Garcia Decommits!!

Advertisement
Bingo. He looks good on paper, but so did Sitkowski & Olsen. Right now; all he has to do is hand off, and then hit a wide open RPO from time to time b/c the def is so focused on Grayson’s RB. He’s not put up elite HS #’s, even in Cali against a weakened division, where again, his team was stacked (due to academic violations that allowed kids who weren’t supposed to be on the team, play).

Neither Sitowski nor Olsen looked good on paper, with Sitowski looking horrific. The only thing Sit looked good at is in shorts... I’m not sure what Olson looked good at, he was horrible in the all star game

Bingo. He looks good on paper, but so did Sitkowski & Olsen. Right now; all he has to do is hand off, and then hit a wide open RPO from time to time b/c the def is so focused on Grayson’s RB. He’s not put up elite HS #’s, even in Cali against a weakened division, where again, his team was stacked (due to academic violations that allowed kids who weren’t supposed to be on the team, play).
His numbers are way better than Sitkowski. Olsen is a fair comparison but he appears to have a better attitude. I still remember Olsen pouting like a baby at the Under Armour Game. The stud players like James Williams and Romello Brinson seem to respect and like Garcia.

Advertisement
Serious question. I’ve seen people saying he’s not that good, quite a few people, but how does somebody who’s not that good get such a high ranking? Is it because he does well at camps?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He's grown on me. I like that he separated his parents and moved from California to rural Georgia just to play football. He didn't need the offers or the ranking.

TVD is more talented but Garcia is smart, tough and accurate. Let them compete and may the best man win. I like the Portal for a star like King but we don't need journeymen.
That would be good except for the fact that he has shown he wants to play. Meaning he is a strong transfer candidate if he isn't starting soon.

He's grown on me. I like that he separated his parents and moved from California to rural Georgia just to play football. He didn't need the offers or the ranking.

TVD is more talented but Garcia is smart, tough and accurate. Let them compete and may the best man win. I like the Portal for a star like King but we don't need journeymen.
I would never advocate for a journeyman either. There will be a star available, and I’d hate to miss out because we took an average HS QB who is behind a RS freshman who is better than he is.

Kid reminds me a little of Ian Book.

As much as I like the idea of sticking to recruiting dual threat QBs, could definitely do a lot worse than this kid, gotta stack chips, especially at the QB position. Have to hit on a good one at least every few classes.

Advertisement
Neither Sitowski nor Olsen looked good on paper, with Sitowski looking horrific. The only thing Sit looked good at is in shorts... I’m not sure what Olson looked good at, he was horrible in the all star game
U misremember, my friend. Young K Olsen was the starting QB at the UA All American game & was heralded as our savior.

Pick...excuse me, Sitkowski was highly, HIGHLY rated. Nike Opening raved about him. Dude had big nuts & transferred to IMG so he could face even BETTER competition, and then...........well, he became Pickowski. Lol.

Advertisement
Yeah; he don’t have to do much at Grayson. Wow, they are absolutely loaded! Sheesh.

He’s only avg. 13 pass attempts/g now at a shade under 60% in completion. We should take him b/c we need QB comp, and hopefully he can sit behind TVD & get tutelage. But I’m going to assume, he wants to start immediately wherever he goes, and I’m just not sure he’s the goods like that.
He transferred there midseason

His numbers are way better than Sitkowski. Olsen is a fair comparison but he appears to have a better attitude. I still remember Olsen pouting like a baby at the Under Armour Game. The stud players like James Williams and Romello Brinson seem to respect and like Garcia.
Oh D; I wasn’t saying or trying to compare him to Arthur. I’m just saying we (well some of ya’ll) were hyped about us getting his commitment b/c they saw the premature 247 rating on here v. actually seeing him play. They had no choice but to see him play once he went to IMG, and he plummeted during his Sr yr there.

I’m just cautioning don’t fall for the 4 star hype. He’s a decent prospect, but I think 247 has him too high. He hasn’t been in position to toss the rock since his Norbonne days. He’s more game manager than game changer like King.

Advertisement
Back