Game Could be Moved to Miami

:6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6::6fPS6:

Advertisement
Earliest it would hit would be midday Sunday. At the absolute earliest. If it even hits. Won’t affect the game.

Like I said, noon start, maybe. Friday night, not likely at all, but an outside chance.

Game will be played.

Don't think u understand the severity of this if it hit the panhandle. They aren't built for hurricanes like we are down here in Miami.

They need to prepare now... And with the distraction that'll be their excuse to move it. Legitimate excuse but owell is what it is

Any sort of intensity guidance right now can't be relied upon, and the NHC haven't issued any sort of "storm prediction", so I have no idea what you could be referring to. This storm hasn't even formed, it's a broad area of low pressure beginning to look like a tropical depression. The first NHC forecast will be issued at 11 AM EST. Like I said, we'll know more around tomorrow on any potential impacts.

West coast of florida should start monitoring, but any sort of decision to potentially move the game doesn't, and won't have to be made until later this week.

He's probably looking at that freak spaghetti model.
Like that the one that had Irma hitting Greenland.
That piece of pasta was lost.

Last edited:
They will move this game to Plant City before the move it to Miami....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this were to happen, it may not be bad for FSU. They'd likely demand our home game next year similar to the LSU/UF situation. They clearly aren't going places this season, why not take us at home next year.

You want Vtech and FSU away next season? It would disrupt the swap each year.

Until a couple of years ago, the VT and F$U games were on the same cycle. Wake up.

Advertisement
Earliest it would hit would be midday Sunday. At the absolute earliest. If it even hits. Won’t affect the game.

Like I said, noon start, maybe. Friday night, not likely at all, but an outside chance.

Game will be played.

Don't think u understand the severity of this if it hit the panhandle. They aren't built for hurricanes like we are down here in Miami.

They need to prepare now... And with the distraction that'll be their excuse to move it. Legitimate excuse but owell is what it is

Quit acting like this is Irma part 2.

This storm projects to make landfall as a weak Cat 1, and it's a pretty small storm. There is no need for mass evacuations. Sure, Tally might have some damage and lose power, but we're talking about 70-80 mph winds, and obviously no threat of storm surge.

They need like half a day to prepare

They will move this game to Plant City before the move it to Miami....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt game will be played in Tally. But there is presidence for such a move. Florida went to LSU two years ago instead of playing in Gainesville.

FSU would still have more than half the seats even it was moved the MIA.

This is the dumbest post on a board full of dumb posters. Go off yourself.

He's referring to ticket allotment.

Are you his lawyer? let him speak for himself.

If you actually read the entire thread you'd see I did explain that already. Except people on this board are such sensitive vaginas that don't read or think. Instead, jump the gun. I'm a longtime season ticket holder who goes to games. You can kiss my a$$ if you're too dumb to understand ticket allotment.

Move the game to Gainesville, its been a while since those guys have gotten to see some football.

Advertisement
If this were to happen, it may not be bad for FSU. They'd likely demand our home game next year similar to the LSU/UF situation. They clearly aren't going places this season, why not take us at home next year.

You want Vtech and FSU away next season? It would disrupt the swap each year.

Until a couple of years ago, the VT and F$U games were on the same cycle. Wake up.

Last time was 2012. That was 7 schedules ago. I'd call that a long time football scheduling wise. It's a lot more than a couple.

One way or another a Hurricane is coming to Trailerhasse, let's call this one Urquel, Ulysses or just plain []
[]__[], the.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They’d move the game to Friday before moving it to Miami

yes

If they move the game to Friday then they better make a decision immediately. Gonna have to jump on a plane tomorrow morning.

They aren't going to move the game to Friday. Can't recall a single time they've moved a game forward with an impending storm, though maybe someone could cite an example.

A more likely possibility would be moving the game's location.

In preparation of Irma, UCF moved Memphis game to Friday before it was cancelled. South Florida moved Illinois to Friday. Wait, my bad...you only asked for a single time

We don't want this game moved to Miami. This is the weakest FSU team in years. They will be much stronger next season offensively and we need that game in Miami. Not at Doak.

Advertisement

And we would say "no."

We're not giving up our home game next year. We're offering to let them use our stadium this year as a favor to them.

We don't want this game moved to Miami. This is the weakest FSU team in years. They will be much stronger next season offensively and we need that game in Miami. Not at Doak.

If it's in Miami this year, then that doesn't mean it can't be in Miami next year too. Just means the game will be in Miami two years in a row.

yes

If they move the game to Friday then they better make a decision immediately. Gonna have to jump on a plane tomorrow morning.

They aren't going to move the game to Friday. Can't recall a single time they've moved a game forward with an impending storm, though maybe someone could cite an example.

In preparation of Irma, UCF moved Memphis game to Friday before it was cancelled. South Florida moved Illinois to Friday. Wait, my bad...you only asked for a single time

USF vs Illinois was scheduled for Friday when the schedule came out. irma was 6 days before the USF Illinois game.

Advertisement

yes

USF/Illinois was played the following Friday.

Game will be played.

This storm projects to make landfall as a weak Cat 1, and it's a pretty small storm. There is no need for mass evacuations. Sure, Tally might have some damage and lose power, but we're talking about 70-80 mph winds, and obviously no threat of storm surge.

I didn't say anything about mass evacuations. How are Miami fans traveling back home if trees on roads and potentially flight delays? Or after the game Saturday driving straight home? Same for fsu fans.

What if no gas? You want to potentially lose power in a hotel?

Game will be played.

I didn't say anything about mass evacuations. How are Miami fans traveling back home if trees on roads and potentially flight delays? Or after the game Saturday driving straight home? Same for fsu fans.

What if no gas? You want to potentially lose power in a hotel?

You panicky bītches.

We won’t even know if this is even a significant storm, much less a cat 1 for 24/48 hrs. We also won’t even have a good idea of the general area it might hit for another 24/48 hours. On top of that, even if Tally gets a direct hit, it wouldn’t even be until mid-day Sunday or even much later.

Worst case scenario, game gets moved to noon, with a minuscule chance it gets moved to Friday if against all odd this little storm gets bigger and starts moving faster, which is considered very unlikely.

I hope some of you aren’t in positions of responsibility and critical decision making, because with your nervous and fragile dispositions, you’d do nothing but run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Game will be played. End of story.

I hope you’re not in a position of responsibility because it’s Wednesday. If any changes need to be made it’s best to make the call so there is time for adjustments. If you wait 48 hours then it’s already too late to say “Hey we should play the game tonight”

I am in a position of responsibility. You clearly aren’t.

Responsible people, especially leaders, don’t panic and start throwing out all kinds of potential scenarios without having good data, and good projections, neither of which we have now. There are some things we do know, and that is that no experts have said this has the potential to be anything catastrophic, which is why they are waiting for better data.

So according to your genius post, a decision should already have been made. Guess what? It hasn’t, by people that already have experience with this.

Advertisement
Back