Fsu front 7

brock

All-American
Why are you all so worried about perry against fsu other than the fact that he's a freshman ? Last time I checked Miami had more problems blocking unc, va tech and notre dame last year compared to fsu's front 7. Now that front is without Demarcus walker 16 sacks 20 plus tfl guy. Yeah they brought in Marvin Wilson and josh kaindoh but they won't match or come close to walkers production. It's going to be an interesting game for sure. We will see what happens

Also I'm not saying their front 7 isn't good, it's really good top 3 in the Acc. All I was trying to say is that we had more struggles vs the other teams I listed compared to fsu. Sorry if it didn't come out like that...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesn't matter who's on their DL. Playing at vanguard does not prepare you for playing @ Doak. The expectation of coming in as the last QB , winning the job, and beating FSU in Tally to break a 7 year streak is enormous. I don't care who you are.

It's way more mental than physical.

Yeah because Burns and Sweat didn't combine for 15 sacks.

And Nadi and Christmas didn't toss our interior OLs salad.

And Matthew Thomas didn't knock Kaaya into next week.

IMG_4022.jpg

Advertisement
I agree that their front 7 is gonna be real good and we better be ready to handle it because everyone knows we're gonna depend a lot on our run game and they're gonna stack the box and dare us to throw. But on the other hand, FSU on offense doesn't scare me. We held them to 20 points with cook. He's gone and they don't have any good receivers or TEs. I think it'll be a game like last year and whoever has the least turnovers wins. Perry just has to get the ball to ahmon and thomas and Herndon and we should be good.

Ask Brad Kaaya's molar about the f$u pass rush last year... and that hit came from a DB...

The bigger issue with starting a freshman QB in that stadium is it would be his first start in a hostile environment with 75k people yelling and chanting throughout the game. It's not strictly about pass rush, it's about the young man's ability to ignore the noise and energy that comes with it.

I agree that their front 7 is gonna be real good and we better be ready to handle it because everyone knows we're gonna depend a lot on our run game and they're gonna stack the box and dare us to throw. But on the other hand, FSU on offense doesn't scare me. We held them to 20 points with cook. He's gone and they don't have any good receivers or TEs. I think it'll be a game like last year and whoever has the least turnovers wins. Perry just has to get the ball to ahmon and thomas and Herndon and we should be good.

yep..

they lost their top rusher, top receiver, best blocker

Murray and Tate are pretty good. And Cam Akers is a hughe prospect.

But you gotta like our chances.

Jarron jones did more damage than Thomas,nandi and Christmas combined in the notre dame game. Watch the film

Advertisement

Jarron jones did more damage than Thomas,nandi and Christmas combined in the notre dame game. Watch the film

Our interior OL struggled mightily against UNC, FSU, VT, ND

What did sweat and burns do in the Miami game? Don't remember that many impact plays from THEM in that game

Our interior OL struggled mightily against UNC, FSU, VT, ND

Yeah I know I'm just saying we had more trouble blocking those other teams than we did vs fsu especially vt and notre dame

yep..

yea but they still got that stupid f*#king chant that gets loud as ****...

Advertisement
Wait til you see what a little mobility will do for this O-Line. They are going to look all-world.

With their Safety position healthy again and Levonta Taylor supposedly stepping up, I think their defense is less vulnerable than it was in 2016 (where we missed a huge opportunity). I think the play is to run no huddle on them and make sure Gauthier is our starting center capable of working against Nandi. Outside of one position (Taylor at CB), their back 7 is highly experienced and is contains some very talented players. Think the early expectation would be they blitz our inexperienced QB until something breaks.

Hopefully, it's their will and the perhaps the infrastructure of their stadium.

yep..

I gotta see more of Cam Akers after all the hype. Looks like a great athlete, but clip of him from spring seems to show him desperately trying to bounce it outside.

Advertisement

Film says we couldnt run the ball vs fsu.

It was Worse in the notre dame game. Jarron jones wrecked our whole offensive running game. Also was in the backfield **** near every play. It was a terrible performance by the interior guys

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back