Game #2 of CCT: Florida 12:00 (ESPN2)

Advertisement
Lykes has regressed big time. Not that he was ever that good. He's a volume scorer who takes a ton of shots and can't play defense.
I’m not sure we can assess Lykes yet. He doesn’t look fully recovered from the leg injury he suffered preseason

Advertisement
Not gonna lie. I feel like we run a playground offense too much. Its rare to see us run through plays.
L and Staff don't have any plays besides a high ball screen. It is the epitome of BUSHLEAGUE basketball. We don't have a play to break a press. We don't have a play to attack a zone. We don't have any out of bounds sets. It's embarassing

I legit heard L tell the reporter yesterday that we run the same offense against zone or man LMAO. Are you F'ing kidding me coach. Get out of retirement and get this team prepared for all situations

Miller needs to get the ball down low, I know is not fashionable nowadays but too much dribbling in the perimeter and long contested shots.

Lykes gets double teamed on every pick and roll, it should be an easy alley oop or an open weakside three.

It frustrates me because people on this board think he is a good coach because of his past here and at GMason. He isn't the same coach now, he's lazy and for **** sure doesn't have quality (coaching) assistants

Advertisement
It frustrates me because people on this board think he is a good coach because of his past here and at GMason. He isn't the same coach now, he's lazy and for **** sure doesn't have quality (coaching) assistants

I agree. I've appreciated what he did here, but we're stuck in 2nd gear.

To have the guards we have and not attract a big man that could play this year is asinine.

Also the zone and man offense comment is scary.

Advertisement
L and Staff don't have any plays besides a high ball screen. It is the epitome of BUSHLEAGUE basketball. We don't have a play to break a press. We don't have a play to attack a zone. We don't have any out of bounds sets. It's embarassing

I legit heard L tell the reporter yesterday that we run the same offense against zone or man LMAO. Are you F'ing kidding me coach. Get out of retirement and get this team prepared for all situations
I hate to agree with you, but I do. It's almost like he's trying to out athlete people. The problem is, we aren't athletic enough to get by just on that. He asks his guards to make so many tough plays on the ball. There is rarely off the ball movement.

I hate to agree with you, but I do. It's almost like he's trying to out athlete people. The problem is, we aren't athletic enough to get by just on that. He asks his guards to make so many tough plays on the ball. There is rarely off the ball movement.
Trust me I don't want to have to trash the staff. But I know the game of basketball and can see well coached and well prepared teams. We haven't been that in a few years now.

Advertisement
You know how embarassing that is for a 4 year senior to turn it over like that on a weak press? Man oh man it's bad

Advertisement
Back