Gaby Mock Class

Advertisement
Advertisement

He should be.

The Hecht is pumping sunshine out at Al Golden levels!

In a few weeks the ā€œhey, this guy made a leap over the summer!ā€ posts will start to roll in about guys in a depleted position.

Iā€™ve heard now from two different people that Josh Horton is on his way to getting significant snapsā€¦

ā€¦right.

He should be.

In a few weeks the ā€œhey, this guy made a leap over the summer!ā€ posts will start to roll in about guys in a depleted position.

Iā€™ve heard now from two different people that Josh Horton is on his way to getting significant snapsā€¦

ā€¦right.
Itā€™s Public relations at its finest. Marioā€™s system isnā€™t ā€œtight lipped with no info getting outā€

itā€™s ā€œspread the info we want out with the spin we provide youā€ and itā€™s becoming very obvious

Advertisement
He is, but to an extent he isnā€™t wrong. Guy is doing his job and not throwing in last second CBs like guys from other sites.
Heat comes with the territory. Like the old saying goes ā€œIf you canā€™t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.ā€ I honestly donā€™t subscribe to his site and only see what he posts from others on here.

I respect him being in this line of work. I'm sure at times it ain't easy..

BUT

The quality of his work is not good. From him hedging in his content, to how he talks on the podcast.

He's an amateur and acts like one through and through.
See, I see things different. He, and all those people in those recruiting sites, have leaked things in the past that have cost us program changing prospects. The writers not covering Miami have done it purposefully. Gaby is fed peanuts for a reason because he canā€™t be trusted.

He should be.

ā€¦right.
There are very few that I pay close attention to when they speak and all on this site. You being one of them. The rest I take with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
I think his mock was pie in the Sky but that said - itā€™s a mock - I think Gaby does a good job as a reporter and tries to be good at his job for certain. This is a really difficult environment to work in.

Iā€™m sure he has multiple sources but for certain, the team sources are feeding him very positive takes and heā€™s relaying it and basing some of his opinions on it Iā€™d assume.

I feel badly for him for having to deal with the posters the way he has to.

There are very few that I pay close attention to when they speak and all on this site. You being one of them. The rest I take with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, I am a propaganda piece as well. Thatā€™s just the truth of it.

The one thing Iā€™ll do here is share what I see in person (I still get to watch practice from time to time), and limit the amount of unreasonable sunshine that is provided to me.

Thatā€™s only sensible thing to do at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think his mock was pie in the Sky but that said - itā€™s a mock - I think Gaby does a good job as a reporter and tries to be good at his job for certain. This is a really difficult environment to work in.

Iā€™m sure he has multiple sources but for certain, the team sources are feeding him very positive takes and heā€™s relaying it and basing some of his opinions on it Iā€™d assume.

I feel badly for him for having to deal with the posters the way he has to.

If you post bad news, they call you a mope.

If you post good news, they call you a pumper.

If you put out a mock class, in the summer no less, and kids start to fall out, youā€™re a moron.

If you limit what you post, youā€™re a disconnected scrub.

I am a

The one thing Iā€™ll do here is share what I see in person (I still get to watch practice from time to time), and limit the amount of unreasonable sunshine that is provided to me.

People with connections were simply relaying what they learned from staff.

We missed on a bunch of targets. Now we landed Lightfoot. We really have no idea how all this is going to end overall so restraint in processing the information is probably a good plan.

If you post bad news, they call you a mope.

If you post good news, they call you a pumper.

If you put out a mock class, in the summer no less, and kids start to fall out, youā€™re a moron.

If you limit what you post, youā€™re a disconnected scrub.
Yeah, itā€™s a no win situation. I donā€™t know why any ā€œvolunteerā€ insiders say anything.

Well thatā€™s why most on here appreciate your opinion. The kool aid flows every single summer whether itā€™s recruiting or camp and every year posters fall for it. We need people to tell it to us straight because most posters will believe whatever and then run with it. Shout out to Cribby last year telling us about the WR room because we had posters arguing whether or not we had a top 10 room there.

Every single year itā€™s something and itā€™s always hysterical. Now there is nothing wrong with optimism, Iā€™d prefer optimism over pessimism but there has been very little to be objectively optimistic about for nearly two decades now. So we need posters like you to keep people grounded because if its all sunshine and BS, there are meltdowns when they donā€™t come to fruition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back