Gabriel Terry

Maybe we should have offered Lamar Atkins.....anyway Rivals guy speculates this may be because they think Northrup is going to bail.

Advertisement
Aside from this kid individually, our last X takes (however many) have been kids whose other offers have been lower D1. I don't know if we're getting too cute or what but I'm starting to have a pretty significant WTF feeling with how we're "closing", and particularly concerned that it means that the 'name' kids are going to be bailing. Especially concerned after the news about these types they took last year not looking so hot already.

Last edited:
If we are going to waste a ship should at least waste it on Atkins....at least he brings Brown with him.

Advertisement
I never try to read too much into highlight films because they don't paint a full picture. Here's what I see, though.

Explosive off the snap, especially with his hand on the ground. (In fact, I don't like that much I see when he's upright.) Good use of hands, good anticipation. Good use of leverage. Selected clips show good motor. :-/

Aside from this kid individually, our last X takes (however many) have been kids whose other offers have been lower D1. I don't know if we're getting too cute or what but I'm starting to have a pretty significant WTF feeling with how we're "closing", and particularly concerned that it means that the 'name' kids are going to be bailing. Especially concerned after the news about these types they took last year not looking so hot already.

Southward had an Ohio State offer and Jenkins had a Bama offer. Lewis was a sought-after recruit. Dillard and this guy fit your description, though.

Advertisement
Is there any doubt that this kid would still be available in late january? Or that we could flip him then.

This is the 1st one I'm confused about, maybe TE Hollifield too. Hopefully Golden and D'Onfrio are all over their evals. Or they aren't afraid to "cut" a kid if he isn't up to par.

Terry, Sineace invited to Nike All-Star Game: Palm Beach Central defensive end Gabriel Terry and offensive lineman Edens Sineace have been invited to 18th annual Nike South Florida All-Star Game, which will be held at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 23 at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami.

American Heritage senior lineman Kelly Parfitt has also been invited.

Sineace (6-5, 315) is a bit of a known commodity, receiving offers from Bowling Green, FIU, UMass, Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State and Marshall. Meanwhile, Terry is getting his name out there.

According to teammates and coaches, Terry (6-3, 215 pounds) turned heads in a Sept. 16 game against Palm Beach Gardens when he beat 6-6, 286-pound Gardens left tackle Avery Young one-on-one. “Alabama was there to see Avery, but they were talking to Gabriel afterward,” Broncos linebacker Mike Maldonado said.

Terry, who grew up in Palm Beach County and spent his high school years in Nebraska until this spring, has no scholarship offers. Palm Beach Central coach Rod Harris said that should change soon, especially with a highlight that includes one-on-one wins over future BCS tackles like Avery Young. “I just sent out a bunch of tape,” Harris said. “There’s going to be a whole bunch of schools on him.”

One issue that’s been keeping things quiet: Terry has been limited by an ankle sprain. Expect him to play a full game this week.

“It’s his motor,” Harris said of Terry. “From snap to snap, he’s out there with a purpose. He’s out there to hit someone. His speed, his strength, his height is outstanding, but his motor is second to none.”

Despite wearing flashy bands with various slogans around his wrists and colorful socks, Terry is the quiet type. “He makes a tackle, he just claps his hands and walks back to the huddle. I like him. He works hard,” Jean-Louis said.

Advertisement
So far, in Golden's two classes we've picked up the following kids who had no options:

Hunter Wells - still can't believe we took this kid
Junior Alexis - kid plays at Crenshaw and can't get a real offer, kid was not under the radar
Corey King - stealing kids from FIU?
Taylor Gadbois - remains to be seen, but the kid looks like a steal if he makes it here from prep
Brandon Hollifield - looked good in camp and supposedly Missouri was offering (just like Oklahoma was going to offer Jimmy Gaines LULZ)
Eddie Johnson - stole the kid from UCF on NSD, not as egregious as guys like Alexis or Wells
Jake O'Donnell - camp kid
Gray Crow - with the need at QB, I'll let this one slide
Earl Moore - he makes the list because he didn't have commitable offers, just a bunch of "interest"
Danny Dillard - what? with all the quality backs in SoFla you take this kid?

This doesn't even count kids like Larry Hope, Vernon Davis, Jontavious Carter, and Nate Dortch (still loathe the Dortch pickup)

Advertisement

Southward had an Ohio State offer and Jenkins had a Bama offer. Lewis was a sought-after recruit. Dillard and this guy fit your description, though.

Lewis does not fit my description, momentarily forgot about him (and I'm a big fan). I like Jenkins. I just hope we aren't getting too cute. With schollie limits likely coming we can't afford to miss too much.

Advertisement
Back