FSU (Game 2) 7pm ACCN

9-1 is the final. No change from last night turned out to be the operative phrase after all.

Advertisement
Relying on federman to salvage the series against a hot hitting fsu team...what could go wrong lol...also really sick of seeing pathetic AB after pathetic AB...other than CDC its hard to have faith in any of these hitters consistently. Lala can work a count but who else do you consistently feel confident about when they step to the plate?

Relying on federman to salvage the series against a hot hitting fsu team...what could go wrong lol...also really sick of seeing pathetic AB after pathetic AB...other than CDC its hard to have faith in any of these hitters consistently. Lala can work a count but who else do you consistently feel confident about when they step to the plate?

UNF and Pittsburgh were exponentially more competitive against FSU than we have been. Something is wrong in the program, but this started years ago.

UNF and Pittsburgh were exponentially more competitive against FSU than we have been. Something is wrong in the program, but this started years ago.
Unfortunately I have to agree. The UM program as a whole has not truly been competitive nationally in the big 3 sports in a long time...there's been a few misleading high rankings thru out the years in fball and baseball but truthfully there hasn't been a championship caliber team in a long time. 2015-16 baseball team was the last one i can think of...way longer in football and rarely ever in hoops. Its tough to be a fan of this program sometimes

Advertisement
You ain’t never lied. Broken record with this program. I consider it the most frustrating of the 3 major sports at UM
Football is pretty frustrating too but I've become accustomed to them blowing it year after year. I think baseball is so frustrating because they have had the most potential of the 3 major sports over the last 10-15 yrs

Advertisement
Not buying the youth argument. Changes need to be made on this staff, I think. Something is fundamentally wrong with this team.

agreed.

definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

we've been off for a while, and no one seems to have the answers or even care

Advertisement
Are y’all more worried about the team winning or bragging rights??

It’s OK to admit you’re sad that you can’t puff your chest and it bothers you.
^^^This is the immunity to losing that Blake James has worked so hard to instill in the fan base.

Two blowout losses, at home, to a mediocre FSU team? Meh, who cares. Just be happy that we have a team.

Not buying the youth argument. Changes need to be made on this staff, I think. Something is fundamentally wrong with this team sut up.

A coaches job is to have his team ready. So we have to waste how many years of a player until we can take away the youth excuses? Then we next move them to the veteran that has not done much category. How about we realize we do not coach them to their ability? How about we realize we continue to waste talent? How about we realize we are failing these kids due to a failure at the top for a BOT favor (and before to pacify a burned out formerly great coach)?

We keep making excuses for the same problem. Bring in good coaches and watch this team flourish. So far 4 errors tonight. It is a pattern for years, more errors than runs. So sad for these players, they deserve better.
You all need to just stop with crap. Everytime a big loss or two happens, people come out of the woodwork about firing the coaches. You weren't saying that after the series win against Florida were you? Florida should fire their coaches as well because they got blown out by FSU on Tuesday.

The players need to take accountability and yes youth matters. You have 3/4 infielders 1 year out of high school. With youth comes inconsistency. That is to be expected. No excuses for the veterans. Vilar had his first errors of the season in one game. The only thing that the coaches need to is get the players to relax and play the game freely. The players are trying too hard. Being too fine batting, on the mound, in the field. Announcer and former Cane Gabby Sanchez said it himself, "FSU is playing loose and just having fun. That's when you're most successful." He also commented on Friday thst Rosario was trying to be too fine. It was obvious that the rivalry had put undo pressure on himself. He's young and will learn from the experience.

The area that I do give some blame to the HC is hitting. The team is hitting 0.156 in this series and has the same number of strikeouts as FSU has scored runs which is 22. This team strikes out way too much and I don't agree with Gino's approach. They take too many pitches and have a bad approach with two strikes. This team has got to hit the ball to opposite field. There are so many left handed hitters in the lineup that they are going to see left handed pitching at least 2 of 3 games all year. It's very difficult for a left handed batter against a left handed pitcher because most throw from 3/4 arm slot where the pitch looks like it's coming from behind you especially on curveballs which we saw Saturday night. I know because I was a left handed hitting 1B in college. So, you have to have an opposite field approach against lefty v lefty matchups and with all hitters when they have two strikes. Our guys don't do that, but our opponents do. That' why we have so many strikeouts because this team tries to pull everything with the exception of the Del Castillo brothers. Toral had his best game when he hit 4 balls opposite field with 1HR that could have been 2. He then reverts back to trying to pull everything. He hasn't figured out that he's a better hitter if he just tries to hit the ball to the left center gap. He can hit home runs to both sides of the park if he has this approach that once again Gabby Sanchez talked about last night where this approach keeps you inside and on the baseball. Jenkins would really benefit from this approach if he'd just try to hit line drives to right center. When the pitch is inside you will naturally turn on the ball, but not as much resuling in a hit to left center rather than rolling over or hitting a fly ball to left field. Basically, an opposite field approach gets you driving the ball into both gaps.

The hitting is really the only thing I'd put on the HC. I don't personally know his hitting philosophy. I've watched several years of Miami baseball and have drawn my own conclusions of what the team's hitting approach is. They take lots of pitches to try to get themselves in favorable counts where they can just hit fastballs. This team is gorrible at hitting curveballs because they just focus on hitting fasball rather than location. The biggest thing to me is that the team needs to be more aggressive at the plate. Hit balls that our in the strikezone regardless of whether it's a fastball or curveball. They take too many pitches and get themselves in bad hitting counts when facing good pitching. Thus, the multiple 10+ strikeout games.

Our guys need to just relax, have fun, and play the game they played all their youth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A coaches job is to have his team ready. So we have to waste how many years of a player until we can take away the youth excuses? Then we next move them to the veteran that has not done much category. How about we realize we do not coach them to their ability? How about we realize we continue to waste talent? How about we realize we are failing these kids due to a failure at the top for a BOT favor (and before to pacify a burned out formerly great coach)?

We keep making excuses for the same problem. Bring in good coaches and watch this team flourish. So far 4 errors tonight. It is a pattern for years, more errors than runs. So sad for these players, they deserve better.
I disagree. Players need to hold themselves accountable. Coach needs to change hitting approach. Read my post here:

^^^This is the immunity to losing that Blake James has worked so hard to instill in the fan base.

Two blowout losses, at home, to a mediocre FSU team? Meh, who cares. Just be happy that we have a team.
FSU ain't mediocre. They blew out Florida on Tuesday. They are playing their best ball right now.

On the otherhand, our guys are hitting 0.156 with 22 strikeouts and a boatload of errors in this series.

FSU ain't mediocre. They blew out Florida on Tuesday. They are playing their best ball right now.

On the otherhand, our guys are hitting 0.156 with 22 strikeouts and a boatload of errors in this series.
FSU is absolutely mediocre. They are 9-6 and haven’t exactly played Vandy and Arkansas to start the year.

Funny how we haven’t gotten our crap together over a five year period, but FSU went from getting swept by Pitt to being elite in three weeks.

Fully expecting to leave the game very prematurely in disgust for a third day in a row.

Advertisement
Back