FSU game not happening? -Travel and Hurricane Damage

Advertisement
Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Wow that is a Goldenized porst.

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

You're totally right. 14 - 0 National Champions. Tickets ordered.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.
There are people on this board who just want to troll other posters. Gotta ignore those retards.

At this point I hope the FSU game gets postponed to October like 7th or whenever we have our bye. Because if we have to play FSU with only like a couple days of practice in 2 weeks, while pretty much everyone is evacuated and not focused, we might lose, especially if fau has been practicing the entire time.

Football is not on the minds of the local guys. That isn't going to be their focus. This thing will have an impact longer than a week if Miami takes a direct hit.

Kids families displaced. Messed up for weeks if not months. Football should be the last thing this program is worried about for a while. Focus on the kids, their families, and if Miami metro area is jacked up emotionally the last thing these kids would be worried about for the foreseeable future would be football.

Family first. Canes 2nd.

See, I disagree. I feel getting back to football is important. The Saints after Katrina are a great example of this. Allowed the city of New Orleans to rally and got people's minds off of things, if for only a few hours. Frankly I feel the Hurricanes should move the football team out of State with their immediate family, they could probably get state funding for this. Have practices somewhere in Georgia or Alabama. Many of these senior players are counting on a good season for their livelihood.

Football is not on the minds of the local guys. That isn't going to be their focus. This thing will have an impact longer than a week if Miami takes a direct hit.

Kids families displaced. Messed up for weeks if not months. Football should be the last thing this program is worried about for a while. Focus on the kids, their families, and if Miami metro area is jacked up emotionally the last thing these kids would be worried about for the foreseeable future would be football.

Family first. Canes 2nd.

See, I disagree. I feel getting back to football is important. The Saints after Katrina are a great example of this. Allowed the city of New Orleans to rally and got people's minds off of things, if for only a few hours. Frankly I feel the Hurricanes should move the football team out of State with their immediate family, they could probably get state funding for this. Have practices somewhere in Georgia or Alabama. Many of these senior players are counting on a good season for their livelihood.

+

Advertisement

Family first. Canes 2nd.

I never thought of that. Even though it's possibly a multi-billion dollar catastrophe, there is probably state funding earmarked for private school football teams that want to move their entire operation to another state.

Have you sent this gem to Blake James and Rick Scott?

I don't think flooding is as big of a concern as the actually wind. I haven't seen anything suggesting a huge amount of rain like Harvey.

Advertisement

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.
There are people on this board who just want to troll other posters. Gotta ignore those retards.

Look at the posts you quoted again, and tell me who the ****** is.

I don't troll...when I see posts that are as dumb as that - sometimes I can't stroll idly by. Somehow FSU is already an assumed loss, it will just be a bigger blowout loss due to the fact that their true freshman quarterback gets three extra weeks? GTFOH.

Think before posting is the best advice I can give.

Postponing the FSU game to October 7th makes it harder for us, yes - but in the big picture, who cares. I hope the players, coaches, students, and families of everyone in the path of this behemoth get through OK - and then we can go back to playing some football. Until then - chill the **** out man.

I love how the same fans that acted like we should have played the game this weekend are the same ones already declaring the FSU game getting cancelled. Some people just love to watch the board burn.

Miami is about to get crushed. FSU, next week, isn't happening. If GT doesn't move that game then the media better destroy their ***.

Advertisement

Family first. Canes 2nd.

I never thought of that. Even though it's possibly a multi-billion dollar catastrophe, there is probably state funding earmarked for private school football teams that want to move their entire operation to another state.

LOL - the state is going to fund a private school's room, board, and expenses, and their family's, in out-of-state accommodations while struggling with funding for a possible multi-billion dollar rebuild.

Yea, that avi fits the porster perfectly.

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Which 3 or 4 teams are you projecting to beat Miami this season?

It's easy to throw out the win/loss predictions but you should call who you think Miami will lose to.

It's easy to throw out the win/loss predictions but you should call who you think Miami will lose to.

It's right there in my post. It's almost as easy to read as it is to throw out the win/loss predictions but you should read who I think Miami will lose to.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's right there in my post. It's almost as easy to read as it is to throw out the win/loss predictions but you should read who I think Miami will lose to.

Nah... you named 5 teams, solidified one 'L' (@FSU), and said we'd lose 3-4 total..

Any jackass can call out half of our schedule and claim a few 'L's without really standing behind it.
You already started, so be that dude all the way and call the other 2 or 3 'L's since you're riding with FSU.

And remember, GT, VT, & ND are all coming to Miami.

Last edited:

Family first. Canes 2nd.

Yas! Pure genius!

Probably earmarked in the FEMA budget. Or, when Trump signs a special appropriation for Florida after Irma like he did for Texas after Harvey, he can allocate a million or so to temporarily relocate the team and families.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back