Fsu front 7

They are stacked on defense, I don't know what OP is talking about. The only advantage we have is that their DC is retarded but the bad news is that we have yet to exploit that. Last year was a perfect opportunity and Richt refused to take advantage of the middle of the field with our TEs against their LBs and crossing routes by our WRs. It was brutal and we were owned on the interior.

Advertisement
I agree that their front 7 is gonna be real good and we better be ready to handle it because everyone knows we're gonna depend a lot on our run game and they're gonna stack the box and dare us to throw. But on the other hand, FSU on offense doesn't scare me. We held them to 20 points with cook. He's gone and they don't have any good receivers or TEs. I think it'll be a game like last year and whoever has the least turnovers wins. Perry just has to get the ball to ahmon and thomas and Herndon and we should be good.

yep..

they lost their top rusher, top receiver, best blocker

Murray and Tate are pretty good. And Cam Akers is a hughe prospect.

But you gotta like our chances.
I gotta see more of Cam Akers after all the hype. Looks like a great athlete, but clip of him from spring seems to show him desperately trying to bounce it outside.

Thank you! I haven't seen anything from Akers in that Spring game anywhere near the hype he got from it. Granted, reports were he was impressive all camp long for them and his "hype" isn't just built on the Spring Game. I just don't buy the whole 'a star has been born' type talk I've been hearing from FSU fans. He put the ball on the ground in the Spring Game too, didn't he? Maybe he'll continue to develop into a great RB, but true freshman Akers is not gonna replace a Junior Dalvin Cook.

I agree that their front 7 is gonna be real good and we better be ready to handle it because everyone knows we're gonna depend a lot on our run game and they're gonna stack the box and dare us to throw. But on the other hand, FSU on offense doesn't scare me. We held them to 20 points with cook. He's gone and they don't have any good receivers or TEs. I think it'll be a game like last year and whoever has the least turnovers wins. Perry just has to get the ball to ahmon and thomas and Herndon and we should be good.

yep..

I gotta see more of Cam Akers after all the hype. Looks like a great athlete, but clip of him from spring seems to show him desperately trying to bounce it outside.

Thank you! I haven't seen anything from Akers in that Spring game anywhere near the hype he got from it. Granted, reports were he was impressive all camp long for them and his "hype" isn't just built on the Spring Game. I just don't buy the whole 'a star has been born' type talk I've been hearing from FSU fans. He put the ball on the ground in the Spring Game too, didn't he? Maybe he'll continue to develop into a great RB, but true freshman Akers is not gonna replace a Junior Dalvin Cook.

This, he doesn't have the long speed that dalvin cook has.

Advertisement
Ask Brad Kaaya's molar about the f$u pass rush last year... and that hit came from a DB...

The bigger issue with starting a freshman QB in that stadium is it would be his first start in a hostile environment with 75k people yelling and chanting throughout the game. It's not strictly about pass rush, it's about the young man's ability to ignore the noise and energy that comes with it.

I thought that was Matthew Thomas who hit him on the chin.

Ask Brad Kaaya's molar about the f$u pass rush last year... and that hit came from a DB...

The bigger issue with starting a freshman QB in that stadium is it would be his first start in a hostile environment with 75k people yelling and chanting throughout the game. It's not strictly about pass rush, it's about the young man's ability to ignore the noise and energy that comes with it.

I thought that was Matthew Thomas who hit him on the chin.

It was.

thomas is a LB

thomas is a LB

You're right. My bad. It was Thomas who knocked his tooth out.

Advertisement

yep..

good luck trying to do that on this D. Wait til Carter comes up and torpedo's that mother ******.

Advertisement
Yeah because Burns and Sweat didn't combine for 15 sacks.

And Nadi and Christmas didn't toss our interior OLs salad.

And Matthew Thomas didn't knock Kaaya into next week.
Jarron jones did more damage than Thomas,nandi and Christmas combined in the notre dame game. Watch the film

Film says we couldnt run the ball vs fsu.

It was Worse in the notre dame game. Jarron jones wrecked our whole offensive running game. Also was in the backfield **** near every play. It was a terrible performance by the interior guys

Seems that your thesis is that we're screwed against multiple teams on our schedule. Great thread...

I cannot wait to see our O with a QB who is a threat to run. Everybody is gonna be on Richt's ****. Kaaya was the saddest sack of **** QB ever. zero mobility, zero pocket presence, zero escape ability (like ben, room, brady). The kid was a soft little ****. Perry is gonna run this offense to perfection from day 1. Mark my words. The kid is that good already. Just listen to his interview after working with Winston. The kid has a set of rocks Kaaya could only dream of.

Jarron jones did more damage than Thomas,nandi and Christmas combined in the notre dame game. Watch the film

It was Worse in the notre dame game. Jarron jones wrecked our whole offensive running game. Also was in the backfield **** near every play. It was a terrible performance by the interior guys

Seems that your thesis is that we're screwed against multiple teams on our schedule. Great thread...
No it was more of a point in saying that their front 7 isn't this dominant force as some people are making them out to be.

Advertisement
How exactly will FSU score on our Defense?

I predict we win with a last minute saftey 2-0.

That was the play calling. Rick is only going to call plays where the quarterback keeps all of his teeth this year.

Last edited:
based on the schedules leading up, they may be high single digit favorites in the one, could be a money maker

Kaaya's decision to leave just perplexes me more and more. SMH!!! Not only did he settle for middle of the pack draft grades, he bailed prior to his and our best chance at winning big in a very long time. He stays, and the worry meter regarding FSWHOOOS defense, let alone the rest of the schedule would be much lower!

Advertisement
Back