FSU offense

FSU was in absolute freefall last year heading into our game. They were a mess. Yet they still beat us in our house. They will be favored this year. We can win but we'll be the underdog and it'll be a battle. Francois vs whoever we roll out at qb is a big advantage for them that is being down played too much in this thread.

Also I give the advantage to jimbo over richt in big rivalry games. Jimbo finds a way to get it done, he'll have his team ready. Rick track record is more hit or miss in rivalry games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People forget, we've had the lead against them 3 years in a row and have failed to get it done. You can't overlook any aspect of this rivalry, and Jimbo's track record in these games is a huge advantage. Actually, it's the biggest. He's done everything from blow us out to come from behind. My fear is that Richt enters the game trying to protect his team, especially his quarterback from getting blownout. That is the biggest mistake coaches make-- playing too keep it close vs. playing to win is a terrible message to send any team-- young or not.

their te's aint that bad. They will have a running game. And Jimbo will be able to call that skinny post to one of their below avg wrs on third downs over 6 yds. Dude has got 3-4 qbs in the league off of that sh*t.

Last edited:
People forget, we've had the lead against them 3 years in a row and have failed to get it done. You can't overlook any aspect of this rivalry, and Jimbo's track record in these games is a huge advantage. Actually, it's the biggest. He's done everything from blow us out to come from behind. My fear is that Richt enters the game trying to protect his team, especially his quarterback from getting blownout. That is the biggest mistake coaches make-- playing too keep it close vs. playing to win is a terrible message to send any team-- young or not.
Who really coaches a team to protect them in our biggest rivalry?.... come on now golden is not the coach anymore smfh. The caliber of our defense and playmakers wouldn't allow it. This Fsu team shouldn't scare anyone.... cook and winston are gone

Last edited:
Who really coaches a team to protect them in our biggest rivalry?.... come on now golden is not the coach anymore smfh. The caliber of our defense is and playmakers wouldn't allow it. This Fsu team shouldn't scare anyone.... cook and winston are gone
Then please explain the Coker T appearance in the second half last year's FSU game, brock. We never even pressed Njoku against their depleted safeties.

Also, you are clearly not aware of Richt's reputation at UGA in rivalry games.

It is the one concern I have he has yet to address, partly because he hasn't had time and partly because last season we needed our backs againat a wall to open things up. We never came out aggressive, we only got aggressive when the more conservative gameplan failed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Who really coaches a team to protect them in our biggest rivalry?.... come on now golden is not the coach anymore smfh. The caliber of our defense is and playmakers wouldn't allow it. This Fsu team shouldn't scare anyone.... cook and winston are gone
Then please explain the Coker T appearance in the second half last year's FSU game, brock. We never even pressed Njoku against their depleted safeties.

It is the one concern I have he has yet to address, partly because he hasn't had time and partly because last season we needed our backs againat a wall to open things up. We never came out aggressive, we only got aggressive when the more conservative gameplan failed.

Funny how you are quick to mention he never showed up in rivalry games(uf) but never mentioning his record over ga tech, auburn, ole miss, Tennessee and other sec teams
He had winning records over 2 out of 3 of uga's biggest rivals (10-5 vs auburn, 10-5 vs Tennessee, 5-10 vs uf)

Last edited:
The past few years I felt good about the FSU game and was disappointed. I just don't feel good about the timing of this game. It will be our first real game and they'll be battle tested vs Bama. I think our best chance against FSU will be in the ACC championship after our QB situation has become stable.

Who is their new QB? Cook is a big loss for them but the Frenchman was mediocre at best and his replacement might be an upgrade.

Last edited:
Who really coaches a team to protect them in our biggest rivalry?.... come on now golden is not the coach anymore smfh. The caliber of our defense and playmakers wouldn't allow it. This Fsu team shouldn't scare anyone.... cook and winston are gone

And before that this board said the same thing about freeman. FSU has talent all over the depth chart when are you guys going to realize that and stop pumping up player like Walton as if he is a elite player

Advertisement

And before that this board said the same thing about freeman. FSU has talent all over the depth chart when are you guys going to realize that and stop pumping up player like Walton as if he is a elite player
He's better than any back they have returning from last year roster. Akers is talented but I'm not going to prop him up to be as good or better than cook though without playing a down. Only position where fsu has an overwhelming talent advantage is at db and the depth at running back. Everywhere else it's either a wash or in Miami's favor

Last edited:

Funny how you are quick to mention he never showed up in rivalry games(uf) but never mentioning his record over ga tech, auburn, ole miss, Tennessee and other sec teams
He had winning records over 2 out of 3 of uga's biggest rivals (10-5 vs auburn, 10-5 vs Tennessee, 5-10 vs uf)
LOL, Georgia Tech? Ole Miss? You're on another planet if you even mention Georgia Tech, and really the rest of those teams, in the same thought as UiF. When you're the HC @ UGA, beating the Gaterz is not just part of the job, it IS the job. He lost those games 2 to 1. That's like saying a UM coach has a winning record against VT, Pitt and UNC but not FSU. That won't cut it.

No coach is perfect, but that is the glaring spot on his resume he needs to address to be successful here. Winning the Coastal but going 1 for 3 against the Noles won't cut it.

Last edited:
Best thing for us is getting them damaged from Bama. I don't give a **** give me the wounded animal we just need to ******* win

LOL, Georgia Tech? Ole Miss? You're on another planet if you even mention Georgia Tech, and really the rest of those teams, in the same thought as UiF. When you're the HC @ UGA, beating the Gaterz is not just part of the job, it IS the job. He lost those games 2 to 1. That's like saying a UM coach has a winning record against VT, Pitt and UNC but not FSU. That won't cut it.

No coach is perfect, but that is the glaring spot on his resume he needs to address to be successful here. Winning the Coastal but going 1 for 3 against the Noles won't cut it.

And was 10-5 vs auburn and 10-5 vs tennesse 2 of uga's biggest rivals too

Advertisement

And was 10-5 vs auburn and 10-5 vs tennesse 2 of uga's biggest rivals too
You said that already, it doesn't disprove or make his record against UF any more palatable. Sorry.

It's really weird that people are sucking off FSU's offense. They scored a whole 20 pts against us last year, and they had better personnel than they will have this year.

Plus our defense is going to be even better than it was last year. Our front 7 will eat them alive.

Obviously, the issue will be our offense, and whether we can do anything vs their D.

But it's pretty laughable to think our defense should be wetting their pants at the sight of FSU

Advertisement
It's really weird that people are sucking off FSU's offense. They scored a whole 20 pts against us last year, and they had better personnel than they will have this year.

Plus our defense is going to be even better than it was last year. Our front 7 will eat them alive.

Obviously, the issue will be our offense, and whether we can do anything vs their D.

But it's pretty laughable to think our defense should be wetting their pants at the sight of FSU

Couldn't agree more. Our D will perform and give us a chance to win. The big question is our offense. If we can get 21+ points on offense we've got a really good shot to win this game.

It has been a trend lately on this board.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The FSU boards are saying the same crap about UM...UM lost Njoku, Coley, Isadora on O and the entire starting secondary on D. I do not believe the secondary will be as good as last year at UM simply because they haven't played together. Talent wise I think it's similar. The problem with not playing together is that Um will end up giving up a few more big plays than last season. I also think UM will create more turnovers this season because the Dline is up there with any team ever. Now, on offense losing Isadora isn't that big of a deal if Donaldson steps up. I think FSU has a bigger loss on the OL with Johnson. Losing Coley is bigger than losing Rudolph. Rudolph was a classic overrated FSU WR we see time and time again. He isn't athletic (look at the combine numbers) and has a strange body type for football. Coley made big time plays in big time games. UM fans are hoping Thomas, Harley, Mullins and Cager are going to make up for the loses of Coley and Njoku. That's a big maybe by game 3. I get a chubby thinking about 4 going 80 yards on those Noles but he's a true frosh. Richards had 4 catches for 50 something yards last year against FSU.

Let's look at matchups and key losses...

1) Coley bigger loss than Rudolph +1 FSU
2) Cook bigger loss than Yearby/Gus +4 UM
3) Johnson bigger loss than Isadora +1 UM
4) Walker loss +2 UM
5) Njoku loss +2 FSU
6) FSU gets back James +3 FSU
7) UM gets back Cager + 1 UM
8) UM loss entire secondary + 2 FSU

FSU OL vs UM DL advantage UM
FSU DL vs UM OL advantage FSU (FSU will have a healthy Sweat and depth)
FSU RBs vs. UM LBs advantage UM (UM finally has depth and experience)
FSU LB's vs UM RB's equal (UMs lacks depth and FSU returns all starters)
FSU WRs vs UMs Sec. equal (New starters everywhere on both teams)
FSU Sec vs. UMs WRs equal (FSU has depth at CB and James, UM has Richards but loses Coley, can the Frosh/Cager/Mullins step up?)
FSU QB vs UM QB advantage FSU
Special Teams equal (UM better on returns but unknown at Punter)

On paper this match up is pretty equal no matter how you look at it.

I
The FSU boards are saying the same crap about UM...UM lost Njoku, Coley, Isadora on O and the entire starting secondary on D. I do not believe the secondary will be as good as last year at UM simply because they haven't played together. Talent wise I think it's similar. The problem with not playing together is that Um will end up giving up a few more big plays than last season. I also think UM will create more turnovers this season because the Dline is up there with any team ever. Now, on offense losing Isadora isn't that big of a deal if Donaldson steps up. I think FSU has a bigger loss on the OL with Johnson. Losing Coley is bigger than losing Rudolph. Rudolph was a classic overrated FSU WR we see time and time again. He isn't athletic (look at the combine numbers) and has a strange body type for football. Coley made big time plays in big time games. UM fans are hoping Thomas, Harley, Mullins and Cager are going to make up for the loses of Coley and Njoku. That's a big maybe by game 3. I get a chubby thinking about 4 going 80 yards on those Noles but he's a true frosh. Richards had 4 catches for 50 something yards last year against FSU.

Let's look at matchups and key losses...

1) Coley bigger loss than Rudolph +1 FSU
2) Cook bigger loss than Yearby/Gus +4 UM
3) Johnson bigger loss than Isadora +1 UM
4) Walker loss +2 UM
5) Njoku loss +2 FSU
6) FSU gets back James +3 FSU
7) UM gets back Cager + 1 UM
8) UM loss entire secondary + 2 FSU

FSU OL vs UM DL advantage UM
FSU DL vs UM OL advantage FSU (FSU will have a healthy Sweat and depth)
FSU RBs vs. UM LBs advantage UM (UM finally has depth and experience)
FSU LB's vs UM RB's equal (UMs lacks depth and FSU returns all starters)
FSU WRs vs UMs Sec. equal (New starters everywhere on both teams)
FSU Sec vs. UMs WRs equal (FSU has depth at CB and James, UM has Richards but loses Coley, can the Frosh/Cager/Mullins step up?)
FSU QB vs UM QB advantage FSU
Special Teams equal (UM better on returns but unknown at Punter)

On paper this match up is pretty equal no matter how you look at it.

Njoku is an excellent talent no doubt. However chris herndon will step right in and produce just as much

Advertisement
Back