FSU

Anyone else watching this game and wondering how and the F we lost to Louisville?
Is Guidry who we all wish he is? Yikes
I am. Louisville's offense looks totally inept. Went up and down the field at will. Guidry had no answer. Plus Miami put up 31 on them and still lost.

Advertisement
**** FSU, ACC is trash and they would get embarrassed in the playoffs. Even with Travis that team doesn't pass the eye test. Way overachieved with a lot of luck.

**** FSU, ACC is trash and they would get embarrassed in the playoffs. Even with Travis that team doesn't pass the eye test. Way overachieved with a lot of luck.
Disagree that ACC is trash and that fsu would get embarrassed.

Leaving FSU out of the playoffs would be an enormous injustice. That said, it couldn’t happen to a better group of guys. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement
Yes, absolutely, I hope they get left out. If nothing else but to get payback for 2000 when we were the better team. I will be rooting for Boo and the playoff committee to make the right choice today.

The Wire Omar GIF

Totally agree with SWAG 100% and there is a ton of bias here on this forum. I dislike FSU more than anyone but can keep and maintain my objectivity. They ran the table, did what we couldn't do and win without their QB, and their defense is superior to ours. That's how they beat Louisvile because we had no pass rush while FSU dominated their offenseive line. Who knows if they would be competitive against any of the other three teams in the playoffs but I think they can win. They deserve to be in the playoffs and did everthing required to get there. I can see the fans on this site if Miami was 12-0 and we didn't get in. There would be an uproar for sure crying out injustive for our beloved Canes.

The fact is, even with Travis, this FSU team would get curb stomped in the playoff by any team. They have been extremely fortunate to be in the position they are now in.

That being said, they have won all their games (to date) and if the ACC is truly considered a Power 5 conference (questionable), it's undefeated champ should be in the playoff. Therefore, if they should win, they should go to the playoff and I will thoroughly enjoy the 5 TD blowout loss by FSU in the semifinal game.

And if they don't get in, that's great too. **** FSU.

this question isnt really about FSU...why is this so hard for people?
In this exact same scenario yes I would be disappointed we didn't get in but looking at it objectively I wouldn't be mad or believe it is some anti cane bias.

FSU doesn't have a qb and just gave back to back putrid offensive performances against avg defenses. Their defense has been hit and miss all year and they have been extremely lucky real or manufactured.

Washington is undefeated and has looked better, Michigan is undefeated and has a better win on its resume. Bama just beat one of the best teams in the last decade and their only loss is to a team that is playing phenomenally. Texas lost a rivalry game at the last second to another perennial powerhouse granted they weren't an elite team this season. Had FSU smoked the cards by 30 last night I'd be throwing a fit but they didn't cause they are mid without Travis so they should get left out.

Behind closed doors decision makers may hold some of the acc homecooking officiating against them. Wouldn't shock me at all if the safety non call against UM gets brought up when discussing their resume or any other shenanigans that went on throughout the season. I hope they get left out.

Advertisement
I believe the committee will rightfully put FSU in the playoff. However, there’s no doubt in my mind that if you swapped out Miami for FSU in this situation, we’d get hosed

Advertisement
Washington Michigan Alabama Georgia. That's the top 4
Alabama isn’t getting in over Texas or you’ll see considerably less meaningful non-conference games. JMO.

You can’t put Alabama in over a team that went into their house, beat them by double digits, and held the ball for the last 7 ish minutes. Complete domination.

Now if you want to put in Alabama over FSU, there’s an argument for it.

UGA is done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think that’s what will happen. Otherwise FSU will be this years TCU and get destroyed. They are not one of the best 4 teams.
Totally agree with SWAG 100% and there is a ton of bias here on this forum. I dislike FSU more than anyone but can keep and maintain my objectivity. They ran the table, did what we couldn't do and win without their QB, and their defense is superior to ours. That's how they beat Louisvile because we had no pass rush while FSU dominated their offenseive line. Who knows if they would be competitive against any of the other three teams in the playoffs but I think they can win. They deserve to be in the playoffs and did everthing required to get there. I can see the fans on this site if Miami was 12-0 and we didn't get in. There would be an uproar for sure crying out injustive for our beloved Canes.
I agree that a Canes football forum is probably not the best place to go for objectivity when it pertains to FSU, but I think the majority of folks are being perfectly honest when questioning FSU’s validity as a playoff team. My thoughts on FSU haven’t wavered all year. I think they’re a “good” team, but not a playoff team, and that was with Travis. Keep in mind, before the Louisville game FSU’s strength of schedule was 91st…think about that. In the last month they’ve struggled with Miami, struggled with Florida, and struggled with Louisville. Michigan, Bama, Texas, Washington are way better than those teams. FSU reminds me of TCU last year: A team with some really good skill players but lacking in the trenches. Actually, that TCU team had a really good QB too but this Nole team doesn’t. I thought the objective was to get the four best teams, and if it’s not then what the heck are we even doing here? I get it, there’s some incognito Semenhole fans here trying to defend their team, but I’m just keeping it real with them.

This was Mario’s plan all along. Tank the season to F$&@ FSU SOS.

Take a knee? I don’t think so. F- the Noles.

If FSU misses out, is it fair? I don't know.

Personally, I. Don't. Give. A. F&ck. I hope it happens.

What I do know is if they do make it, they'll likely have one of the worst resumes for a team to make the playoffs in this format. Two wins vs opponents that finished in the top 25 with Louisville being a fringe top 25 team. And the rest of their conference was total dog sh*t, ourselves included. It's pathetic.

Everyone is just saying F* FSU and not paying attention to the situation. FsU is one of 3 undefeated teams. It'd be ridiculous to let a team that lost during the season to jump from #8 to top 4 to be in the playoffs.
Then what's the point of winning games if they're gonna just put Alabama or any SEC team in the playoffs regardless of record. You might as well bring back the BCS!

Advertisement
Back