Game #2 of CCT: Florida 12:00 (ESPN2)

Consigliere

All-American
[Updated Team Statistics ]

Game #2 of the Charleston Classic Tourney is against UF. Hopefully that alone gets our players going. Florida just beat St. Joes and is now 3-2. Keep in mind Kerry Blackshear only played ~5 minutes in that game. UF plays small and has 4 starters at 6'5 or smaller. UF doesn't score a lot of points 64.0 PPG (325th), they play okay defense 61.2 PPG (79th) and grab 38.6 RPG (161st). UF doesn't shoot a lot of 3PTs 101 attempts (177th) and doesn't hit a lot either 25.7% (323rd). UF has been playing poorly this year after their high pre-season ranking. For me, beating UF would be better than winning this CCT.

RPI: 80th (https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/rpi-ranking/rpi-rating-by-team)

BPI: 9th (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/view/overview/page/1)

SOS: 142nd

Who have they played:

Wins: St. Joes (2-3) [Won by 8], North Florida (4-2) [Won by 15] and Towson (2-3) [Won by 6]

Losses: @ UConn (3-1) [Lost by 2] and FSU (3-1) [Lost by 12]

Players to Watch: We all know Kerry Blackshear from VT. The last time we played against him he had 19 points and 10 rebounds. He is UF's Center and an atrocious match up for Rodney. This year, he averages 14.5 PPG and 11.0 RPG. Another name to watch is Keyontae Johnson. You may know him because, even though he's 6'5 and was a freshman, he was taking all of Keith Stone's burn (before Stone was injured) at the 4. Johnson averages 10.5 PPG and 5.5 RPGs.

Spread: TBD

Just win, baby.

photobomb.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I miss that 2013 team. Greatest we ever had.

I'll be shocked if we win this game. I'm rooting for sure of course. Cant stand the possibility of losing to the gators again.

Was Blackshear in foul trouble? If he plays over 30 minutes for UF tomorrow, he could easily go for 30 against us. I see UF went out strong like we did, then hung on at the end (again, like we had to), losing a double digit lead.

When things started to get tight for us today, I liked how Lykes leaned into a guy, drew the shooting foul, and sank two FTs. That sorta put a halt to that big run by MO ST. Need someone to step into that leadership role and was glad to see someone with the guts to do it.

Was Blackshear in foul trouble?

He played 5 minutes.

In the first half, he picked up a couple fouls in the first 3 minutes and sat the rest of the half.

In the second half, he elbowed a guy in the first two minutes and was ejected.

He is likely well rested and ready.

Advertisement
He played 5 minutes.

In the first half, he picked up a couple fouls in the first 3 minutes and sat the rest of the half.

In the second half, he elbowed a guy in the first two minutes and was ejected.

He is likely well rested and ready.

Will he miss the next game if he is ejected??

Advertisement
God I hate this but I don't see how we will defend against Blackshear...

Only way we win this is a) Rodney sacks up on defense and b) Lykes needs to put in 15+ points and shake off that poor shooting performance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back