Game Could be Moved to Miami

Lol at people saying “move this game to Miami”

They’ll play this game in the middle of the storm before they move it to Miami

Advertisement
If this were to happen, it may not be bad for FSU. They'd likely demand our home game next year similar to the LSU/UF situation. They clearly aren't going places this season, why not take us at home next year.

If this were to happen, it may not be bad for FSU. They'd likely demand our home game next year similar to the LSU/UF situation. They clearly aren't going places this season, why not take us at home next year.

You want Vtech and FSU away next season? It would disrupt the swap each year.

You want Vtech and FSU away next season? It would disrupt the swap each year.

it would disrupt the swap for one season. In 2019, their home game would stand and we would be back to normal. I'm not advocating for or against it and know nothing about the storm. Reality is, they arent just going to give up a home game without anything in return.

Advertisement
You panicky bītches.

We won’t even know if this is even a significant storm, much less a cat 1 for 24/48 hrs. We also won’t even have a good idea of the general area it might hit for another 24/48 hours. On top of that, even if Tally gets a direct hit, it wouldn’t even be until mid-day Sunday or even much later.

Worst case scenario, game gets moved to noon, with a minuscule chance it gets moved to Friday if against all odd this little storm gets bigger and starts moving faster, which is considered very unlikely.

I hope some of you aren’t in positions of responsibility and critical decision making, because with your nervous and fragile dispositions, you’d do nothing but run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Game will be played. End of story.

You panicky bītches.

We won’t even know if this is even a significant storm, much less a cat 1 for 24/48 hrs. We also won’t even have a good idea of the general area it might hit for another 24/48 hours. On top of that, even if Tally gets a direct hit, it wouldn’t even be until mid-day Sunday or even much later.

Worst case scenario, game gets moved to noon, with a minuscule chance it gets moved to Friday if against all odd this little storm gets bigger and starts moving faster, which is considered very unlikely.

I hope some of you aren’t in positions of responsibility and critical decision making, because with your nervous and fragile dispositions, you’d do nothing but run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

They are comparing it to Harvey the way it's intensifying. Decisions have to be made well in advance due to travel of the team, fans and citizens evacuating. It could completely veer out of the way and/weaken but schools and certain entities have to assume the worst.

Advertisement
You panicky bītches.

They are comparing it to Harvey the way it's intensifying. Decisions have to be made well in advance due to travel of the team, fans and citizens evacuating. It could completely veer out of the way and/weaken but schools and certain entities have to assume the worst.

Tallahassee isn’t built for hurricanes. Lots of oaks and powerlines are not buried.
We lost power for a week after Harvey. Lots of people had trees fall on homes.

I’ve lived in Miami, Tampa, and now Tallahassee.

A CAT 1 is a significant event here.

Earliest it would hit would be midday Sunday. At the absolute earliest. If it even hits. Won’t affect the game.

Like I said, noon start, maybe. Friday night, not likely at all, but an outside chance.

Game will be played.

Advertisement
Can we all just agree that we don't know how or if this storm will possibly affect our game?

You panicky bītches.

I hope you’re not in a position of responsibility because it’s Wednesday. If any changes need to be made it’s best to make the call so there is time for adjustments. If you wait 48 hours then it’s already too late to say “Hey we should play the game tonight”

Advertisement
I agree, too little is known about any potential impacts right now. We just have to continue to monitor.

Advertisement
Back