*** GAME EATS THREAD ***

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
Thought this would be a cool idea. Post pics of whatever you're indulging in during the game.

For me, two personal pies from the local brick oven pizzeria. First one is margarita - half plain, half chicken cutlet and broccoli. Second one is classic NY style with peppers and onions.

82HjQK1.jpg

vu4Vpqm.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had a publix ultimate: salt, pepper, oregano, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, jalepeno, green pepper onion, mayo and mustard.

I'll munch on some pretzels and I'm 2 deep into a 6 pack for the afternoon.

Going to celebrate with some peanut m&ms, my favorite.

Well this didn't quite work out the way I intended last time - probably because I posted it 15 minutes before kickoff - but let's give it another shot.

What are you guys eating today?

I'll be cooking up some ribs, churrasco, burgers and brats on the grill at the Rock.

Advertisement
Going to a new Mexican restaurant that just opened here in town. Everyone says its great. Traditional Mexican along with Texmex.
We have also got a brand new Japanese place that just opened. Supposed to be good. Never had sushi, so now I'm going to get a chance to finally try it. Probably go there during the intermission before the Fins game.
Any suggestions from sushi eaters? Like I said. Never had it before. I do like raw oysters, so I'm pretty sure I will like sushi?

I don't live in Miami anymore. If I did it would be tailgate food at the Rock!

Well this didn't quite work out the way I intended last time - probably because I posted it 15 minutes before kickoff - but let's give it another shot.

It was really a brilliant idea, shocked it didn't catch on, enjoy your pizza.

Advertisement

Lol that was from the FSU game.

Today I'm making baked ziti with crumbled hot Italian sausage in a homemade vodka sauce.

Advertisement
Tom Jenkins BBQ in Ft. Lauderdale before the game

Jenkins is good and all but how sad is it that there isn't a better BBQ joint down here

Jenkins catches a lot of flack but I gotta be honest...I've had bbq throughout the south, including a bunch of the famed places in Memphis and Kansas City ......and I'd put Jenkins right there with the best of them. Maybe I've just been lucky . Most of the complaints I usually hear are about the service .

I've heard Blue Willy's is pretty good but haven't been yet. Same with Fat Boyz and Mission in Davie. There are some great bbq trucks too. I think the bbq situation down here is probably a lot better than it was 10 years ago at least.

I'm making old fashioneds and grilling burgers with some fellow west coast Canes.

Today I'm making baked ziti with crumbled hot Italian sausage in a homemade vodka sauce.

not sure about the vodka sause withhot sasauge, but sounds like a wiener

Advertisement
Tom Jenkins BBQ in Ft. Lauderdale before the game

Jenkins is good and all but how sad is it that there isn't a better BBQ joint down here

Jenkins catches a lot of flack but I gotta be honest...I've had bbq throughout the south, including a bunch of the famed places in Memphis and Kansas City ......and I'd put Jenkins right there with the best of them. Maybe I've just been lucky . Most of the complaints I usually hear are about the service .

I've heard Blue Willy's is pretty good but haven't been yet. Same with Fat Boyz and Mission in Davie. There are some great bbq trucks too. I think the bbq situation down here is probably a lot better than it was 10 years ago at least.

Always enjoy Jenkins when I am down there. Agree, don't know why it gets a bad rap from some. Tom's Place back in the day, and before the big location was the best, but Jenkins is very good.

not sure about the vodka sause withhot sasauge, but sounds like a wiener

Trust me, it's delicious.

The spice of the sausage is diluted with all the other ingredients. If you use sweet you can barely taste it, hence why I use the hot.

Three bean beef chilli with corn bread, Apple crumb pie, publix ultimate subs, publix popcorn chicken, Hawaiian rolls, and home made rice crispy treats.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back