FSU's QB concerns

I thought Blackmon entered the portal. Did he come back out?

Advertisement
Shane Buechele is still in the portal. They won't be able to hold spring practice unless they get a guy now. They will need to add another post spring on top of that.

Advertisement
Shane Buechele is still in the portal. They won't be able to hold spring practice unless they get a guy now. They will need to add another post spring on top of that.

I didn't even think of that...who's going to throw to the 2nd string receivers? Even if they get a portal guy, the 3rd string can just take the spring off.

They're an absolute disaster right now. They could not be worse, and many of their fans are starting to realize that. I give Taggart two more years before he gets fired.

I didn't even think of that...who's going to throw to the 2nd string receivers? Even if they get a portal guy, the 3rd string can just take the spring off.

I prefer they get nobody and a punter takes over the QB spot. lol

Advertisement
The question is, how long? Like I said in another thread, I really pray that they can hang on to tagfart for at least two years. Anything after that would be a bonus

his buyout was $21m+ last year and i doubt it's significantly lower this year. they're stuck with him for a while because of that idiotic contract that they signed him to. and that buyout is only for him. they'd have to dump almost the entire assistant staff too.

Never understood where all the hype for Taggart came from. In his only season leading a P5 team he finished 7-5, sub-500 in conference and got absolutely blown out by every good team he faced that year. He lost by a combined score of 151-34 to Wazzu, Stanford, UCLA and U-Dub that year. He also lost to ASU and Boise. Not a single team they beat in those 7 wins was worth a sh-t. Yet all of a sudden he is one of the most sought after coaches for a high level P5 job?!? Made no sense then; makes no sense now.

Advertisement
Never understood where all the hype for Taggart came from. In his only season leading a P5 team he finished 7-5, sub-500 in conference and got absolutely blown out by every good team he faced that year. He lost by a combined score of 151-34 to Wazzu, Stanford, UCLA and U-Dub that year. He also lost to ASU and Boise. Not a single team they beat in those 7 wins was worth a sh-t. Yet all of a sudden he is one of the most sought after coaches for a high level P5 job?!? Made no sense then; makes no sense now.
Don't bad-mouth a guy who is going to surpass the legacy of Booby Bowden.

He also took a fairly talented team Jimbo handed him and did nothing with it.

Advertisement
I don't understand some of you guys. Willie is a fantastic coach. Likely the best coach to ever wear a whistle on the sidelines during a game. You all need to recognize just how fortunate FSU is to have him to implement his master plans. 4 moar years! 4 moar years!
Preach brother!

Advertisement
Back