Gaby’s mock class

No way Johnson is the only RB and no way Bain is the only DT. In a few months there will be a bunch of new names no one knows right now.
Maybe not. Maybe they will hit the portal maybe they will go after Stanquan and take the commit. But people don’t have to see this and think we’re done. In all, I like adding at least 2 DTs Froom
High school. Or they might Consider Collins a potential DT considering he’s 6-7 255 right now. Calais Campbell showed up at Miami at 235

Advertisement
While I'd love the class, we need more bodies for interior DL and LB than what Gaby has listed. I'd be disappointed if that's all we get, even though the EDGE class would be absurd.

We're missing size up the middle. Only adding Bain in the interior would be a big miss, IMO.
I'm not worried about any positions. This is a new day in college football. Whatever you don't fill in high school recruiting, you can fill with the transfer portal.

I really believe the staff will leave positions vacant in the recruiting classes if they don't land the type of player they want. They're not going to fill will just anybody. We saw it in Mario's 1st class. Albeit, due to the lack of recruiting by Diaz, Mario only took 14 players in the classed and brought in over a dozen transfers.

In the future, I expect to land 85%-90% from high school recruits and the other 10%-15% from the portal.

Maybe not. Maybe they will hit the portal maybe they will go after Stanquan and take the commit. But people don’t have to see this and think we’re done. In all, I like adding at least 2 DTs Froom
High school. Or they might Consider Collins a potential DT considering he’s 6-7 255 right now. Calais Campbell showed up at Miami at 235
So did Sapp and Juaquin and Zion.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about any positions. This is a new day in college football. Whatever you don't fill in high school recruiting, you can fill with the transfer portal.

I really believe the staff will leave positions vacant in the recruiting classes if they don't land the type of player they want. They're not going to fill will just anybody. We saw it in Mario's 1st class. Albeit, due to the lack of recruiting by Diaz, Mario only took 14 players in the classed and brought in over a dozen transfers.

In the future, I expect to land 85%-90% from high school recruits and the other 10%-15% from the portal.

That's not an ideal scenario. We were all hoping that LB would be addressed in the Portal this year with several bodies, and the only guy we got is Caleb Johnson.

You NEED to stack bodies at all positions to build championship depth. The program is simply not in a position to "leave positions vacant in recruiting classes" at this stage. 3-4 years down the line? Sure. But right now, we need size, depth, and complete, well-rounded classes to establish the foundation.

Just recently? Or with the mock

1AB38734-A89B-4000-B942-68FD9E40D185.png

This was within past hour or so.
1AB38734-A89B-4000-B942-68FD9E40D185.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
With the announcement on Monday, I’d imagine Fong/Ivins drops a CB within next few days. Hopefully to the good guys.
Yeah they need to do Acheampong and Francis. They already did Howard to LSU I think. Think all these guys have completed all their OV's

QB: Jaden/Emory
RB: Chris Johnson
WR: Joseph/Washington/Brown/Jean
TE: Williams/Carver/Mikeska
OL: Mauigoa/Tinilau/Kinsler/Tripp/Okunlola
Edge: Acheampong/Wayne/M'Pemba
DL: Bain
LB: Washington/Bryant
CB: Stafford/Brown
S: Bonsu/Hussey
Thought Bain was an Edge. In fact I know he is. So not a one true DL.

Advertisement
While I'd love the class, we need more bodies for interior DL and LB than what Gaby has listed. I'd be disappointed if that's all we get, even though the EDGE class would be absurd.

We're missing size up the middle. Only adding Bain in the interior would be a big miss, IMO.

Edge
Ol
QB
WR
All would be insane with that class. I know there are some areas that are light but those four groups are insane. Can't call that class disappointing jmo

Yeah they need to do Acheampong and Francis. They already did Howard to LSU I think. Think all these guys have completed all their OV's

Yeah, Wilt's Dong dropped his crystal balls to LSU for Howard. No worries.

On Monday, we had 6 kids announcing in the next week:

Ray Ray Joseph -- Committed CANE
Jaxon Howard 7/1 -- CB to LSU from the Dong
Archeampong 7/1 -- CBs all to Michigan but the Canes trending very hard
Riley Williams 7/1 -- CBs from multiple folks all to the good guys
Francis Mauigoa 7/4 -- No CBs but tending heavily to them boys
Daron Reed 7/4 -- Most likely not coming. Dong's balls are on LSU, but the recent balls are on the ****eyes

If we get 4 out of these 6 kids we are absolutely ******'. 1 in the boat. Let's get 2 more Friday.

Edge
Ol
QB
WR
All would be insane with that class. I know there are some areas that are light but those four groups are insane. Can't call that class disappointing jmo
100 percent home run and then some at those positions. DT and LB might be light but whatever doesn't pop up on our radar later in the year, that's what the portal is for.

Advertisement
Back