FSU Class worth the hype?

this board man - you don't lose your super #1 cane fan status by saying "yeah it's good, it's what they do, so our boys and the coaches gotta bring it to knock them on their ***."

Advertisement
that **** Matthews is Roscoe Parrish like...i **** sure wanted him.

Their rb class is the goods as well.... they'll be ok. Long as they have a qb that can throw the skinny post on 3rd down its all good... their wr's starting showing up at the end of the year. They get their safety back who is a grown man...fsu will be a tough out again...

My cuz is the starting te

one thing that is noticeable is the lack of recruits from South Fla. Time will tell if 3 and 4 start SoFla talent we have is as good if not better than 5 star talent elsewhere.

They got wilson too sick class as always they havent dropped off in 30 years whensthe last time they didnt have atop 5 class

Advertisement
Can you imagine how bad they would be if they didn't drop bags to land these top five classes? They have to keep the fight fair somehow

Good class and **** did they reload at running back. Cam will be scary anytime he touches the ball as he's a legitimate throwing weapon and not just a badass runner.

They are going to be tough this year. They do lose Cook which is huge. But Francois has a year under his belt, the question mark for them in my opinion is WR. Loosing Rudolph and Wilson and also lost their TE. So all their starting skills guys are going to need to be replaced. Their secondary is going to be tough to throw on next year

Their receiver development has been subpar given the receivers they get every class. Seems like the only good one they've gotten in the last 4 years is Rudolph. Sure there's players that contribute here and there; but I'd expect much more out of them.

I'm not trying to downplay FSU's class. It's good. Cam Akers will be good. But not every 5-star RB turns out to be Cook. Jacquez Patrick was a 5-star and he's looked average at FSU.

Advertisement
Don't care.they always recruit well.

More confused why clemsons class is so small?

Just signed Marvin Wilson. This makes two guys in Akers and Wilson I have SERIOUS ? marks on. Literally they picked FSU outta no where.

Not really they have been recruiting them for a long time. I know for on Wilson as Wilson teammate dontavious Jackson fsu linebacker was teammates in highschool with him so there was already that connection

They signed a **** good running back class but with our front 7 I'm not worried 1 bit and that's putting it mildly. I think we have earned the right to think like that considering how good the front 7 was this year and how much they improved.

Advertisement
If you combine their Oline recruiting from last year and their RB recruiting from this year as well as the various other positions then you realize they are absolutely loaded and will be a much better team than they were last year.

If you combine their Oline recruiting from last year and their RB recruiting from this year as well as the various other positions then you realize they are absolutely loaded and will be a much better team than they were last year.

If those olineman were any good they would have been playing this year for them.especially at right tackle and center. They have loaded up at running back though

Even if Cook stayed, they weren't going to be CFB Playoff team w/o upgrading that OL. And they completely wiffed on that.

This is what I don't understand. Did they even prioritize this?

They got 6 OL last cycle.. 5 4-stars with two ranked 6.0. The talent is there... coaching is not. Not impressed with their QB commit. Fransioa goes down they are in trouble.

Advertisement
"They lost all of their good players on defense." 2011-2013
"They lost Jameis and can't replace him." 2015-2016
"Cook is gone, what are they going to do now?" 2016-?

Some of our fans need to wake up. They recruit at a high level and will likely find another elite player(s) to replace the one they lost. Until we start recruiting on that level, they'll continue to be a problem for us.

Yep. This board lacks self awareness sometimes. Pull up threads from past NSD and it always pops up. Yet FSU has won 7 straight and loaded up again.

The lack of elite QB is really the only thing that that jumps out at me. As many have said ITT, many bodies come of RS this year from the 2016 OL class if you look at it.

Advertisement
Back