FSU....

Compound ankle fracture .... dislocated .... so both the tibia and fibula are fractured and the foot is basically disconnected from the bottom of the leg. I had the same identical injury 4 years ago when in a freak accident my horse's hoof hit my ankle just where it connects to the leg. Foot was then pointing in the wrong direction and when the OR doc cut my boot off the tibia was sticking out 5" ... bare bone. So they do a procedure called an ORIF (open reduction internal fixation). Means the foot is put "back in place" ... approximately. Then there is a titanium rod and screws inserted to reconnect the fibula, and screws are inserted in the foot. 7 weeks in a cast then you are "weight bearing" and into rehab. Can count the ***** heads holding the rod on my fibula. Hurts when I bump a chair with it. With the screws and rods ... don't see how he would ever play football again. Golf sure ... contact sports ... no.
Exactly, he’ll be lucky to walk w/o a limp for the rest of his life. Been in sx with lots of these. Some worse than others. If it’s what you described this major rehab.Doubt he plays again. Even if he miraculously makes a come back, he’s 26,.. 18 mos/2yrs to rehab he’s closer to 30. Stick a fork in it bc he’s done.

Advertisement
Exactly, he’ll be lucky to walk w/o a limp for the rest of his life. Been in sx with lots of these. Some worse than others. If it’s what you described this major rehab.Doubt he plays again. Even if he miraculously makes a come back, he’s 26,.. 18 mos/2yrs to rehab he’s closer to 30. Stick a fork in it bc he’s done.

Had a similar injury in high school. Drunk and trying to slam someone I got my leg caught behind me. Ankle was completely side ways. I was so drunk and adrenaline I actually put my ankle back in place by grabbing it and yanking it to go straight.

Doctor said I could’ve done so much damage but my foot was **** near backwards it was a natural reaction.

Ended up with a compound break and dislocation of the ankle. Luckily didn’t have to get a plate put in as they gave me and my dad the option and we elected for 4 screws only.

It’s an extremely long recovery. I bull****ted my rehab and basically got addicted to pain killers for a short time. It took me 2 months in a cast and crutches, 2 months in a boot, 2 more months in a brace. Was about 6 months before I could walk normal and like a year before I could really run. Lost all mobility in that ankle.

Same injury grant hill and others have had that derails their Career. Good thing he has a degree and should have a masters by now. Even full recovery he will be old as **** and at least 1 year removed from football. It’s a terrible injury. Hopefully he didn’t have any nerve damage or setbacks with his surgery which is likely today or tomorrow once swelling goes down

Advertisement
****. I actually expected Travis to fully recover.

I didn't know that he's probably going to have to wear a rod and pin. ****, he's done.

Karmic Football Gods were brutal to FSU, but the kid shouldn't have had to pay like that. He IS done, and it's a **** shame.

****. I actually expected Travis to fully recover.

I didn't know that he's probably going to have to wear a rod and pin. ****, he's done.

Karmic Football Gods were brutal to FSU, but the kid shouldn't have had to pay like that. He IS done, and it's a **** shame.
Fractured tibia / fibula and dislocated ... basically means the foot came off the bottom of the leg. I have screws on the inside of the ankle and titanium rod with screws on the outside ... can count the ***** heads through the skin. Can't imagine anybody playing football after that injury... having it rolled on again would be ... nasty. I had the foot on my other leg snapped off 25 years ago in a bad accident ... ankle was not damaged ... just had the fractured bones aligned, cast on, and 6 months later I was back to running 5 miles a day. When the ankle is involved ... dislocation and fracture ... everything is involved, ligaments, bio mechanics (ie, getting the foot BACK into 'approximately' the right alignment. Many times more complicated, as is the rehab.

Advertisement
I feel genuinely bad for Travis. He beat us 3 years straight and he's a **** of a player and a good kid. Don't really feel bad for their fans but I respect a good team and they're very good. Their NC hopes are probably dashed and injuries suck.

I’m all for hating fsu but **** cheering or wishing injury on anyone.

Yeah....if you're over the age of about 22 and you're genuinely happy this kid shattered his leg in half, you're a massive piece of ****.

It's ok to root against FSU and want them to lose. It's not OK to be happy when kids suffer catastrophic injuries. Not when you're a functional adult, at least. When I was 19 and a clueless assclown, I might've been happy to see this. But when you get older, you realize there's a lot more to life than football and even though the kid plays for the wrong team and we wish them the worst, that doesn't include a possible life-altering injury. If you felt one ounce of happiness from seeing that kid writing in pain on the ground on Saturday, you're a piece of **** human being. Period, the end.

NOW....since this is Nole Tears, it'd be awesome to see them lose the last 3 games of the year. I can't EVER root for the gator, but maybe like a 3-2 victory on Saturday, then FSU gets smoked in Charlotte, then loses their bowl game in spectacular fashion. Would be just fine with me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back