game day

Beverley has ELITE POTENTIAL as a full court man defender. We don’t have depth to try it but he has a future in the acc as an elite defender. Effort isn’t there yet though that’s forsure. He takes 10 possessions off for every 1 all out possession

Advertisement
Only good news is Jim is one game closer to being dismissed.
Is he? I’m skeptical Blake fires him if he wants to coach next year. It’s certainly possibly that each game watching this team makes him want to retire more....

I just can’t see Blake firing L. Maybe he ask him to change things up or retire but that even seems like a stretch.

We lose today and we are hands down the worst team in the ACC.

Advertisement
Is he? I’m skeptical Blake fires him if he wants to coach next year. It’s certainly possibly that each game watching this team makes him want to retire more....

It comes down to the remaining years of his contract and the wording on the payment of the money.
How much does he get paid if he retires compared to being fired?
Or do we see a mutually agree to part ways situation?
Does he retires like Mark Richt and decline the remaining money?

It comes down to the remaining years of his contract and the wording on the payment of the money.
How much does he get paid if he retires compared to being fired?
Or do we see a mutually agree to part ways situation?
Does he retires like Mark Richt and decline the remaining money?
Does any of that matter if Blake lacks the will to get rid of him? Is there any indication he wants to? I tend to agree with @Miami04 that a staff shakeup is best case unless L is just tired of losing.

If I were 71 and coming off being the target of an FBI investigation followed by three losing seasons I’d want to retire, but I’m not L.

Advertisement
I am not. James will have no choice. It appears there is a player revolt or at least apathy. You think the seniors are coming back for this ***** show if given a free year? I wouldn't be shocked if Timberlake and Wong enter the portal either. We would be lucky to draw 1k and maybe 20 students at Watsco if you could get in. As a matter of fact there would be more traveling team fans than ours. I usually come down for 4 games. Mercifully I cannot this year.

Does any of that matter if Blake lacks the will to get rid of him. Is there any indication he wants to? I tend to agree with @Miami04 that a staff shakeup is best case unless L is just tired of losing.

If I were 71 and coming off being the target of an FBI investigation and then three losing seasons I’d want to retire but I’m not L.

Coach L probably would want to find jobs for his assistant coaches before he leaves.
It is not about the wins or losses, I don't see the desire to teach and coach from Coach L.
It is going to be hard to give him another year after a third straight losing season.

I am not. James will have no choice. It appears there is a player revolt or at least apathy. You think the seniors are coming back for this ***** show if given a free year? I wouldn't be shocked if Timberlake and Wong enter the portal either. We would be lucky to draw 1k and maybe 20 students at Watsco if you could get in. As a matter of fact there would be more traveling team fans than ours. I usually come down for 4 games. Mercifully I cannot this year.
At this point I hope you’re right, or better I hope Jim takes it out of Blake’s hands and retires, but there aren’t big basketball donors to rattle the cages and ticket renewals don’t begin until April (not sure I’ll renew myself). The lack of attendance due to COVID delays a stressor to make Blake do something he probably doesn’t want to do.

Advertisement
L used to be active all game. Now he and his assistants just stand there like mannequins.
I noticed this years ago, and got torched on here for bringing it up. I really don't know what happened but the year of lonnie and them was first season I noticed the "I don't give a **** attitude"

Advertisement
At this point I hope you’re right, or better I hope Jim takes it out of Blake’s hands and retires, but there aren’t big basketball donors to rattle the cages and ticket renewals don’t begin until April (not sure I’ll renew myself). The lack of attendance due to COVID delays a stressor to make Blake do something he probably doesn’t want to do.
They need to fire James as well. No reason we are not in top 3rd in every sport we play in ACC. Women's soccer is embarrassingly bad.

Advertisement
Back