FSU....

Advertisement
Looks like dislocated. Seems pretty low for a broken leg. Likely the end of his career.
Compound ankle fracture .... dislocated .... so both the tibia and fibula are fractured and the foot is basically disconnected from the bottom of the leg. I had the same identical injury 4 years ago when in a freak accident my horse's hoof hit my ankle just where it connects to the leg. Foot was then pointing in the wrong direction and when the OR doc cut my boot off the tibia was sticking out 5" ... bare bone. So they do a procedure called an ORIF (open reduction internal fixation). Means the foot is put "back in place" ... approximately. Then there is a titanium rod and screws inserted to reconnect the fibula, and screws are inserted in the foot. 7 weeks in a cast then you are "weight bearing" and into rehab. Can count the ***** heads holding the rod on my fibula. Hurts when I bump a chair with it. With the screws and rods ... don't see how he would ever play football again. Golf sure ... contact sports ... no.

Advertisement
At best he broke his ankle. That's a season ender right there. Jesus I hope the guy is ok.
I agree with you. Too many of our fans are crappy human beings. I might want Mario gone as our head coach, but I will never root for anyone to get injured. That’s as low rent as it gets. Can’t beat ‘em on the field, so people resort to wishing others harm.

I hope that he’s okay. I hate F$Who, but I’ll never wish for any player to get injured, specially not when it could be career ending.

Nah; idgaf if I hate a team or not, I don’t wish no major injury to any player. Some things are more important than just sports. These young men have livelihoods; I won’t root or wish them success as a rival, but I ain’t never gonna gloat off an injury, especially a gross one like that.

W/ that being said, I’ll be very happy if UNA provide us w: the biggest shock since App St beat UofM.
You’re a class act, brother. That’s exactly my sentiments. We have a bunch of horrible human beings as fans of our Canes.

Advertisement
It’s okay guys, he was always going pro in something other than sports. Don’t feel too bad

I agree with you. Too many of our fans are crappy human beings. I might want Mario gone as our head coach, but I will never root for anyone to get injured. That’s as low rent as it gets. Can’t beat ‘em on the field, so people resort to wishing others harm.

I hope that he’s okay. I hate F$Who, but I’ll never wish for any player to get injured, specially not when it could be career ending.
No one rooted for him to get hurt, we're just not boo-hooing that he did. There is a difference.

Compound ankle fracture .... dislocated .... so both the tibia and fibula are fractured and the foot is basically disconnected from the bottom of the leg. I had the same identical injury 4 years ago when in a freak accident my horse's hoof hit my ankle just where it connects to the leg. Foot was then pointing in the wrong direction and when the OR doc cut my boot off the tibia was sticking out 5" ... bare bone. So they do a procedure called an ORIF (open reduction internal fixation). Means the foot is put "back in place" ... approximately. Then there is a titanium rod and screws inserted to reconnect the fibula, and screws are inserted in the foot. 7 weeks in a cast then you are "weight bearing" and into rehab. Can count the ***** heads holding the rod on my fibula. Hurts when I bump a chair with it. With the screws and rods ... don't see how he would ever play football again. Golf sure ... contact sports ... no.
My god - that sounds horrific. Thinking about what you went through and saw makes me nauseous. I hope you're able to live a somewhat normal life after but i feel for you man.

Advertisement
My god - that sounds horrific. Thinking about what you went through and saw makes me nauseous. I hope you're able to live a somewhat normal life after but i feel for you man.
Was lucky ... good genes so I heal well. Play golf with no issues (other than the occasional slice!). No problem on walking several miles or even riding horses again. Do have a slightly different gait as the foot might have been off a degree or so from the pre-injury position. I certainly wouldn't want to have it "rolled on" by an OL. It is basically the Joe Theismann injury. Took a while even after being fully active again for final soft tissue 'healing' and deep internal swelling to go down to be able to put on a cowboy boot again. Travis should be walking in a boot in 7 weeks and therapy will be focused on regaining mobility and getting rid of scar tissue. Great kid, endured a lot of negative issues at FSU and became their leader. He should be fine as far as normal activities but I just don't see any football in the future.

After being able to hear their fans chanting “**** Miami” clear as day over the tv broadcast while Emory was getting an aircast put on last week, I’m having a hard time finding sympathy.
So if someone else is being a gaping a$$hwhole you’re going to match their gaping AH energy? That’s one of the major societal problems nowadays. “Some fans” did it so I get throw my morality out the window. Great way to go about life.

I’d be willing to bet that anyone cheering on Travis’s injury has never played a down of college football in their life. If you did, you’d understand the grind, the ups and downs and the luck needed to get through a season. So showing empathy to a kid putting his ankle on backwards on Senior night isn’t that hard.
Another major problem today, we’re all so polarized that there is no such thing as recognizing the humanity of the situation. It’s just my side vs yours.

Fvxk FSU. Prayers to the kid.

Advertisement
So if someone else is being a gaping a$$hwhole you’re going to match their gaping AH energy? That’s one of the major societal problems nowadays. “Some fans” did it so I get throw my morality out the window. Great way to go about life.

I’d be willing to bet that anyone cheering on Travis’s injury has never played a down of college football in their life. If you did, you’d understand the grind, the ups and downs and the luck needed to get through a season. So showing empathy to a kid putting his ankle on backwards on Senior night isn’t that hard.
Another major problem today, we’re all so polarized that there is no such thing as recognizing the humanity of the situation. It’s just my side vs yours.

Fvxk FSU. Prayers to the kid.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Advertisement
Back