Game #2 of CCT: Florida 12:00 (ESPN2)

How many years left on Coach's current contract? When was he last extended? As for going in a different direction, I'd need to know who we might be able to sign who would be better.

I agree hiring Caputo would validate the thought that UM doesn't really care about improving things with the hoops program. I mean, Caputo I'm sure is knowlegeable enough and a decent/good recruiter. But ... let him get experience elsewhere first before considering him.

Advertisement
How many years left on Coach's current contract? When was he last extended? As for going in a different direction, I'd need to know who we might be able to sign who would be better.

I agree hiring Caputo would validate the thought that UM doesn't really care about improving things with the hoops program. I mean, Caputo I'm sure is knowlegeable enough and a decent/good recruiter. But ... let him get experience elsewhere first before considering him.

L is under contract through the 23-24 season

H

Lykes was the ONLY one who had a decent game against UF. The rest were all non-factors.
Lykes had more negative plays then positive ones like he always does. He will do 4 things to wow you and then have 9 negative plays. Not what you want from your point guard and supposed leader. If you watch him possession by possession he is a train wreck

Lykes had more negative plays then positive ones like he always does. He will do 4 things to wow you and then have 9 negative plays. Not what you want from your point guard and supposed leader. If you watch him possession by possession he is a train wreck

10000% and there is just no redeeming quality to a 5'4 guy who cant dribble by anybody, he has cute handle in front of the guy, but it takes him nowhere

Advertisement
I'm a Chris Lykes fan, but I am not very satisfied with his game right now. He has skills, but we just don't use him correctly. At his best, Lykes is a dribble drive guy, who is a threat in the lane, but NEEDS to dish the ball when he draws 2-3 opponents.

His ideal stat line is about 10-14 points AND 6-8 assists a game, with the latter just as important as the former. We need him to create easy shots around the paint for essentially everyone other than DJ, and DJ for the open 3.

I don't know where the blame lies, but I don't see any corrections to the same failed approach that we have continued to take this season (consistent with last season). For about 10 minutes in the Central Florida game, we seemed to have an offensive philosophy of penetrating to create pressure and open shots. Other than that, we don't seem to have any idea of what to do on offense.

We need to put Chris Lykes in against bigger guys, and let him use his athleticism to flip and flop every time a big man makes a move against him, drawing about 6-8 charges and other offensive fouls.

I'm telling you, if we would have put Lykes on Blackshear and let him do his acting thing, we would have had a chance.

I'm a Chris Lykes fan, but I am not very satisfied with his game right now. He has skills, but we just don't use him correctly. At his best, Lykes is a dribble drive guy, who is a threat in the lane, but NEEDS to dish the ball when he draws 2-3 opponents.

His ideal stat line is about 10-14 points AND 6-8 assists a game, with the latter just as important as the former. We need him to create easy shots around the paint for essentially everyone other than DJ, and DJ for the open 3.

I don't know where the blame lies, but I don't see any corrections to the same failed approach that we have continued to take this season (consistent with last season). For about 10 minutes in the Central Florida game, we seemed to have an offensive philosophy of penetrating to create pressure and open shots. Other than that, we don't seem to have any idea of what to do on offense.

I agree with your rational with Lykes. Unfortunately I believe that philosophy is best with him coming off the bench. Always have.

Advertisement
We don't have any starting ACC caliber players on the roster. Unfortunately Beverly, Walker, Wong and the other 2 recruits we're bringing in won't be really competitive for 2 years so unless somebody makes an unexpected jump in ability, this year is going to be a struggle every night.

We don't have any starting ACC caliber players on the roster. Unfortunately Beverly, Walker, Wong and the other 2 recruits we're bringing in won't be really competitive for 2 years so unless somebody makes an unexpected jump in ability, this year is going to be a struggle every night.

We have a solid roster for a mid-major. But you can see the talent issue when we play high major opposition.

We have a solid roster for a mid-major. But you can see the talent issue when we play high major opposition.

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just say we’re not giving our best players proper burn and we’re overplaying our low energy duo.

I bet these games would be closer if our low energy duo was on the bench.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back