FSU....

Advertisement
We can’t beat them so cheer when their qb goes down. **** we’ve fallen hard
Their fans brought it on themselves. Hating on Emory’s injury and then so blinded by fandom trying to justify the no safety call. I won’t hate on someone breaking their leg since I’ve been there but our fanbase can say whatever the **** they want about fsu.

**** FSU!
Coffin Dancing GIF

I'm not rooting for anyone to get injured, but one can't help but think this is the reason why you shouldn't schedule cupcake games late in the season.
I don't really get this logic - are you saying that he had less of a chance of getting injured vs a stronger opponent? If anything, you should be able to use a game like this to either get your backups in early or potentially even let some of your players who have nagging injuries sit it out altogether.

This is the same strategy that practically the whole SEC uses every year. I am not a fan of it as someone who wants to watch good football, but from a strategy perspective, it makes sense.

1700356095242.png

Advertisement
I don't really get this logic - are you saying that he had less of a chance of getting injured vs a stronger opponent? If anything, you should be able to use a game like this to either get your backups in early or potentially even let some of your players who have nagging injuries sit it out altogether.

This is the same strategy that practically the whole SEC uses every year. I am not a fan of it as someone who wants to watch good football, but from a strategy perspective, it makes sense.

View attachment 266750

I'm saying that if you are going to put your players at risk late in the season, at least put them in a game that actually serves a purpose. That's the point. FSU gains NOTHING from playing this game late, you're better off playing this game in September, and using this as a bye week before playing UF next week. Why play these cupcake games late? You can easily derail a season, compared to playing it earlier, which buys you time to figure crap out if you lose a key player.

I'm saying that if you are going to put your players at risk late in the season, at least put them in a game that actually serves a purpose. That's the point. FSU gains NOTHING from playing this game late, you're better off playing this game in September, and using this as a bye week before playing UF next week. Why play these cupcake games late? You can easily derail a season, compared to playing it earlier, which buys you time to figure crap out if you lose a key player.
I disagree - you are just as if not more likely to get injured vs a better opponent. An easy opponent like this can be like a partial bye week as you should be able to rest players that you might have felt the need to play against a better opponent and you should be able to pull your starters out early. Obviously that is not working out for FSU, but I see that more as a fluke as you see a school like Alabama doing this every year and it has worked out well for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. Any fan that cheers for opponent’s serious injury should only expect the same when it’s their star player.
Soft.

I root for amputations of all FSU player limbs. We lost two starting DEs and our QB to a compound fracture and did that stop FSU fans from mocking us and talking ****? Nope.

If he dies he dies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back