FSU game not happening? -Travel and Hurricane Damage

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Wow that is a Goldenized porst.

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

You're totally right. 14 - 0 National Champions. Tickets ordered.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.

If you can't see that the issue is with the details of your post, then I can't help you. Specifically, you're preaching the idea that giving their true freshman QB 3 games experience automatically equates to us losing to them. So, in your mind, the only possible way we beat FSU this year is if the true freshman QB is as green as possible. It's just a super defeatist post and a super soft attitude. Sorry you're not more popular, bud

Advertisement
it's toledo week

Beat the Mud Hens!

Klinger-MudHens.gif

The team is already being told that there is a high likelihood the FSU game will be moved to later in the season.

Advertisement
If the game is moved to 10/7 there can be problems for fans. The biggest cross country meet in Florida is held in Tallahassee that weekend and roughly 200 teams from all over Florida and parts of Georgia descend on Trailerhasse that day. Hotels are probably already sold out or almost full. I know it doesn't really relate to the football game but for fans travelling it could be a logistical nightmare. Football is obviously not the top priority right now and I hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

This was definitely coming. There is no way to predict the damage this storm is going to leave behind.

Be safe everyone in the tri county area.

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.

You do realize there is life outside of college football, right? I'd rather the team lose 4 games than to lose lives. But no, not some of you. You need a college football team to give your lives meaning. Man, that must suck.

Advertisement
You do realize there is life outside of college football, right? I'd rather the team lose 4 games than to lose lives. But no, not some of you. You need a college football team to give your lives meaning. Man, that must suck.

"Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished." That is a direct quote from my original post about them hypothetically rescheduling the FSU game to 10/7. I realize there are more important things; my only point was that it would, in my opinion, have a negative impact on the season.

college football helps give my life meaning and it doesnt suck at all.

college football helps give my life meaning and it doesnt suck at all.

Without it I am adrift. Put me on suicide watch for all of our sakes.

Advertisement
Undeniably the season is ruined & this team/staff gets a 100% pass in my opinion. You can't play good football like this. A. your mind is off the game B. no practice C. team split up D. no bye week to rest up...

Advertisement
If the game is moved to 10/7 there can be problems for fans. The biggest cross country meet in Florida is held in Tallahassee that weekend and roughly 200 teams from all over Florida and parts of Georgia descend on Trailerhasse that day. Hotels are probably already sold out or almost full. I know it doesn't really relate to the football game but for fans travelling it could be a logistical nightmare. Football is obviously not the top priority right now and I hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

Just went on hotels.com and booked a room, just in case. There were a ton left and at great prices. I'd recommend taking a look and booking a refundable one before (if) they do change the date of the game and prices jump up

https://www.hotels.com/search.do?re...rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0

Undeniably the season is ruined & this team/staff gets a 100% pass in my opinion. You can't play good football like this. A. your mind is off the game B. no practice C. team split up D. no bye week to rest up...

I can tell you that football is certainly not on the mind of the local guys on this team. Very tough situation.

Advertisement
Back