Gabriel Terry

Advertisement
What were Moore's options? What were Dortch's options despite being offered by Everett Withers?

According to Scout Moore has an offer from almost everyone in the SE. It says Dortch's offers are UNC and Iowa St. I love any Defensive recruit that Butch was after.

Not sure how accurate Scout is.

Terry, Sineace invited to Nike All-Star Game: Palm Beach Central defensive end Gabriel Terry and offensive lineman Edens Sineace have been invited to 18th annual Nike South Florida All-Star Game, which will be held at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 23 at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami.

American Heritage senior lineman Kelly Parfitt has also been invited.

Sineace (6-5, 315) is a bit of a known commodity, receiving offers from Bowling Green, FIU, UMass, Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State and Marshall. Meanwhile, Terry is getting his name out there.

According to teammates and coaches, Terry (6-3, 215 pounds) turned heads in a Sept. 16 game against Palm Beach Gardens when he beat 6-6, 286-pound Gardens left tackle Avery Young one-on-one. “Alabama was there to see Avery, but they were talking to Gabriel afterward,â€Â￾ Broncos linebacker Mike Maldonado said.

Terry, who grew up in Palm Beach County and spent his high school years in Nebraska until this spring, has no scholarship offers. Palm Beach Central coach Rod Harris said that should change soon, especially with a highlight that includes one-on-one wins over future BCS tackles like Avery Young. “I just sent out a bunch of tape,â€Â￾ Harris said. “There’s going to be a whole bunch of schools on him.â€Â￾

One issue that’s been keeping things quiet: Terry has been limited by an ankle sprain. Expect him to play a full game this week.

“It’s his motor,â€Â￾ Harris said of Terry. “From snap to snap, he’s out there with a purpose. He’s out there to hit someone. His speed, his strength, his height is outstanding, but his motor is second to none.â€Â￾

Despite wearing flashy bands with various slogans around his wrists and colorful socks, Terry is the quiet type. “He makes a tackle, he just claps his hands and walks back to the huddle. I like him. He works hard,â€Â￾ Jean-Louis said.
Guess the bigger fish aren't interested or Golden is worried about them bailing. ****, at least he has a backup plan. Him transferring for his senior year explains a lack of offers. Looked explosive enough with his hand on the ground or getting after the QB.

I'll reserve judgment until he's signed and is in camp. Can't lump him in with the guys who had a chance and didn't work out

What were Moore's options? What were Dortch's options despite being offered by Everett Withers?

According to Scout Moore has an offer from almost everyone in the SE. It says Dortch's offers are UNC and Iowa St. I love any Defensive recruit that Butch was after.

Scout is wrong

Iowa St is a ****** offer. Dortch committed to Everett Withers - whoopideedoo

Advertisement
Credible poster on rivals has a good set of comments on Terry. Sounds like barrow likes him a lot. Iirc, barrow's had good instincts on recruits, even when he would get overruled by Shannon.

That said, with spaces limited, this is a big head scratched to me.

Scout is wrong

LOL, not true. Dortch committed to Butch Davis on June 16th, Davis was fired on July 27th. Perhaps you should get your facts right before you criticize anyone.

Scout is wrong

LOL, not true. Dortch committed to Butch Davis on June 16th, Davis was fired on July 27th. Perhaps you should get your facts right before you criticize anyone.

Lol...might want to sit this one out for a bit North.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm obviously no expert in breaking down tape, but I thought he showed promise.

Looked like he had nice burst off the line. If he can bulk up and maintain his speed, I could see him being a contributor. At that very least, he'll help us replenish our LB numbers, and contribute on special teams.

WOW there are some butthurt armchair QBs in this thread, ill stop there cause I dont wanna get bandhammered

I'm obviously no expert in breaking down tape, but I thought he showed promise.

Looked like he had nice burst off the line. If he can bulk up and maintain his speed, I could see him being a contributor. At that very least, he'll help us replenish our LB numbers, and contribute on special teams.

I agree. Golden seems to be keen on taking players who he can mold and develop. The last couple of pickups are guys who will come in, play hard, and play within HIS system.

Underwhelming highlights, but looks like a kid with a big enough frame to.put on some weight and be a hybrid end/LB in a 3/4 system. Trust that the staff is building the roster according to need.

Advertisement
Underwhelming? He is was in the backfield every play. This is a highlight tape based on just a couple of games. The kid spent the previous 3 years in Nebraska. He has the speed necessary to play at the next level. None of you have any idea what his HS coch must have told Golden and Co.

This is a very promising event. It shows that HS coaches and Golden's staff have developed a very nice relationship and are not getting insit on lesser marketed players. For you star whores, what is All World Jeff Luc doing these days?

Let's wait and see. The coaches have evaluated this player on a lot more game film than his tape shows.

Happy Thanksgiving.

seems to be a worthwhile prospect, given how quick he is off the snap. reminds me of the unknown recruits that blow up in Bud Foster defenses 3 yrs out of high school.

Advertisement
Anyone know if this kid is an early entry candidate?

Good grades. Sure to get in. Should be noted.

Also, with Marcus Robinson graduating, we simply lack those DE/OLB hybrids...hence, guys like he and Dwayne Hoilett (who is a better prospect).

Last edited:
seems to be a worthwhile prospect, given how quick he is off the snap. reminds me of the unknown recruits that blow up in Bud Foster defenses 3 yrs out of high school.

The thing Bud Foster does real well is recruit to his system. VT doesn't take a kid and hope the negative aspects of his 'game' simply vanish. They bring in "underwhelming" recruits, and develop/coach them into productive players.

At the very least, with Golden, after he fills the cupboard we will no longer need freshmen to come in and start. We will have the opportunity to physically and mentally develop players. I'll take a coached up 3 star player (ex: Jayron Hosley) over a free-lancing, know it all 5 star player who refuses to play within the system (ex. Ray Ray Armstrong) . ITS A TEAM GAME!

We've spent the last 6-7 years hoping players simply develop with in-game experience. I'm willing to try something 'new' lol...

Golden pretty much said this would happen. Pretty sure he said he was gonna take one unranked kid because of how much he believed in him. We'll see though, I watched that video again and saw a lot of good things.

Advertisement
Back