FSU game not happening? -Travel and Hurricane Damage

There goes the season.

IF that game moves to 10/7, that's going to be tough on the guys. You're going to have GT 4 days later, and literally no breaks throughout the season.

But I agree---I don't think the game gets played next week

This.

If we can't play next week due to the hurricane, which would be totally understandable, then they should just CANCEL the game outright.

Don't reschedule it for the 7th.

Like I've said all along - Irma isn't a danger to a single one of these kids. But what might hurt them is having to play 3 games in 2 weeks.

Advertisement
I'll say it again, we ain't losing to Blackman, this week or any other week this season. FSU takin that L. And I'm not the least bit worried about the GT triple option that Golden himself defeated 4 out of 5 years, gtfoh.

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Wow that is a Goldenized porst.

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

You're totally right. 14 - 0 National Champions. Tickets ordered.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.

Maybe you should take a break then.

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.

Maybe you should take a break then.

now that is a good idea

Advertisement
-1987. Miami won 12 games. First game on September 5, second game September 26. 10 straight weekends played with no bye - and won all.
-1991. Miami hurricanes football team won nine straight weekends with no bye week and won the National Championship.
-1994. 8 games won in succession with no bye.

We don't need no stinking bye week.

-1987. Miami won 12 games. First game on September 5, second game September 26. 10 straight weekends played with no bye - and won all.
-1991. Miami hurricanes football team won nine straight weekends with no bye week and won the National Championship.

But we actually did have bye weeks during those seasons. So I'm not quite sure what your point is.

How the **** are we ok with the team splitting up? This just ruined our season. The game should have been played and we should have stayed in another city.

Advertisement

I'm actually going to agree with you that bye weeks are overrated.

But if we played FSU on October 7th, we would have to turn around and play Georgia tech 4 days later. That DOES matter.

If you claim to be all about the kids, if you claim that health is more important than football, then you shouldn't wish that on them.

They should just cancel the FSU game outright if they're not going to play it next week.

There goes the season.

IF that game moves to 10/7, that's going to be tough on the guys. You're going to have GT 4 days later, and literally no breaks throughout the season.

But I agree---I don't think the game gets played next week
That will become our Trap game for sure now

If the game is rescheduled the weekend of 10/7, no reason it can't be on a Friday. We play Duke the Friday before, FSU plays the saturday before and after. That would give us 7 days between Duke/FSU, and 6 days between FSU/GT. FSU would have 6 and 8 days between their games. I think that is more likely than moving the GT game from Thursday to Sunday, since that game is already scheduled as the national game that night.

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Agree to a point.
This will most likely add 1 loss to whatever prediction on the season anyone had.
I was at 10-2. It could very well be 9-3.
If we lose to GT, it won't be because of scheme. We know what they do. It will be lack of rest on the short week.
Gauntlet is a little strong for VT, ND, and UNC.

What sucks is that we must beat FSU because if we were to lose to FSU and G Tech becomes our trap game and we were to lose that one also. That would give us two losses in conference, which would probably put us out of the coastal race

Advertisement
I don't know why playing a doubleheader somewhere hasn't been floated? We share some common opponents. Let's play 2!

How about playing FSU on 10/7 and moving the GT to Saturday 10/14? If James has a backbone he will force the ACC to change both games. Make this a big deal in the news if the ACC doesn't change it!

If this storm is a direct hit there will be massive damage throughout South Florida. Lives will be lost, homes will be destroyed and some of you are concerned about when we play FSU. Our players should be out in the community helping youngsters get through it. What's the point of our guys being role models if they aren't there when the times are tough. The community will get behind this team when it is time to play ball.

Advertisement
If the game is rescheduled the weekend of 10/7, no reason it can't be on a Friday. We play Duke the Friday before, FSU plays the saturday before and after. That would give us 7 days between Duke/FSU, and 6 days between FSU/GT. FSU would have 6 and 8 days between their games. I think that is more likely than moving the GT game from Thursday to Sunday, since that game is already scheduled as the national game that night.

I hadn't thought of that - good point and it makes a lot of sense...well, except I'm sure for the TV bean-counter types, who will bemoan the fact that Friday night won't bring in the same ratings from the people we don't care about for a game of this magnitude.

I'm actually going to agree with you that bye weeks are overrated.

But if we played FSU on October 7th, we would have to turn around and play Georgia tech 4 days later. That DOES matter.

If you claim to be all about the kids, if you claim that health is more important than football, then you shouldn't wish that on them.

They should just cancel the FSU game outright if they're not going to play it next week.
Hmmm...

I don't care if the FSU game is canceled. One bit. It's not lost on me that it would be nearly impossible to prepare. We can still win out the rest of our schedule; win the ACCCG and yes, I'd put an 11-0 team before the committee. If FSU is part of the championship game, great! We get the chance to begin the new streak. If not, F 'em! Maybe we make CFP, maybe not. But we'll still get our recruits and crush LSU to start 2019. Plus when was the last time we went undefeated or won 11 games?

I only defended bye weeks because it was mentioned previously. Byes are not the end all be all. And, it's obvious from the previous paragraph that I wouldn't advocate for playing on four days rest.

As for the kids...if I were "ALL for the kids" I might be counseling them not to play this game anymore. About how little we MIGHT NOT know about CTE and damage to the brain. But since I'm JUST "for the kids", I will be for almost any protection even if it lessens or damages college football.

Straw man argument of the century.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back