FSU (Game 2) 7pm ACCN

FSU is absolutely mediocre. They are 9-6 and haven’t exactly played Vandy and Arkansas to start the year.

Funny how we haven’t gotten our crap together over a five year period, but FSU went from getting swept by Pitt to being elite in three weeks.
You don't know what you're talking about. They beat the **** out of Florida, us, and took 2 of 3 in Blacksburg from VT who we lost 2 of 3 at home. We have the exact same record as them. So, whose the team that's mediocre?

Advertisement
You don't know what you're talking about. They beat the **** out of Florida, us, and took 2 of 3 in Blacksburg from VT who we lost 2 of 3 at home. We have the exact same record as them. So, whose the team that's mediocre?
Uh, there is absolutely no doubt that we are mediocre. Not sure what point you thought you were making there.

And since when does winning two of three against Virginia Freaking Tech mean something?

Advertisement
I disagree. Players need to hold themselves accountable. Coach needs to change hitting approach. Read my post here:
So now F$U is playing loose and we are not, that is the difference, well, that and our hitting. Glad you can look at the team and see that we are failing in at least one aspect. Perhaps that is why the team is not having fun due to the mental aspects of hitting poorly, but that is coaching and it starts at the top.

People coming out of the woodwork after a big loss about firing coaches? I've been here for the long haul, don't post much, but from day one disagreed with the hire, even when the coach in waiting label was given. How do you pass on a blue blood program that is failing to a coach that is helping it fail? We continue to see the same issues, yet people still want to make excuses. Can't get the talent due to the cost, we are too young, we now are not having fun. Excuses is what this program has become in all sports because we have an inept AD. A national search should have been conducted, the best coach should have been hired. At that point if it was Gino, so be it. But you and I know Gino was not the best out there, and you and I know his coaching is hurting the team. You just don't want to admit it.

As said, I would love for Gino to prove me wrong, but I do not see it.

So now F$U is playing loose and we are not, that is the difference, well, that and our hitting. Glad you can look at the team and see that we are failing in at least one aspect. Perhaps that is why the team is not having fun due to the mental aspects of hitting poorly, but that is coaching and it starts at the top.

People coming out of the woodwork after a big loss about firing coaches? I've been here for the long haul, don't post much, but from day one disagreed with the hire, even when the coach in waiting label was given. How do you pass on a blue blood program that is failing to a coach that is helping it fail? We continue to see the same issues, yet people still want to make excuses. Can't get the talent due to the cost, we are too young, we now are not having fun. Excuses is what this program has become in all sports because we have an inept AD. A national search should have been conducted, the best coach should have been hired. At that point if it was Gino, so be it. But you and I know Gino was not the best out there, and you and I know his coaching is hurting the team. You just don't want to admit it.

As said, I would love for Gino to prove me wrong, but I do not see it.
Spot on. You don’t give this program to a first time head coach. Many of us couldn’t stand Gino even when he was just the recruiting coordinator who ended the streak.

But I love the excuse that, after 20 years of no titles, we just need to play loose. Yeah, that solves everything. Why didn’t anyone think about that before.

You all need to just stop with crap. Everytime a big loss or two happens, people come out of the woodwork about firing the coaches. You weren't saying that after the series win against Florida were you? Florida should fire their coaches as well because they got blown out by FSU on Tuesday.

The players need to take accountability and yes youth matters. You have 3/4 infielders 1 year out of high school. With youth comes inconsistency. That is to be expected. No excuses for the veterans. Vilar had his first errors of the season in one game. The only thing that the coaches need to is get the players to relax and play the game freely. The players are trying too hard. Being too fine batting, on the mound, in the field. Announcer and former Cane Gabby Sanchez said it himself, "FSU is playing loose and just having fun. That's when you're most successful." He also commented on Friday thst Rosario was trying to be too fine. It was obvious that the rivalry had put undo pressure on himself. He's young and will learn from the experience.

The area that I do give some blame to the HC is hitting. The team is hitting 0.156 in this series and has the same number of strikeouts as FSU has scored runs which is 22. This team strikes out way too much and I don't agree with Gino's approach. They take too many pitches and have a bad approach with two strikes. This team has got to hit the ball to opposite field. There are so many left handed hitters in the lineup that they are going to see left handed pitching at least 2 of 3 games all year. It's very difficult for a left handed batter against a left handed pitcher because most throw from 3/4 arm slot where the pitch looks like it's coming from behind you especially on curveballs which we saw Saturday night. I know because I was a left handed hitting 1B in college. So, you have to have an opposite field approach against lefty v lefty matchups and with all hitters when they have two strikes. Our guys don't do that, but our opponents do. That' why we have so many strikeouts because this team tries to pull everything with the exception of the Del Castillo brothers. Toral had his best game when he hit 4 balls opposite field with 1HR that could have been 2. He then reverts back to trying to pull everything. He hasn't figured out that he's a better hitter if he just tries to hit the ball to the left center gap. He can hit home runs to both sides of the park if he has this approach that once again Gabby Sanchez talked about last night where this approach keeps you inside and on the baseball. Jenkins would really benefit from this approach if he'd just try to hit line drives to right center. When the pitch is inside you will naturally turn on the ball, but not as much resuling in a hit to left center rather than rolling over or hitting a fly ball to left field. Basically, an opposite field approach gets you driving the ball into both gaps.

The hitting is really the only thing I'd put on the HC. I don't personally know his hitting philosophy. I've watched several years of Miami baseball and have drawn my own conclusions of what the team's hitting approach is. They take lots of pitches to try to get themselves in favorable counts where they can just hit fastballs. This team is gorrible at hitting curveballs because they just focus on hitting fasball rather than location. The biggest thing to me is that the team needs to be more aggressive at the plate. Hit balls that our in the strikezone regardless of whether it's a fastball or curveball. They take too many pitches and get themselves in bad hitting counts when facing good pitching. Thus, the multiple 10+ strikeout games.

Our guys need to just relax, have fun, and play the game they played all their youth.
You’re chock full of excuses. Save that bs for some other clown. This staff is and has always been questionable and I’m not basing it off this series alone. Anyone with a clue can see we are not a well coached team. But continue on with your narrative.

Advertisement
The easy answer to every problem is to fire the coach.

I can honestly say I don't have a feeling about DiMare one way or the other, but I know for certain that even if he were gone tomorrow Blake James would not find a better replacement.

The easy answer to every problem is to fire the coach.

I can honestly say I don't have a feeling about DiMare one way or the other, but I know for certain that even if he were gone tomorrow Blake James would not find a better replacement.
Sadly, as bad as I think Gino DiMare is, you are right about Blake James.

Advertisement
32-2 but I’m the idiot. Got it.
You said they were mediocre dip stic
You’re chock full of excuses. Save that bs for some other clown. This staff is and has always been questionable and I’m not basing it off this series alone. Anyone with a clue can see we are not a well coached team. But continue on with your narrative.
Say the sad clown. You offer nothing but ****ing and moaning. Knee jerk reaction everytime adversity comes calling.

Were you calling for a regime change when they beat Florida?

You said they were mediocre dip stic

Say the sad clown. You offer nothing but ****ing and moaning. Knee jerk reaction everytime adversity comes calling.

Were you calling for a regime change when they beat Florida?

They ARE mediocre. They got swept by Pitt. Beating us doesn't make a team elite.

I was calling for a regime change ten years ago. Pay attention. Only you and a few others were fooled by a lucky series win over Florida.

They ARE mediocre. They got swept by Pitt. Beating us doesn't make a team elite.

I was calling for a regime change ten years ago. Pay attention. Only you and a few others were fooled by a lucky series win over Florida.
You're such a nOOb. Pitt not only Swept FSU, they took the series against a top 20 GT so they have a good team. You don't mention the FSU Florida beatdown. Drawing conclusions on FSU after 1 series in the beginning of the season is just dumb. There's also plenty of games for Miami to define their season as well.

Your arguements are weak and baseless. Save your rants until the seadon is over. Better yet, tske hour silly *** elsewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're such a nOOb. Pitt not only Swept FSU, they took the series against a top 20 GT so they have a good team. You don't mention the FSU Florida beatdown. Drawing conclusions on FSU after 1 series in the beginning of the season is just dumb. There's also plenty of games for Miami to define their season as well.

Your arguements are weak and baseless. Save your rants until the seadon is over. Better yet, tske hour silly *** elsewhere.

I've seen enough of this program over the last 12 years to know how the story ends. I don't need to wait.

Funny how the Pitt-FSU series isn't enough to make a judgement, but one FSU-UF game IS enough to make a judgement.

You're defending the #57 team. A team that just endured the worst series loss in modern program history.

I've seen enough of this program over the last 12 years to know how the story ends. I don't need to wait.

Funny how the Pitt-FSU series isn't enough to make a judgement, but one FSU-UF game IS enough to make a judgement.

You're defending the #57 team. A team that just endured the worst series loss in modern program history.
If you know how it's going to end, why bother watching and getting upset?

If you know how it's going to end, why bother watching and getting upset?
Isn't that my business? I keep wondering why other posters keep making this about me, and now a staff member is doing it too. Would it help if I logged my daily activities for everyone to see?

I mean, I keep trying to talk about baseball, even if it's negative, but people keep turning back to me personally.

Advertisement
Back