FSU drops Worton

LULZ at Canes fans looking like panhandlers with "Will work for recruits" signs hanging out in Jimbo's driveway. You can't be looking to eat fsu's scraps even if you think the guy might be a decent player. Makes you look even more like the bytch in the relationship.

If the guy is a stud then I would take him in a f***ing heartbeat. At this point, the more playmakers on the field wearing green and orange, the better. Regardless of who they were recruited by

No way I'd take fsu's scraps. It's bytch made. I ain't built that way.

Yearby?

That isn't a scrap. We flipped him from his commitment. Worton was told by FSU to pound sand because they expect to be getting multiple players better than him. Rushing to take a guy that your biggest rival says isn't good enough for them is very different from flipping a stud.

Fair enough but let's think about it this way. Throw out your bias about him being a "Nole reject." By looking at his tape and his body of work, is he good enough to be a Cane and be a difference maker for US, not FSU. If the answer is "yes" then let's pick this guy up. If not then he can kick rocks.

Advertisement
If the guy is a stud then I would take him in a f***ing heartbeat. At this point, the more playmakers on the field wearing green and orange, the better. Regardless of who they were recruited by

Yearby?

That isn't a scrap. We flipped him from his commitment. Worton was told by FSU to pound sand because they expect to be getting multiple players better than him. Rushing to take a guy that your biggest rival says isn't good enough for them is very different from flipping a stud.

Fair enough but let's think about it this way. Throw out your bias about him being a "Nole reject." By looking at his tape and his body of work, is he good enough to be a Cane and be a difference maker for US, not FSU. If the answer is "yes" then let's pick this guy up. If not then he can kick rocks.

Good point. I don't mind swallowing my pride to take someone that FSU pushes out, but in my own personal evaluation I don't really want Worton. I'd rather save that scholarship and either use it for the reductions or on some of the awesome receivers in next year's class. He put up some outstanding stats, but I don't see the dynamic playmaking or stellar athlete that makes up our style. My biggest reason for considering him is I think South Dade High will be putting out some solid talent in the near future and having a pipeline from them would be nice. But to each his own and if we did take him, I would not really be complaining.

Last edited:

Yearby?

Good point. I don't mind swallowing my pride to take someone that FSU pushes out, but in my own personal evaluation I don't really want Worton. I'd rather save that scholarship and either use it either for the reductions or on some of the awesome receivers in next year's class. He put up some outstanding stats, but I don't see the dynamic playmaking or stellar athlete that makes up our style. My biggest reason for considering him is I think South Dade High will be putting out some solid talent in the near future and having a pipeline from them would be nice. But to each his own and if we did take him, I would not really be complaining.

Agree.

This is the funniest, whackiest thread yet...scraps? funny, we won a bunch of NCs with FSU's "scraps"...sometimes "scraps" try harder.

LULZ at Canes fans looking like panhandlers with "Will work for recruits" signs hanging out in Jimbo's driveway. You can't be looking to eat fsu's scraps even if you think the guy might be a decent player. Makes you look even more like the bytch in the relationship.

Yearby?

Yep. It's the exact same situation to steal a guy from your arch rival that your arch rival wants badly (Yearby) as it is to take their leftover scraps that they discarded (Worton).

Advertisement
SFla media and HS coaches would be up in arms if we dropped a local kid this close to signing day.

This is precisely why we have to be so careful with offers. The WVU and Louisville's of the world can come down here and throw offers up in the air and then ignore a kid. Miami can't recruit that way.

SFla media and HS coaches would be up in arms if we dropped a local kid this close to signing day.

This is precisely why we have to be so careful with offers. The WVU and Louisville's of the world can come down here and throw offers up in the air and then ignore a kid. Miami can't recruit that way.

Very true. Thats just bad for "South Florida Recruiting" business

Yearby?

Yearby is the exception I guess. Lol. (shrugs).

I dont have a dog in this fight but im not a fan of Worton. So I hope we dont take him and not because he committed to FSU either. Just not what I would look for in a UM receiver IF we are trying to get back to the glory days. Plus I fear he has maxed out. Brady on the other hand we all know is oozing with potential. JMO.

A lot of these kids see a Canes offer as a right rather than a privilege. I'm not quite sure how recruiting got so ****ed up down here.

Advertisement

Yearby?

I dont have a dog in this fight but im not a fan of Worton. So I hope we dont take him and not because he committed to FSU either. Just not what I would look for in a UM receiver IF we are trying to get back to the glory days. Plus I fear he has maxed out. Brady on the other hand we all know is oozing with potential. JMO.

FSU cut Yearby loose because they didn't think he was good enough for them?

A lot of these kids see a Canes offer as a right rather than a privilege. I'm not quite sure how recruiting got so ****ed up down here.

It got fcked up because UM became a losing zero program, and our corches aren't doing a good job of connecting to the locals.

It got fcked up because UM became a losing zero program, and our corches aren't doing a good job of connecting to the locals.

Connecting with the locals? What does that mean exactly? By the sound of things, "connecting with the locals" in SoFl means doing a lot of underhanded, and sometimes unsavory things that the NCAA is waiting to pounce on. I can definitely be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Yearby?

I think the difference in the situations is that Yearby left because he wanted to, while Worton got pushed out. Do you see how those are different situations? I certainly hope so.

In regards to Worton, I like him as a prospect. Played well, put up good numbers in a tough division, he's done more than Brady has for sure.

Advertisement

Yearby?

I think the difference in the situations is that Yearby left because he wanted to, while Worton got pushed out. Do you see how those are different situations? I certainly hope so.

In regards to Worton, I like him as a prospect. Played well, put up good numbers in a tough division, he's done more than Brady has for sure.

Lol! Hey why are yall jumpin' me? I just said I guess Yearby is the exception. I dont know what happened with Worton and neither does anyone else on here. We are all assuming. And furthermore, I said buddy wasnt even that good to me in comparison to other WRs on the board so I am not surprised FSU pushed him out if they did. Does any of this really matter anyway? He isnt on our radar from what the insiders say. So most of this is wishful thinking from people who like the kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back