FSU WRs

For the plethora of non-coaches on this board, it is quite reasonable to begin drills at a slower pace in order to perfect all skills required. The coach and player focus is on the correct foot work and not the speed. The speed comes when the coach sees the proper technique including body position and arm action as well as foot work. To take a 1 minute practice clip of one drill to evaluate a college skill group is preposterous and embarrassing quite frankly. Get some perspective.
no actually it's not especially when you're two weeks into spring practice and in high school baseball or football if i did that **** during drills, I would be doing up downs until I couldn't feel my chest and Med ball sprints until I couldn't feel my thighs.

Lane's clearly lackadaisical approach -- agreed. But, in general, none of FSU's WRs looked to be going full speed on that drill, which IMO is not nearly the big deal the majority in the thread want to make it out to be. It was obviously introduction of a drill focused on getting the footwork down and ramping it up afterwards. If you do that full speed from the get go then you never really get the opportunity to focus on the details of the footwork

Advertisement
For the plethora of non-coaches on this board, it is quite reasonable to begin drills at a slower pace in order to perfect all skills required. The coach and player focus is on the correct foot work and not the speed. The speed comes when the coach sees the proper technique including body position and arm action as well as foot work. To take a 1 minute practice clip of one drill to evaluate a college skill group is preposterous and embarrassing quite frankly. Get some perspective.
no actually it's not especially when you're two weeks into spring practice and in high school baseball or football if i did that **** during drills, I would be doing up downs until I couldn't feel my chest and Med ball sprints until I couldn't feel my thighs.

Lane's clearly lackadaisical approach -- agreed. But, in general, none of FSU's WRs looked to be going full speed on that drill, which IMO is not nearly the big deal the majority in the thread want to make it out to be. It was obviously introduction of a drill focused on getting the footwork down and ramping it up afterwards. If you do that full speed from the get go then you never really get the opportunity to focus on the details of the footwork
But Rudolph looked like he cared, you don't go 100% percent all the time but you make sure you do the little things right and to say "well it's reasonable not to begin drills at full speed" is not an excuse for lackadaisical footwork. The other two looked like they didn't give a **** and didn't want to be there based on their effort. As much as it pains me to show any support to FSU in any way, That's disrespectful to their position coach, to Jimbo Fisher, and to the rest of the team and they should've been chewed out and have down up downs until their chest collapsed. If that would've happened here I would've lost my F'ing mind but if their coaches don't care that's on them and their record's gonna reflect. Glad Ermon Lane bandwagons his lazy *** up to FSU instead of helping stink up the joint with the prior coaching staff.

Last edited:
Lane would be the second best WR on our team right now just being honest. He was overrated tho.

Lane would be the third best receiver. Berrios and Cager had better years, and there stats suck, lol! Lane didn't have better stats than Berrios, who only played in 9 games, or Cager, who played in 8 games.

Nah, Lane Rec 6, yds 50, td 0

Berrios Rec 12, yds 86, td 0

Cager Rec 8, yds 70, td 1

Coley. **** i would rather have A Richards and he hasn't even stepped on campus. I never thought much of Lane. But you couldn't tell the Dade county homers on the board he wasn't the sht.

Lane would be the second best WR on our team right now just being honest. He was overrated tho.

Lane would be the third best receiver. Berrios and Cager had better years, and there stats suck, lol! Lane didn't have better stats than Berrios, who only played in 9 games, or Cager, who played in 8 games.

Stop it Berrios is trash I would take Lane over him in a heart beat. Lane is just lazy.

What exactly makes Lane better than Berrios? Only lazy. ....that's kind of an important thing.

How many practices have they had? Do you know? Can you read the mind of the receivers coach? Are you really saying one can make a summative evaluation based on a 1 minute video. If yes, I would say you should put on a coaching hat and whistle immediately because you would b the shiit.

Advertisement
The very point of doing drill work is to "get the thing right" small skills and major skills. If a player is having difficulty simulating how the coach wants him to execute the drill; the best teaching method is to slow his movement down until he can replicate the movement correctly. Only then would you speed the drill up and then you make them do it until it embeds into their muscle memory and becomes an unconscious movement. By the way, athletes learn at different rates. We do NOT know shiit from a 1 minute video as compared to the coaches that are there with them day in and day out. The very same athletes their jobs depend upon.

If they are ***ing around and being turds and this is a possibility, then the coach is shiit and they won't have to worry about developing a passing game. The coach would need to worry about his next job. The evidence by the past FSU product says they may have an idea how to coach but I am sure you know better.

But Rudolph looked like he cared, you don't go 100% percent all the time but you make sure you do the little things right and to say "well it's reasonable not to begin drills at full speed" is not an excuse for lackadaisical footwork. The other two looked like they didn't give a **** and didn't want to be there based on their effort. As much as it pains me to show any support to FSU in any way, That's disrespectful to their position coach, to Jimbo Fisher, and to the rest of the team and they should've been chewed out and have down up downs until their chest collapsed. If that would've happened here I would've lost my F'ing mind.

Who are to arguing with? I agree that lane looked like he didn't care.

Here's the bigger point -- who gives a f**k?!

People are making this 30 second clip into something when it might just be the least relevant thread ever posted on this board. I'm sad that I'm wasting moments of my life discussing it. I guess I just go sucked in bc i get annoyed by overly judgmental people acting like they know it all

Think your're forgetting Coley. Coley, Cager, Berrios are all > Lane. Richards, Mullins, and Bruce are better on Day One.

But Rudolph looked like he cared, you don't go 100% percent all the time but you make sure you do the little things right and to say "well it's reasonable not to begin drills at full speed" is not an excuse for lackadaisical footwork. The other two looked like they didn't give a **** and didn't want to be there based on their effort. As much as it pains me to show any support to FSU in any way, That's disrespectful to their position coach, to Jimbo Fisher, and to the rest of the team and they should've been chewed out and have down up downs until their chest collapsed. If that would've happened here I would've lost my F'ing mind.

People are making this 30 second clip into something when it might just be the least relevant thread ever posted on this board. I'm sad that I'm wasting moments of my life discussing it. I guess I just go sucked in bc i get annoyed by overly judgmental people acting like they know it all
Know it all?? Are you kidding me, I wasn't arguing with you but now I'm ****ed about saying who the **** cares where's there's kids like me who blew his knee out his senior year and had his scholarship pulled and people like my buddy Mark Barr who had to medically retire due to a bad accident who love an opportunity like the one they have and that's what they're doing with it.

Advertisement

Give it up man you can't win it's too many of them.

Know it all?? Are you kidding me, I wasn't arguing with you but now I'm ****ed about saying who the **** cares where's there's kids like me who blew his knee out his senior year and had his scholarship pulled and people like my buddy Mark Barr who had to medically retire due to a bad accident who love an opportunity like the one they have and that's what they're doing with it.

Uh oh guys! Now he's ****ed!

" Beware the Tyranny of the majority" Da Tocqueville
there IS NO GIVE UP IN MY HOUSE

Uh oh guys! Now he's ****ed!
g1338964568942672395.jpg

Advertisement
Haven't beaten them since 09 but lets make fun of the way they practice in the spring. CIS is always good for some laughs.

Advertisement
Campbell did the drill pretty much right you are supposed to go through the middle of the cones for the first to after planting and getting your eyes up and then on the last one catch and not run through the middle.

Ermon did horrible and he probably is the oldest of the three as a junior. Pathetic

lmao i can't believe hes a junior

I don't question Lane's effort in this video. It's his athleticism that's the problem. Dude has no footwork, hips, or agility. He is a total stiff.

Advertisement
Back