FSU Let's be real

Advertisement
Others would know better than me. I see modest improvement but a lot of the same flaws that led to 51-10.

The Notre Dame game was pretty unique and they still lost. They may have 4 losses before our game. And who knows how we respond the next couple weeks.

Your previous post observed that "these guys suck". That would imply that you'd think we'd be comfortably favored if we played next week (unless you think we also suck). Do you think we'd be comfortably favored if we played them next week?

Outside of a fake big game against a team with a qb that couldn’t start at ucf over a true freshman we’ve been pushed in in every big game we’ve played with Manny as the dc. The Wisconsin’s, the LSUs the Clemson’s the Bama. Then you throw in all the battles with mediocre teams. There’s enough data here to suggest it’s not menstrual bleeding, but just people seeing all they need to see. He’s not going to win big games against talented teams. Ever. He’s not even going to look competitive
I said as much yesterday..

Manny’s Defensive success is predicated on disruption and TO’s …you can disrupt the lesser teams and force them into TO’s…Teams like the ones you mentioned are well coached and this Mickey Mouse sHT doesn’t work on them and they don’t get rattled.

Manny needs to hire a DC and let him run his own scheme period cause 1) he’s having a hard enough time trying to be a HC and 2) his system sucks no matter whose running it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Early in the game, ND's TE dropped two would-be first downs. They both would have almost certainly led to points. At that stage in the game, ND's offense was moving the ball at will. They should have had a much larger lead early.

Their TE also dropped a pass that would have put them in 50-yd FG range at game's end.

Other than the missed FG in OT, FSU didn't leave points on the board. In that respect it was remarkably one-sided. That's how major upsets happen.

FSU got a big play, the crowd got into it, and they took a 20-17 lead early 3rd. Two of their TD were one-off big plays: an 89 yard run and a deep pass. Their offense sustained one other drive to that point.

ND turned them over twice and moved the ball at will to take a 38-20 lead. Game should have been over. Credit FSU for continuing to play hard. Criticize ND for playing bad defense, especially in sheme and calls.

Did FSU show more "heart" than us? Yes. Is that also easier at home, against a team without Alabama's roster, and against a DC who mails it in? Also yes.
Whether or not they are even on the same level as bama isn't relevant to me. They are a good squad whether y'all give them credit or not. Also that bama squad either isn't some world beaters their **** selves OR Nick Satan knew we were such a joke that he dialed their gameplan back to caveman. Being honest with yourself bama showed nothing and like anyone with a brain knew they just came out and ran the ball down our throat all night... T.o.p. was all they cared about and just reminding us that physically and schematically we are incapable of playing with ANY of the big boys... That's the sad part even our own players knew this was just about a small man & his ego. But our fans will never grasp that. Well talk all kinds of **** about every other program but heaven forbid we be honest with ourselves.

Whether or not they are even on the same level as bama isn't relevant to me. They are a good squad whether y'all give them credit or not. Also that bama squad either isn't some world beaters their **** selves OR Nick Satan knew we were such a joke that he dialed their gameplan back to caveman. Being honest with yourself bama showed nothing and like anyone with a brain knew they just came out and ran the ball down our throat all night... T.o.p. was all they cared about and just reminding us that physically and schematically we are incapable of playing with ANY of the big boys... That's the sad part even our own players knew this was just about a small man & his ego. But our fans will never grasp that. Well talk all kinds of **** about every other program but heaven forbid we be honest with ourselves.
Do you think we lose to that Notre Dame squad at home if we played them to open this season?

I really doubt it.

Yeah, it's a problem.

If you're asking me whether I believe we'd beat ND if we lined up today, I'd tell you we wouldn't.

Nobody is going to “be real.” The perception RIGHT NOW is FSU is on the rise and Miami looked the same as the last decade. Until ND shows they aren’t good (They aren’t) and FSU struggles (they will), that’s what it is. Why is that so hard to understand? When you are as bad as FSU has been, even a little bit of competence is seen as growth.
Maybe the narrative should be fspoo isn't that good but they at least care & we ARE exactly what we've been the last decade. A poorly coached squad that's not prepared to play any significant football...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you think we lose to that Notre Dame squad at home if we played them to open this season?

I really doubt it.
I didn't watch one single snap of that game only saw the highlights that kept popping up. Again it's not about other teams. I simply look at us cause this is all that matters to me. So I can't answer that honestly. I don't think we are prepared to play any competently coached physical squad. Are they either of those factors? I guess for me I'd probably turn that question around and say with the gameplan & level of execution we DID come out with, against what team do you feel that would've been enough? Now be honest with yourself instead of being a fan and just factoring in bama and the fact their first second AND third units all whooped our starters asses. Look at this line and what they have previously shown. It's not relevant how experienced they are if that experience has shown they aren't competent as a unit. Same for the running game. Bama wasn't the factor that stopped us from running the ball. It was shown last year emphatically that our ground game with cam in particular is abysmal if I'm being real & inconsistent if I'm being nice. We know the strengths of our team but at what point other than the first drive of the second half did we really embrace that? Since when is our passing game predicated by running plays period let alone going 27 off tackle? We literally spent the whole off-season drilling into these kids tempo tempo TEMPO than showed up and did the opposite... Lashlee reminded me of his flaws all day this weekend. But that's enough out of me. I'm 60k down from getting spotted 20 by multiple gayturds and ***** holes. Now I'm gonna have to hear about it all month. ****** Louis sent me a whole god **** bottle presentation yesterday at Liv making fun of us 3 different times that he literally paid for with my money... I couldn't even be hot cause I would've done it three times worse.

Just to be clear in case no one has posted it. Using italics does not cover your schtick or make you appear any less Miami self-hating guy.

The only way you roll a QB out there against Bama not named King, is if King couldn’t go.

And if we sent TVD out there instead of King, you’d be right back here using italics and different fonts, hieroglyphics or symbols *****ing about that too.
I agree. HOWEVER with that gameplan there was no need to rush d eriq back & throw him out there. From a coaching and preparation standpoint we didn't show up to compete. So if that was the approach then why not go big picture and invest in your future and play one of the young kids at qb. Cause defenses like this is what you build from. The experience would've made alot more sense to any coach who has a clue at least.

Advertisement
Back