their county. They can’t compete with Grayson which is bringing in kids from all over Georgia and apparently, California. Parkview was never in the game. Of course starting a sophmore quarterback didn’t help against Grayson.
Parkview was the powerhouse back when I was at Grayson. Grayson was also a much different school back then, but you're right. Grayson has changed their game now. We only had a couple D1 players during my time there, now there's 5+ every year. Parkview still has talent though too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looks 🔥 in those highlights to me. Take all day. Dual threat my ***, this kid can throw. I wouldn’t be upset if we saw less read option as a result of landing this kid.

look if you got a beast o-line, elite Wr, elite RB then you don’t need your QB to run to win games. If they at least can move around and get a few yards when needed that’s enough.

How much does Trask, Mac Jones, Tua run? All are/have been elite college QBs over the last couple years. You bring this kid in and let him compete with TVD. Lashlee will have more/better options next year when he can actually go out and scout hopefully with Covid vaccines coming.

yea we all want the next Cam Newton but sometimes those kids don’t want to come here. If Garcia wants to come here and compete you bring him in. This is a win/win situation if he comes.

Advertisement
Give me a QB who's "above averageness" is primarily between his ears any day
This..

Accurate arm with above average arm strength and the smarts to be a coach on the field.

Manage the game and put the ball in the hands of play makers...How we did it during our better years.

Oh...If the next Marino, Lawrence, Rodgers, or whoever comes along scrap the above.

Advertisement
It also seems like he's a guy who can rally the locker room. Garcia has been "inserted" as the starting QB on two teams where there already was a local kid who worked his way up. That can't have been easy. While it's hard to know what went on behind the scenes, it sure looks like he's managed to earn the trust of the guys on the field. A few times last night I noticed him direct guys on where to be. Those leadership qualities are what we previously lacked before this season when we got King. If he should commit to the Canes, I think he brings a lot to the table.

Advertisement
Back