Game2 overreactions porst

We ran it 50 times and passed it 30 time and we didnt run a hurry up...... Thats why yall mad. I'm not worried abou the offense its the dam defense.

Advertisement
Lol at fans of various teams on other sites laughing at the Mario specials. Laughing about tvd being ruined by Mario already. Shooketh

Your first mistake was listening to anyone on this board lol If you just looked up any previous team coached by Mario, you would have seen a 55/45 rush/pass ratio and noticed that Gattis was 60/40 last year as the Broyles winner
Gattis and Mario said it themselves, but yeah I never believed it. A Broyles Winner wouldn’t waste a talent like van dyke and run the ball 60% of the time Right? We will regress on offense with this man and his hallowed broyles award

Last edited:
Pluses and minus. Just got back from the game. Wins are wins, I called for us to go 10-2. Said we would split the two big games and lose to another team we so called have more talent than. Not changing my prognosis on that.

The offensive struggles were perpetuated by TVD not looking for the WRs. Southern Miss loaded the box to stop us running, the matchups were on the outside. Was pointing it out to my wife at the game. We won't get away with that v better teams. Good thing was we kept running it decently. That's also a plus to keep running it when we want to and need to.

The defense is fine. We gonna give up plays, we are not elite. We have fixed the run fits and that's the key for me. I'm not here trying to pump sunshine but most of what I expect to happen is pretty much unfolding the way I thought. What I didn't expect is TVD not going through his progression and making the right reads. He needs to give the WR a chance to make plays, he is not doing it.

Also give Flagg his credit, he played well and is where he needs to be and is a key reason we are lined up properly to defend the run plays especially

Did you want the team to call more plays with a quarterback who wasn't good? Were you aware that TVD was outplayed by the starting QB of Southern Miss? Did you factor that at all into any of these posts?
Yes I did, 8.7 yds per pass play vs 3.5 yards per rush…are you aware that 8.7 is more than double 3.5? did you factor that into your post ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not seeing the TVD hype right now....he stands in the pocket like a old statue ready to get knocked down by a bulldozer... took sacks he didn't need to take ... Better start improvising or Garcia might be forced in due to injury.....the DBs are playing soft Ivey and Blades are scared to tackle...Porter is what I thought was coming in... Tyrique lazy mindset causes him to get burnt....Scaife and Oluwasuen will likely get pushed back next week.....Rivers doesn't stick with his man long enough....Clark isn't very strong either.... we are trying to pound the rock with a pass blocking line ..WRs didn't look bad but they still need lots of work ....Flagg is starting because Johnson gets lost in the shuffle....

LT is playing like a beast....Jackson is getting through but can't find the football.... Agude doesn't know how to use his hands to fight off blocks... haven't seen him make one play yet lol....

Harvey takes wrong angles that cause him to chase down plays....Litchenstien and Moultre played well but still need to be more consistent...Curtis should be on offense playing slot....I'm not going criticize him for getting scorched ...

Ivey is complete 🗑️ like I've tried to tell these message board coaches....for some reason sfla biased fans keep giving him chances...y'all trusted a new overrated db coach over what seem like a decade of (game time) "horrific" eye tests smh ...if you know DB talent it's easy to see his feet get stuck to the phuckin ground like he's wearing cement shoes...

Like what i saw from Thad today....needs to stop trying to juke and just drop his shoulder against smaller DBs....they will eventually move out his way....Parish tries his best to be that guy....can't really say anything bad about him he's a gamer.... Knighton is rusty hope Gattis doesn't waist his talent between the tackles.....I could keep going all day criticizing performances....but some of the blame has to be on the staff for not having them prepared....

Last edited:
I rewatched the first half offensive plays. SMiss' defensive gameplan was basically to take away the deep ball with two deep safeties on every play(mixed with some cover 3 and quarters looks). By now, opposing DCs know how efficient TVD is with the deep passes. They will make him prove that he can consistently get the ball to his underneath receivers
2 deep safeties should benefit our running game though, and it didn’t.

Advertisement
TVD not going through his Progressions won’t work at College Station. I don’t care if App State blanks them the rest of the game.

Yes I did, 8.7 yds per pass play vs 3.5 yards per rush…are you aware that 8.7 is more than double 3.5? did you factor that into your post ?
Oooooh I get it now. You haven't been watching football for very long.

That's cool, man. You're doing great.

Hint: Sacks are a pass play that count as negative RUSHING yards.

So far this season? Talk about overreaction! TVD played very well last week, so that leaves one game this season where he had an off day.. "so far this season"
I’m just keeping it real, brother. I don’t sugarcoat things, and have never been one to slurp any of our previous HC.

@Liberty City El was spot on with his concerns when he gave us his thoughts on the hiring of Gattis earlier this year.

Advertisement
We were hiding all the offense in preparation to next week?

Defenses slow start due to saving energy for next week?

Pretty sure we good😳

TVD not going through his Progressions won’t work at College Station. I don’t care if App State blanks them the rest of the game.
He is showing all the signs of a QB just getting used to a new O. He had wide open guys on multiple plays...he is just not seeing them...yet. Hopefully yet.

Advertisement
I said gattis and steele were terrible hires and got banned for it. Everyone was all homer because Cristobal hired them.

Both are not good fits for miami.

Oooooh I get it now. You haven't been watching football for very long.

That's cool, man. You're doing great.

Hint: Sacks are a pass play that count as negative RUSHING yards.
oh I get it, you’re new to math. Take away the 4 sacks and 20 yds lost, and our ypc is still only 4.2. Is that more than 8.7 now? Are you impressed ?

Advertisement
Back