FSU's QB concerns

Advertisement
Why is the pressure on already?

https://deadspin.com/how-baylor-happened-1828372303

"And accounts of the women who came to Baylor because it felt safe say Briles’ staff used them to market the program to prospective players. A lawsuit filed by a former Baylor student claimed that Kendal Briles—Art Briles’ son, and his offensive coordinator—asked a prospective recruit, “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor, and they love football players.” Briles denies this; the suit was settled."

Advertisement
I was waiting on this thread the moment LeGendere announced.
Thus far, today's best news.
They have no choice but to go to the portal now. There are a couple midlevel options there.

Funny thing, I was falling down the rabbit hole on 247 and skimming the JUCO '19 listing (wanting to see who was listed before Hedley). The avenue that players normally took to jump around before the portal existed.
Fascinating names from recruiting's recent past. Thought it appropriate to post some of the names on this short list. Enjoy!
Bailey Hockman - FSU QB
Tre Johnson - Cane OL
Malik Henry - FSU QB
Dedrick Mills - GT RB
Dontye Carriere-Williams - local kid was at Wisky
McArthur Burnett - Gator DB
Kane Taylor - We all loved the name during recruitment, but was not a take at the time.
Devon Modster - UCLA QB tossed aside for DTR
Lowell Narcisse - LSU QB part of exodus after Ensminger took over causing need for Joe Burrow last year
Mills is a player, I think he'll be an impact guy at Nebraska.

So they haven’t signed a QB in two years (that itself is ******* shocking)

Their best QB just left the team.

Their backup puzzy QB tried to leave the team.

Holy. ****.

Advertisement
https://deadspin.com/how-baylor-happened-1828372303

"And accounts of the women who came to Baylor because it felt safe say Briles’ staff used them to market the program to prospective players. A lawsuit filed by a former Baylor student claimed that Kendal Briles—Art Briles’ son, and his offensive coordinator—asked a prospective recruit, “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor, and they love football players.” Briles denies this; the suit was settled."

The thing that is overlooked too frequently about both Briles (and especially by the guys that slurp Kendal) is how effing stupid they were to be so brazen with their antics at Baylor that the whole thing imploded on them. They had the perfect setting there to be dirty enough to be relevant without anyone caring. Those morons instead took it to a level that even the backwoods faux-Chreeestians in Waco couldn't accept/cover-up any longer.

Aside from that, Briles da Offenzive Geenius at FSU couldn't even lure ANY last minute QB to play in his vaunted system at a supposed marquee program.

It'll only be a matter of time before those clowns in Trailerhassee are begging Mark Stoops to come "home" and Lil Briles is schlepping back around Texas looking for work while Tagfart is a positions corch....in the XFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The question is, how long? Like I said in another thread, I really pray that they can hang on to tagfart for at least two years. Anything after that would be a bonus

Exactly. Anything less than 3-4 years to allow Tagfart to fully implement his system and culture would be beyond unacceptable, imo!

Advertisement
Back