FSU Class worth the hype?

I'd take their RBs in a minute which is stating the obvious. They got some really good talent here and there.

There one concern is they failed to address an already shaky O-line. It's a possibility Miami might have the best o-line in the state next season....which isn't saying much.

Advertisement
How in the world does FSU land the #1, #4 and #15 running backs on the ESPN national ranking list and UM only lands one kid, from this position of great need?

I can only guess it was related to our O line's inability to generate any kind of a running late, coupled with CMR's fear of putting Kaaya under center.

SFBayCane, your questions is in part why I started this thread...Kaaya struggled under Center b/c the OL couldn't protect him & even if it did, he didn't trust it and would look down at the passrush rather than focusing on the receivers/reads. Likewise Francois struggled b/c the FSU OL wasn't good. I wasn't saying FSU didn't sign elite players but they didn't address OL (presumably trusting that last year's O-linemen will be good - but why didn't those players get PT this year w/ how bad that OL was). Miami may have missed RBs, failed to land JJ, Smith, &/or Holloman at WR, and missed on Edwards & Henderson but their OL class is SO GOOD & addressed our biggest need. I am beyond stoked w/ this OL class & what it will mean for Miami's long-term success.

I'd take their RBs in a minute which is stating the obvious. They got some really good talent here and there.

There one concern is they failed to address an already shaky O-line. It's a possibility Miami might have the best o-line in the state next season....which isn't saying much.

Thank you.

"They lost all of their good players on defense." 2011-2013
"They lost Jameis and can't replace him." 2015-2016
"Cook is gone, what are they going to do now?" 2016-?

Some of our fans need to wake up. They recruit at a high level and will likely find another elite player(s) to replace the one they lost. Until we start recruiting on that level, they'll continue to be a problem for us.

Of course, they'll continue to sign great classes. They've been doing so for 30 years. Is Francois better than Winston? Remains to be seen. Cook broke all their rushing records and ran all over Miami. Will Akers be better? Who knows, but all I know is Cook beat Miami 3 years running. Without him three lose all three games. Those are huge shoes to fill at running back.

No Francois is not better than Winston but a good majority of ours fans, myself included, believed that he'd be a liability. 20 TDs 7 INTs on the season as a freshman.
Akers won't be better. Its the fact that they got someone with around the same amount of talent to replace Cook with. I do think Cook was a huge reason why their offense worked and hopefully our defense can take advantage of that this year, then again *refer to my original post*.

Football is a LOS game. And FSU took a pass on the OL. They got some nice DL players & some nice skill guys, but THEY ONLY TOOK 1 O-LINEMAN (a 255 lbs. project).

I LOVE our OL class & for that reason alone, I'll take the Canes' class.

QB - push Perry and Weldon Hockman and Blackmon
RB - FSU by far. 3 big time rb's The Akers kid looks like he will be a thorn in our side for the next 3-4 years.
WR - slight edge to us. But FSU got DJ Matthews and Terry who if qualifies looks like a stud, was always wondering why Richt never went after him.
O-Line - edge to us If i remember correctly, they took like 6 or 7 O linemen last year, and I most were 4 stars. so no need this year for them
TE - Push nothing eye catching for either
DT - FSU slight edge, but if they get Wilson , then big edge o them
DE - Push We got 2 good ones on DJ and Garvin, they got Kaindoh and Lawson
LBer - Slight edge to FSU
Safety - edge to FSU - ***an and the kid from North carolina are good ones.
CB - slight edge to us FSU got the best one in Samuels, but we got 2 good ones

Advertisement
Just signed Marvin Wilson. This makes two guys in Akers and Wilson I have SERIOUS ? marks on. Literally they picked FSU outta no where.

Advertisement
All I have to say is they got 5 All Americans.......... And we dream of that sht!!!

They loaded up on the o-line last year. Think they signed around four 4 star guys.

Advertisement
I don't care how good those RBs are they aren't Dalvin Cook. Great player, hard worker and a leader.

Advertisement
When was the last time you seen a recruit pull out a brand new pair of custom made shoes on national tv with University of Miami on them? Sht aint never happen!!! We dream to be on that level when it comes to recruiting...

Half the OL redshirted last year. Like 17 OL on scholarship, including several blue chip recruits from last cycle.

They loaded up on the o-line last year. Think they signed around four 4 star guys.
Not just four 4* guys, four top 200 overall guys.

OT Landon ****erson 4* #31 Nationally #4 Position
C Baveon Johnson 4* #42 Nationally #1 Position
OT Jauan Williams 4* #165 Nationally #16 Position
OT Josh Ball 4* #200 Nationally #20 Position
OT Mike Arnold 3*
OG Andrew Boselli 3* (Tony's kid)

FSU signed one O-lineman this year because last year's class was large and really good. They also have 20 scholarship linemen on their roster. Anyone trying to devalue FSU's class because it had one lineman is delusional.

They are going to be tough this year. They do lose Cook which is huge. But Francois has a year under his belt, the question mark for them in my opinion is WR. Loosing Rudolph and Wilson and also lost their TE. So all their starting skills guys are going to need to be replaced. Their secondary is going to be tough to throw on next year

Advertisement
Back