Gabriel Terry

kid looks good to me

of course this kid isn't going to get any attention playing for some bum**** school in Nebraska as a 200 lb DT

Kids like this go under the radar all the time. He's playing his natural position now his senior year and against good competition in So. Fla. and looks promising

Advertisement
My take on recruiting is going to simple this year and next: I have bought into Al Golden, and his preparation, hard work, and organization, and so I will trust him in recruiting. This isn't Randy Shannon, who clearly had no Plan B or C, who clearly lacked any semblance of organization, and who failed to put forth what can be considered even a decent effort in recruiting. No, Golden looks to be a tireless recruiter, a good salesman, and someone that is organized and has a plan.

As a result, I'm going to trust him and enjoy the ride. He's said that he doesn't care for stars or recruiting services, and our committment list bears that out. We're going to go down in flames if he fails, so **** it, I'm all in and a blind ******* devotee at this point.

I'll reassess that stance after Year 3.

My take on recruiting is going to simple this year and next: I have bought into Al Golden, and his preparation, hard work, and organization, and so I will trust him in recruiting. This isn't Randy Shannon, who clearly had no Plan B or C, who clearly lacked any semblance of organization, and who failed to put forth what can be considered even a decent effort in recruiting. No, Golden looks to be a tireless recruiter, a good salesman, and someone that is organized and has a plan.

As a result, I'm going to trust him and enjoy the ride. He's said that he doesn't care for stars or recruiting services, and our committment list bears that out. We're going to go down in flames if he fails, so **** it, I'm all in and a blind ******* devotee at this point.

LOL. That's honest. Makes it hard to have a conversation with you on the topic, but it's honest. And good to have you over here anyhow.

Advertisement

LOL. That's honest. Makes it hard to have a conversation with you on the topic, but it's honest. And good to have you over here anyhow.

Might be more beneficial for him.

And much less stressful of a mindset for ole map.

Yeah, I'm subscribed to this as well.
It's either that or go crazy.

Nah, I can talk about recruiting, but I'm just not going to criticize the guy unless things just get exceedingly wacky. I watched this kid's film and he looked somewhat explosive off the line, though that video provides no insight into how he'll play 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Another conclusion I've reached: I really have no idea how to evaluate a recruit. So, unless it's blatant to me that a guy is a dud, I'll just trust Big Al.

Looking at him more I'd like to know how much he plays linebacker. If he can transition to a full time linebacker while adding weight to his frame and keeping his speed he could become a nice player for us.

Advertisement

I'm totally with you on this.

LOL that's my take on it also I am following Golden's bayonet charge over the hill

I'm on board with this as well. I don't know the first thing about evaluating film and AG & Crew have a **** of a lot more time and resources to learn everything they need about a kid and whether or not to offer. After spending the last 10 years suffering in mediocrity, I like that he is organized and has a plan. I'll let the man do his thing and we either roll or get rolled.

Advertisement
Back